• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Doom III

can someone please fix this mutator so that the cyberdemon comes out?

i have large maps on my server so thats no issue, but half the darn bosses in this mutator dont show? and im using reg game type and not sandbox......

this mutator need to be updated to work right as well as with current version game.

Thanks marco for a great mod..........................but its outdated and needs a rework so that ALL bosses work and i DONT have to add lines to doom3 ini.................please?

I keep updating this mod for my ScrN server, but I can't release it to public without Marco's permission. PM me for details.

Upvote 0
texture issue...

texture issue...

I noticed that I seem to be suffering from a graphical issue that no one else has reported yet about this mod.

My issue seems to be a uv mapping/alpha channel glitch with the "Butterbean" fatzombie model (the bald wrench toting zombie). Whenever I shine a flashlight at him, I get a horrible surface texture on the model. No other light sources replicate this effect. It is only when I or another player shine a flashlight at the model. And the effect disappears once the light map moves off the model. If the model is only covered partially with the light source, then only the "splashed" area of the model shows the texture issue.

I swear it looks like a bad uv map. I have tried adjusting numerous graphic settings to try and remove the effect, but nothing has worked. Does anyone have any idea what it is or what I am talking about? I can upload some screenies if it would help.

Other than that, this mod is awesome and works flawlessly. Once again Marco delivers. This mod is a constant active mut on my server, I wouldn't run my server without it. Bravo ! :D

Upvote 0
getting an issue with the doom3 emitters getting stuck on the map.

D661158A948521ADA67E1C4AFE5E3D3664461B12

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot! Cool new features and balansing, but I don't want the final boss to spawn sidekicks, if it's not a Maledict spawning Forgotten ones like it was. These bosses are already hard enough as they are. Is it easy to remove this feature?

Here's another question. Quake 4 and Prey use the same engine as Doom 3 and have some cool monsters and bosses. Is it hard to port them to this mod? Also Black Mesa, it's not in the same engine, but I do have the needed plugins to convert the models and skeletons and animations and everything else needed, I'm only worried for the codding part.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks a lot! Cool new features and balansing, but I don't want the final boss to spawn sidekicks, if it's not a Maledict spawning Forgotten ones like it was. These bosses are already hard enough as they are. Is it easy to remove this feature?

Here's another question. Quake 4 and Prey use the same engine as Doom 3 and have some cool monsters and bosses. Is it hard to port them to this mod? Also Black Mesa, it's not in the same engine, but I do have the needed plugins to convert the models and skeletons and animations and everything else needed, I'm only worried for the codding part.

If you can properly export the models, animations and textures any game's weapons, enemies, objects, or vehicles theoretically can be ported over to KF or UT if you have the proper coding knowledge

Upvote 0

If Doom boss seems too tough for you, then try to lower PatBossMult value in Doom3KF.ini. Without sidekicks fighting the doom boss is a joke, because unlike Patriarch, Doom bosses don't heal themselves and move much slower.

Upvote 0
We are usually playing with friends on Normal/Long, and we're not more than 3 to 5 players at any time. We are new to this game, we started playing it less than 1 week ago. It is pretty tough with this mod, and the Doom Bosses almost always wipe us out, but if we survive till the Patriarch, we destroy him as if he was a joke, we don't even let him heal himself.

I'd love to add more monsters from other games, maximum variety FTW! But I'm not confident in my coding skills :(

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0