• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Doom III

VeNoM™ | Sgt. Andrews;724722 said:
Though I have one problem, I cannot access my Perks what so ever.

It's a black listed perk. You cannot use perks with it.

You should eather look into server side perks or the perk replacer.

On Topic: I figured out how to not break the waves with this mut.

On larger maps, simply avoid roaming! If you hunker down in one area, it WILL not break. The only times it did break was when everyone was dead and the last guy ran all over the damn map.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's a black listed perk. You cannot use perks with it.

You should eather look into server side perks or the perk replacer.

On Topic: I figured out how to not break the waves with this mut.

Ah, cheers mate. I read that it was in the greylisted, went to research and also read that I could use perks but not level them up. All is good now, thanks alot. :)

Upvote 0
Dunno where you mighta read that but i'm pretty sure it's not gray listed or white listed. The only game mode-esque muts that are graylisted is the vehicles one where you need to repair and buy fuel.

Cheers.

Yes it is, the Doom 3 mutator is greylisted.

Heres the proof:

Link to original post: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21564838

Cheers

Last edited:
Upvote 0
we got it running. It works great! Only the monsters get stuck sometimes, but that adds an extra gameplay element...THE HUNT!!! lol

The never ending hunt.

If you roam all around they don't even spawn. We've had 2 people spectating around the map trying to find stuff on kf-farm-day. THey cannot even be heard.

Frankly, when a round starts people should be held up in one area so they don't get raped by the Maledtict within 10 seconds (we have a boss every wave) and most of the enemies can be killed before they charge you. Exept the Invulneability Hunter, he's annoying as ****. And the Berzerker Hunter but the M99 is so pro against him.

LVL 6 Shotgun damage is enough to stagger the Cyberdemon and even after you're out of ammo, his stagger lasts longer then it does for you to reload and shoot again, leaving him permamently stunned.

Think I might post a thread about these mobs. Me and my buddies use them every day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apparently either all or one of the monsters are incompatible with the KFL server's marksman perk, thus meaning they cannot be added in to the server :(

I was really looking forward to sh*tting my pants too :eek:

EDIT: what the **** happened? Instead of trying to help, or see what's wrong, they downvote me with no reason or explanation.

I'm disappointed with you people, i expected better from this section.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The mutator keeps spamming my server log file:

Doom3Mutator KF-BioticsLab.Doom3Mutator (Function Doom3KFBeta3.Doom3Mutator.GetServerDetails:0096) Accessed array 'ServerInfo' out of bounds (11/11)
Doom3Mutator KF-BioticsLab.Doom3Mutator (Function Doom3KFBeta3.Doom3Mutator.GetServerDetails:0096) Attempt to assign variable through None 'Key'
Doom3Mutator KF-BioticsLab.Doom3Mutator (Function Doom3KFBeta3.Doom3Mutator.GetServerDetails:0096) Attempt to assign variable through None
Doom3Mutator KF-BioticsLab.Doom3Mutator (Function Doom3KFBeta3.Doom3Mutator.GetServerDetails:00BB) Accessed array 'ServerInfo' out of bounds (11/11)
Doom3Mutator KF-BioticsLab.Doom3Mutator (Function Doom3KFBeta3.Doom3Mutator.GetServerDetails:00BB) Attempt to assign variable through None 'Value'
Doom3Mutator KF-BioticsLab.Doom3Mutator (Function Doom3KFBeta3.Doom3Mutator.GetServerDetails:00BB) Attempt to assign variable through None

Upvote 0
Not sure what's up with it, i've just been told that the monsters' headshots don't count for the marksman perk and thus won't be included.

I'm not sure abuot marsksman damage not applying but I do know that the head hit boxes are often ****ed up on trqsh.

That said, the monsters function differently which is kinda nice. It makes SS not as good against trash (Boney's and Fat Zombies are easy to HS but you can't HS a spider I don't think), but SS excells against anything you can critical.

Things like, the Guardian's Back, the Berzerker Hunter's Core, the entire body of a Lost Soul, etc are easy for a SS to take out and i'm pretty sure the bonus applies.

That said, SS is just gimped as **** because I don't think HS'd count for anything against Mancubi and Berserkers.

In short, SS damage probably appleis to any critical damage but not all moonsters can be criticalled (atleast easily)

Upvote 0