• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Doom III

Is there an way to spawn only Doom monsters?
You can come close to that by setting spawntime very low for them, Doom3KF.ini:
MinSpawnDelay=1
MaxSpawnDelay=4
We (http://www.wolfpackclan.com[url]www.wolfpackclan.com[/URL]) setup a supermodded server with this thing running including the brute and serveral maps the community made. Its brilliant! like yer playing a new game!!!
Ah, I'll be sure to check that out.
Sorry for double posting but I have a question for you Marco. Would you mind iff I create hres/better versions of the Doom 3 skins/textures? If yes, could you you send me the dds files. Ill also create specular maps for you, and make them all 1024x1024. I would love to see them in the same resolution as the other specimens.
Hmm.. I don't have them in DDS (unless you export them in editor), they are in Targa (TGA) in Doom 3 if that's what you want.
how add some of monsters from this mut in sandbox?
Well as I posted earlier, here are the classnames you can add:
Doom3KFBeta3.Archvile
Doom3KFBeta3.Boney
Doom3KFBeta3.Bruiser
Doom3KFBeta3.Cacodemon
Doom3KFBeta3.Cherub
Doom3KFBeta3.CyberDemon
Doom3KFBeta3.FatZombie
Doom3KFBeta3.Forgotten
Doom3KFBeta3.Guardian
Doom3KFBeta3.HellKnight
Doom3KFBeta3.HunterBerserk
Doom3KFBeta3.HunterHellTime
Doom3KFBeta3.HunterInvul
Doom3KFBeta3.Imp
Doom3KFBeta3.LostSoul
Doom3KFBeta3.Maggot
Doom3KFBeta3.Maledict
Doom3KFBeta3.Mancubus
Doom3KFBeta3.Pinky
Doom3KFBeta3.Revenant
Doom3KFBeta3.Sabaoth
Doom3KFBeta3.Sawyer
Doom3KFBeta3.Tick
Doom3KFBeta3.Trite
Doom3KFBeta3.Vagary
Doom3KFBeta3.Wraith
Doom3KFBeta3.Vulgar

Reactions: _Duke_
Upvote 0
Ill export them in the editor indeed. Forgot about that (im more a photoshop / 3ds max kinda guy....Benjamin usually does all the SDK stuff hehe)

Would you be willing to add the Hres skins to your package/mutator if you like them? They will have your stamp of approval offcourse. :)

Ill give you an example first, then you can deceide

Upvote 0
I haven't had this much fun in KF for a long time.

"Whoa what the... Guys! Guys! There's a thing, and it's shooting things at me! Where are you guys? IT'S BIG! HEEEELLLPPP!"

Words can't describe the amount of win you have unleashed good sir. I salute you!

1265875625952.jpg

Upvote 0
Ill export them in the editor indeed. Forgot about that (im more a photoshop / 3ds max kinda guy....Benjamin usually does all the SDK stuff hehe)

Would you be willing to add the Hres skins to your package/mutator if you like them? They will have your stamp of approval offcourse. :)

Ill give you an example first, then you can deceide
Yeah I'd like that.
I will also look into adding ragdolls support for the monsters (this I must do with KAT) which will only work for clients who installed the mod (rest will see those stiff death animations).

Reactions: Gooblaster
Upvote 0
Okay, i been testing the mutator on my 20 man server and it seems that the large bosses cant get into small areas of the map.

When they teleport they teleport away most of the time, so they sort of pose no threat to the players..

Any way to disable the large bosses, or maybe you can find a way to overcome this problem?

[EDIT] Lol Hell Knight isn't a boss :D

And those Hi-Res textures are very nice!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Marco, on the #3 Netsky server we have been running your Doom 3 mut since the patch. It's great, most of us love it, including Bashy and myself. A few issues:

-------------------------------------

Using your perk system:

Sharpshooters do not get headshot kill counts from the Doom3 enemies with head hitboxes. I tested by 1-shotting with X-bow, got the headshot sound and they go flying in an amusing way :p (but no exp)

In general:

Berserkers and Sharpshooters have a hard time, but not just because of the exp issues. Lack of head hit-boxes (or maybe malfunctioning ones?) makes it hard for SharpShooter to kill at all. All the ranged enemies make it even harder for Berserker.

>> Add more head hit-boxes if you can.

>> Find some way to help Berserker
--- maybe classify some damage as 'Bloat bile' even if it's not? So that they get a damage resist to it. I know medic also has resist, but Berserker is the reason I think of this idea.

>> The dragon boss (Maledict?) seems much too strong

Edit:

Minor issue / bugs

>> Most Doom monsters do not get charred by flame kills
--- One does, sometimes, but its polygons become flattened and practically 2-dimensional. A spider-type, not Trite but the other one I think.
--- Sawyer's chainsaw that he drops when killed does become charred, it should not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0