• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Doom III

shot00122y.png

plase can say me what is the name of this turret and the link to dowload?

Upvote 0
KF Doom III death animations

KF Doom III death animations

First, thank you very much for adding variety to KF, it must have been a lot of work to get this mod to its current state.

I installed Doom3KF.rar to my Killing Floor folder (C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor)
and it is shown in the mutator list as "v0.4beta".
It is the Full Release containing .\KarmaData\Doom3Karma.ka (1,481 KB).

I run a listen server with this mod. When I kill the Doom 3 monsters in the game, they just disappear suddenly. I expected them to drop down stiffly, as described earlier in the thread.

I am aware they are imported models from a UT2004 mod and having ragdoll anims would require recreating all the models and skeletons. That's OK, but having them just disappear abruptly seems ... well, different from what is described in the thread.

BTW, if Ragdolls are impossible, what about applying a melting effect where all the polygons glow briefly and then disappear? Would that be possible?

Upvote 0
I run a listen server with this mod. When I kill the Doom 3 monsters in the game, they just disappear suddenly. I expected them to drop down stiffly, as described earlier in the thread.

It does drop down "stiffly" as described in the thread. If you haven't notice KF was not meant to be played on a Listen Server. You'll need a Dedicated Server for everything to run right and then the "ragdoll melting away effect" will appear.

Upvote 0
Server crash from this just now, some help?

Critical: FArray::Realloc
Critical: 11*2
Critical: AActor::processState
Critical: Object Doom3Controller KF-[LT]PoliceStation-V5.Doom3Controller, Old State State Doom3KFBeta4.Doom3Controller.StakeOut, New State State KFMod.KFMonsterController.WaitForAnim
Critical: AController::Tick
Critical: TickAllActors
Critical: ULevel::Tick
Critical: (NetMode=1)
Critical: TickLevel
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: Level Police Station
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: UServerCommandlet::Main
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Exiting.
Log: FileManager: Reading 9 GByte 8378 MByte 8389446 KByte 701 Bytes from HD took 6.665741 seconds (6.346741 reading, 0.318999 seeking).
Log: FileManager: 0.772994 seconds spent with misc. duties
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 06/12/12 20:35:07

Upvote 0
It does drop down "stiffly" as described in the thread. If you haven't notice KF was not meant to be played on a Listen Server. You'll need a Dedicated Server for everything to run right and then the "ragdoll melting away effect" will appear.

Thanks, I had another go at forwarding my ports, setting up my server (OzzieMute) as dedicated, and it seems to work now, with the monsters death animations intact. Not sure wether my server is actually connectable from the outside, but that's a topic for another thread. ;)

The Doom3 mute also seems to make the game a lot harder -- I think some fine-tuning with the Doom3KF.ini file is in order.
Thanks for including so many options to do so! By making the D3 bosses randomly replace the Patriarch, I can make the server interesting and fun to play on. :)

I was also happy to find that it is compatible with Server side perks. :D

Upvote 0
Anyone interested in playing this mute? Join 'OzzieMutator'!

Anyone interested in playing this mute? Join 'OzzieMutator'!

I would like to have a good Doom3KF server (name: OzzieMutator) with the right degree of difficulty, so I'm adding mutes gradually and testing.

I have two problems:

A) No-one's joining my server. I can see it on the Internet server list, correct external IP address, but my friend tried finding it and it didn't show on his list. So either his filters are too restrictive, or there is something wrong with my setup.

B) My upload speed is only 900 kbps. The one time my friend joined, downloading content was *really* slow. I need a way to redirect content downloads to a faster source.

Should I run the server 24/7 for like, a week? Maybe if people notice that it sticks around, they will be more tempted to give it a go?

I know that a server with Doom3KF mute will be blacklist, but does it make it automatically non-VAC? Maybe that's the reason no-one wants to touch it?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Other than that, I have enjoyed tweaking the server:

I have edited my Doom3KF.ini so that Wave 8-10 have bosses:

BossWaveReduction=0.400000
BossWaveRate=1.000000
BossStartWaves=0.800000

LargeBosses=Bruiser
LargeBosses=HellKnight
LargeBosses=Mancubus
NormalBosses=Commando
NormalBosses=Revenant
NormalBosses=Archvile

I reserve the endgame bosses like Cyberdemon and Maledict for Patriarch replacements:

PatReplacement=Sabaoth
PatReplacement=Vagary
PatReplacement=Maledict
PatReplacement=HunterInvul
LargePatReplacement=Cyberdemon
LargePatReplacement=Guardian
LargePatReplacement=HunterBerserk
LargePatReplacement=HunterHellTime

This reduces difficulty and gets rid of the Patriarch. I have been playing the game for only 2 months and I'm already sick of him. He has a cool character design, but having randomly selected bosses increases player motivation -- they want to survive to see who they will face on the current map! :)

To further increase motivation for return players, I added server side perks.
Also I got the sentry to work as a Special category of weapon:

In Doom3KF.ini: bAddSentryToTrader=False

In ServerPerks.ini: WeaponCategories=Special (below WeaponCategories=Flame Thrower, makes it category #7?)
TraderInventory=7:Doom3KFBeta4.SentryGunPickup

Nearly beat Sarge on my solo run on Beginner, I lasted until Wave 5/10 on Normal. It's fun, though the difference between Beginner and Normal is quite large. I'm not sure adding more weapons would make it better.

Haven't even considered custom maps yet, want to get this content hosting situation improved first.

Upvote 0
For your redirect issue:

Spoiler!

I use Dropbox for my server redirect. You can also rent one or use a public community redirect such as this one: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=78600

Also make sure you have a / after your redirect url! It will not work otherwise.

Example:
RedirectToURL=http://www.yourhost.com/maps/

As for populating your server, it will probably not get a lot of traffic unless you get more people on it to make it stand out. I suggest getting a group of friends together and just playing it until more players join in. If you don't have some "Regulars" then your server will probably just sit there empty most of the time unless you jump start it with some friends. Maybe make a steam group or something that can help send out invites for people that join it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also make sure you have a / after your redirect url! It will not work otherwise.

Example:
RedirectToURL=http://www.yourhost.com/maps/

Thanks slavek, I didn't know about that final forward slash.

I had occasion to ask a Steam friend to test it for me, and he said the download was still slow. I think I set up the DropBox folder wrong, I created a new folder called OzzieMutate. I think I may have to move the files to the Public folder instead.

As for populating your server, it will probably not get a lot of traffic unless you get more people on it to make it stand out. I suggest getting a group of friends together and just playing it until more players join in. If you don't have some "Regulars" then your server will probably just sit there empty most of the time unless you jump start it with some friends. Maybe make a steam group or something that can help send out invites for people that join it.

Before I can expect people to join, I gotta make it work first. When my friend couldn't download quickly, we just tried a couple of empty servers, and soon after we started playing, others joined until we had 6 players and I got my first Patriarch kill with a grenade launcher. :D

I think it's enough to have one KF buddy to start, others will join. :)

This is OT for the Doom3KF, I will take the RedirectToURL/DropBox issue to a new thread. :rolleyes:

UPDATE: I changed my RedirectToURL according to this guide.

Upvote 0
Increasing Doom 3 monster spawns

Increasing Doom 3 monster spawns

Yes, I have been wondering about that too.

In killingfloor\System\Doom3KF.ini, Boss waves are defined by probabilities 0.0 and 1.0

BossWaveReduction=0.400000
BossWaveRate=1.000000
BossStartWaves=0.800000

If in System\KillingFloor.ini,

InitialWave=0
FinalWave=10

Then Waves 8-10 will be Boss Waves with Bosses defined in Doom3KF.ini, for example:

LargeBosses=Bruiser
LargeBosses=HellKnight
LargeBosses=Mancubus
NormalBosses=Commando
NormalBosses=Revenant
NormalBosses=Archvile

However, for regular enemies defined like MonsterClasses=Imp, the following applies:

MinSpawnDelay=5.000000
MaxSpawnDelay=25.000000

I find those two variables hard to interpret, and I still don't understand wether the Doom monsters replace Zeds, or add to Zeds.

You can try setting the numbers lower, and re-defining all the Doom3 episode bosses as Patriarch replacements. Check the attachment.

Doom3KF is very good already, but if I could have one change made in a future update, it would be a new variable:

D3SpawnRate=0.5

meaning, for every time a Zed spawn were called, there would be a 50% chance that it would be substituted with a Doom monster.

There is a further way Zed spawning can be controlled, in KillingFloor.ini, section [KFmod.KFGameType]

Waves[0]=(WaveMask=196611,WaveMaxMonsters=20,WaveDuration=255,WaveDifficulty=0.000000)
Waves[15]=(WaveMask=125892608,WaveMaxMonsters=15,WaveDuration=255,WaveDifficulty=2.000000)
... further down:
MonsterClasses=(MClassName="KFChar.ZombieClot",Mid="A")
MonsterClasses=(MClassName="KFChar.ZombieCrawler",Mid="B")
MonsterClasses=(MClassName="KFChar.ZombieGoreFast",Mid="C")
MonsterClasses=(MClassName="KFChar.ZombieStalker",Mid="D")
MonsterClasses=(MClassName="KFChar.ZombieScrake",Mid="E")
MonsterClasses=(MClassName="KFChar.ZombieFleshpound",Mid="F")
MonsterClasses=(MClassName="KFChar.ZombieBloat",Mid="G")
MonsterClasses=(MClassName="KFChar.ZombieSiren",Mid="H")
MonsterClasses=(MClassName="KFChar.ZombieHusk",Mid="I")
MonsterSquad=4A
MonsterSquad=3A1B2D1G1H
MonsterSquad=2B3D1G2H

This would indicate that the makeup of squads can chosen, so the difficulty of your server can be adjusted to the Nth degree. (I always thought the difference between Beginner and Normal was too great.)

What I would like to know is this:
Is it valid to refer to custom monsters from a mute in that section of KillingFloor.ini?
Like:

MonsterClasses=(MClassName="KFChar.Boney",Mid="A")
MonsterClasses=(MClassName="KFChar.FatZombie",Mid="B")
MonsterClasses=(MClassName="KFChar.Imp",Mid="C")

Doom3KF has 27 monsters, you'd run out of letters! You could use 8 of them as PatReplacements, leaving 19 Doom3 monsters plus 9 Zeds. Even if calling custom monsters in KillingFloor.ini were possible, I think a D3SpawnRate variable would be much simpler.

Attachments

• Doom3KF.ini.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Lowering the numbers and taking some of the harder monsters like Hellknight and Archvile out of the regular monster category is good enough. Currently my server is:

MinSpawnDelay=0.500000
MaxSpawnDelay=5.000000

If the SpawnDelay is very low, you'd get a considerable number of D3 monsters as well as the regular masses of Zeds, so one could edit killingfloor.ini to reduce the number of Zeds to make an intermediate difficulty server.

The purpose of Doom3KF is to add monster variety, not to replace Zeds completely, and it does that very well!

I'm off to experiment with custom maps next. I've tried BlockParty and it works good, a good map for beginners. It came with a KFChainGunTurret.u, I guess it suggested to have it in the trader menu.

I tried another map that I found very intriguing, called KF-DeathPit-Remix_Final.rom, but it doesn't show up in the list. I think DeathPit would suit the Doom3 monsters well, but there are probably other hell-themed maps.

Upvote 0
IIRC, Marco said it adds monsters not replace. I guess if you wanted to fully replace you would have to make a mutator or use sandbox mode.

It seems it also depends on the map! I just tested a solo run with kf-spaceport3.rom, delay values 0.5 - 5, and I was faced mostly with Doom monsters. KF-Troopers-Defense, on the other hand, was all Zeds, with Doom monsters only used for bosses. The PatReplacer timed out. Maybe that was just a once-off glitch, I guess if it happened in multiplayer, people will just downvote the map and I will end up removing it.

If I may ask yet another question, the LargeMaps=<mapname> statements, you'd use them for maps with high ceilings and large doorways, correct?

Mine goes like this:

LargeMaps=KF-WestLondon
LargeMaps=KF-Manor
LargeMaps=KF-MountainPass
LargeMaps=KF-BlockParty
LargeMaps=KF-DeathPit-Revamp
LargeMaps=KF-Troopers-Defense
LargeBosses=Bruiser
LargeBosses=HellKnight
LargeBosses=Mancubus

Something like KF-SpacePort3.rom, which is average size, but has low doorways and spawning inside small rooms, would be considered "SmallMaps" by the Doom3KF logic, yes?

Upvote 0
Server's crashing still and points to the Doom3Controller. Some help?

Critical: AActor::processState
Critical: Object Doom3Controller KF-Junk.Doom3Controller, Old State State Doom3KFBeta4.Doom3Controller.StakeOut, New State State KFMod.KFMonsterController.WaitForAnim
Critical: AController::Tick
Critical: TickAllActors
Critical: ULevel::Tick
Critical: (NetMode=1)
Critical: TickLevel
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: Level Junk
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: UServerCommandlet::Main
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Exiting.
Log: FileManager: Reading 29 GByte 29307 MByte 29360432 KByte 762 Bytes from HD took 37.680489 seconds (36.018467 reading, 1.662022 seeking).
Log: FileManager: 5.104823 seconds spent with misc. duties
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 06/19/12 06:56:48

Upvote 0
Server's crashing still and points to the Doom3Controller. Some help?

Please make copies of killingfloor.ini and doom3kf.ini and attach ".txt" extension, then include in your message as attachments.

I have included mine, the only thing that made my server crash so far is map change to KF-DeathPit-Remake-Final.rom.

Also, I run two copies of killingfloor.exe -- one in dedicated server mode, the other in client mode, to play on the server. They are both on the same machine, logged into the same steam account.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, I know just enough to run a server with some mods and RedirectURL.

Attachments

• KillingFloor.ini.txt
    28.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Doom3KF.ini.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0