• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Doom III

Again.....

Again.....

Crashed my server again. Can someone help?

Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'None' not found for mesh 'Civilian1_Soldier'
Critical: AActor::processState
Critical: Object Doom3Controller KF-Deck16][-fix.Doom3Controller, Old State State Doom3KFBeta4.Doom3Controller.StakeOut, New State State Doom3KFBeta4.Doom3Controller.TacticalMove
Critical: AController::Tick
Critical: TickAllActors
Critical: ULevel::Tick
Critical: (NetMode=1)
Critical: TickLevel
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: Level Deck16
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: UServerCommandlet::Main
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Exiting.
Log: FileManager: Reading 9 GByte 8272 MByte 8389182 KByte 567 Bytes from HD took 8.077657 seconds (7.512661 reading, 0.564996 seeking).
Log: FileManager: 1.339005 seconds spent with misc. duties
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 06/23/12 15:28:56

Upvote 0
I'm getting a odd problem, when I add the mutator it should add in Doom 3 ZEDS dynamicly right? cause when added I go through all 15 waves and don't see a single Doom 3 zed except at the last wave since I have the patreplacment set
You must be using Sandbox which is where you set them yourself. Alter the sandbox waves to get the correct specimen/monster in that wave you want.

Upvote 0
You mustn't use sandbox mode with this mutator, would you rather quote your ini configure for the doom 3 mutator you're using?

I figured it out, it was a mutator overwriting it and I forgot to add it to the MapVote mutators, sadly this made the doom 3 monsters rarely appear so I was forced to add a few of them to the sandbox squads and it seems everything is going alright

Upvote 0
@Marco
Can you change the code line in DoomMonster.uc to match the new game update please?

from
Code:
Damage = float(Damage) * KFPRI.ClientVeteranSkill.Static.GetHeadShotDamMulti(KFPRI,damageType);
to
Code:
Damage = float(Damage) * KFPRI.ClientVeteranSkill.Static.GetHeadShotDamMulti(KFPRI, KFPawn(instigatedBy), DamageType);

I'm wondering how retarded programmer must be to insert a new argument in between (!), no to the end (and as optional) of function's argument list? And the weirdest part is that KFPawn argument isn't used anywhere in the code :eek:

Upvote 0
hey there. may i just say, i love this mod to bits. :D i have basicly assured chance for demons to spawn, and it brings a whole new challange to the game. altho i do have some questions.

1: do the enemys actuly give a bounty or not? every time i kill a demon or zombie it doesnt give me any dosh till the end of the round, and even then i am not sure if this is just the end of round cash.

2: is this mod still being worked on slowly or not? not asking for a update or anything, just curious to see if this mod is being pushed forward anymore or if its being left as is.

3: can anyone recomend a server side perk mutator i can use to add custom perks? currently useing perk replacement 1101, altho i am looking for something me and my freinds can level up with.

Upvote 0
hey there. may i just say, i love this mod to bits. :D i have basicly assured chance for demons to spawn, and it brings a whole new challange to the game. altho i do have some questions.

1: do the enemys actuly give a bounty or not? every time i kill a demon or zombie it doesnt give me any dosh till the end of the round, and even then i am not sure if this is just the end of round cash.

2: is this mod still being worked on slowly or not? not asking for a update or anything, just curious to see if this mod is being pushed forward anymore or if its being left as is.

3: can anyone recomend a server side perk mutator i can use to add custom perks? currently useing perk replacement 1101, altho i am looking for something me and my freinds can level up with.
1.) The bounty as added at the end as Hemi has tested this.
2.) I doubt it's being worked on anymore as there isn't exactly anything else to do to it. It's finished for what i've seen.
3.) ServerPerks made by Marco is the best you can get. [url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=36065[/URL]

Upvote 0
Still getting this controller crash with this Mod. Mind shining in Marco?

Critical: AActor::processState
Critical: Object Doom3Controller KF-Abandoned-Base-MacabreDay.Doom3Controller, Old State State Doom3KFBeta4.Doom3Controller.StakeOut, New State State KFMod.KFMonsterController.WaitForAnim
Critical: AController::Tick
Critical: TickAllActors
Critical: ULevel::Tick
Critical: (NetMode=1)
Critical: TickLevel
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: Level KF-Abandoned-Base
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: UServerCommandlet::Main
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Exiting.

Upvote 0
Due to TWI screwed up GetHeadShotDamMulti() function in 1035 patch, Sharpshooter gets only base headshot damage bonus on Doom monsters (50% max) with perked weapons instead of 140%.

*** EDIT. Actually this is cool, because now you need 2 xbow headshots to kill HoE Bruiser or Archvile and 3 for Mancubus or Hell Knight. But LAR/M14 combo became useless against the Doom monsters.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You must be using Sandbox which is where you set them yourself. Alter the sandbox waves to get the correct specimen/monster in that wave you want.

A question Flux or anyone and if this is not the good thread for it please either PM or direct me to and answer in another thread. I want to configure the zeds in the early waves. If I set the game type to custom then the game will use the monster squads and allow zombies numbers over 32. However the game seems to launch at random the squads and sometimes one can get Fps and scrakes right off the bat. I understand that if one uses the retail game and sets the hosting to dedicated then there is a graphic window that allows the number and type of zeds the spawn. I use the deticated server files to host and there is no graphic window the configure from. In the KFmod.KFGameType section of the KF.ini there is this part:

Waves[0]=(WaveMask=1011,WaveMaxMonsters=20,WaveDuration=255,WaveDifficulty=0.252280)
Waves[1]=(WaveMask=17244159,WaveMaxMonsters=24,WaveDuration=255,WaveDifficulty=0.295311)
Waves[2]=(WaveMask=53870399,WaveMaxMonsters=32,WaveDuration=255,WaveDifficulty=0.395716)
Waves[3]=(WaveMask=666828729,WaveMaxMonsters=46,WaveDuration=255,WaveDifficulty=0.453091)

I just put up the first couple lines. Are the numbers 1011, 17244159, 53870399, etc the part where the zeds are configured? If not where and if so how is this accomplished? I have installed various other zeds to the server and I don't want huge numbers of really tough zeds spawning before the players get a chance to get to the trader. I may be totally off track so any help is appreciated. Somewhere I read and I don't remember where here in the forums, someone spoke of certian monster squads being used in the opening waves? Anyone know anything about that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A question Flux or anyone and if this is not the good thread for it please either PM or direct me to and answer in another thread. I want to configure the zeds in the early waves. If I set the game type to custom then the game will use the monster squads and allow zombies numbers over 32. However the game seems to launch at random the squads and sometimes one can get Fps and scrakes right off the bat. I understand that if one uses the retail game and sets the hosting to deticated then there is a graphic window that allows the number and type of zeds the spawn. I use the deticated server files to host and there is no graphic window the configure from. In the KFmod.KFGameType section of the KF.ini there is this part:

Waves[0]=(WaveMask=1011,WaveMaxMonsters=20,WaveDuration=255,WaveDifficulty=0.252280)
Waves[1]=(WaveMask=17244159,WaveMaxMonsters=24,WaveDuration=255,WaveDifficulty=0.295311)
Waves[2]=(WaveMask=53870399,WaveMaxMonsters=32,WaveDuration=255,WaveDifficulty=0.395716)
Waves[3]=(WaveMask=666828729,WaveMaxMonsters=46,WaveDuration=255,WaveDifficulty=0.453091)

I just put up the first couple lines. Are the numbers 1011, 17244159, 53870399, etc the part where the zeds are configured? If not where and if so how is this accomplished? I have installed various other zeds to the server and I don't want huge numbers of really tough zeds spawning before the players get a chance to get to the trader. I may be totally off track so any help is appreciated. Somewhere I read and I don't remember where here in the forums, someone spoke of certian monster squads being used in the opening waves? Anyone know anything about that.

WaveMask is a bit mask, which decides which standard squads to spawn in that wave. First you need to convert number into the binary format, i.e. 666828729 = 100111101111101111111110111001b. Bit mask must be read from right (lowest bit) to left (highest bit).
For example, if the lowest bit (first digit from the right) is 1, then StandardMonsterSquads[0] (4 Clots) will be spawned in that wave.

Code:
   [COLOR="Cyan"]0[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]0[/COLOR][COLOR="Lime"]1[/COLOR]
     [COLOR="lime"]StandardMonsterSquads[0][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Yellow"]StandardMonsterSquads[1][/COLOR]
   [COLOR="Cyan"]StandardMonsterSquads[2][/COLOR]

Upvote 0
WaveMask is a bit mask, which decides which standard squads to spawn in that wave. First you need to convert number into the binary format, i.e. 666828729 = 100111101111101111111110111001b. Bit mask must be read from right (lowest bit) to left (highest bit).
For example, if the lowest bit (first digit from the right) is 1, then StandardMonsterSquads[0] (4 Clots) will be spawned in that wave.

Code:
   [COLOR=cyan]0[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]0[/COLOR][COLOR=lime]1[/COLOR]
     [COLOR=lime]StandardMonsterSquads[0][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=yellow]StandardMonsterSquads[1][/COLOR]
   [COLOR=cyan]StandardMonsterSquads[2][/COLOR]

Thank you for the reply and for a very unexpected answer, I really learned something there I never considered the binary thing. Tripwire did you have to make this any harder, lol. Is there any quick sort of down and dirty way to do this? I don't mind the zeds squads ramping up as this is a modded server, it just is a little much in the early rounds.

So I converted 17244159 and it gave me 110100100111111111111, do the digits accumulate? i.e., 1=, 11=, 111=, and so forth?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
can someone please fix this mutator so that the cyberdemon comes out?

i have large maps on my server so thats no issue, but half the darn bosses in this mutator dont show? and im using reg game type and not sandbox......

this mutator need to be updated to work right as well as with current version game.

Thanks marco for a great mod..........................but its outdated and needs a rework so that ALL bosses work and i DONT have to add lines to doom3 ini.................please?

Upvote 0