• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Doom III

I always somehow end up with either 2 to 6 enemies left on the counter, but none to be seen anywhere. I turn up my volume in case they might be stuck somewhere, but to no avail. They just don't plain spawn. Is there any way to fix this and is some optimal equilibrium settings to put the maximum / minimum spawn time for Doom 3 monsters so there's a decent enough amount of Doom 3 monsters without the end of the round getting borked?
Actually it's not possible for waves to be borked without monsters so I'm pretty sure there were one or two monsters out there stuck somewhere.
However I have added a code for next version where monsters will teleport to a random location if they are stuck also they may start walking faster if theres 3-5 left that are really slow.

Upvote 0
Actually it's not possible for waves to be borked without monsters so I'm pretty sure there were one or two monsters out there stuck somewhere.
However I have added a code for next version where monsters will teleport to a random location if they are stuck also they may start walking faster if theres 3-5 left that are really slow.

Thats really odd, because it happens to me every single time I try setting it lower. :/ On any map I try to play. Death Basin Sands, Farm, Shopping Mall, etc. Places that might be wide open wide next to no places to get stuck or places where its boxed in and has to force them. And it still constantly happens. I mean I put my volume up to listen if they have been stuck, going around the entire map. I've found nothing. Maybe my computer just sucks.

Upvote 0
Great stuff Marco, I always loved the Doom 3 characters.

Just one little comment if you dont mind :

Isnt it possible to give them a ragdoll like the rest of the specimens? The way they die is a bit stiff now, like a long piece of wood falling over and burning up. From what I know is that every newly added specimen gets the ingame-ragdoll mode automatically...or doesnt that work with the doom models... It would be a nice addition and make them fit more in the KF universe. :)

Just a thought offcourse..

Reactions: Demon_333
Upvote 0
Well you can only use default KF ragdoll data with skeletal meshes that use KF rigs. These are Doom 3 rigs and would require me to make KarmaData file for each of these models, and even so just like with Musics, they can't be transferred in multiplayer from server to clients.

hmm...I could rename the bones for you if you want (in 3ds max) and bake new PSK's . Or arent these PSK's your importing? (MD5 format right?)

You also hook up a PSA file right? hmmm...those would prob also need to be redone right? Dunno for sure.

Reactions: slavek and Olivier
Upvote 0
hmm...I could rename the bones for you if you want (in 3ds max) and bake new PSK's . Or arent these PSK's your importing? (MD5 format right?)

You also hook up a PSA file right? hmmm...those would prob also need to be redone right? Dunno for sure.
It's not only about renaming bones, their rotation also matters. Also Doom 3 rigs have different bone structures (missing/additional bones) so there's no way of doing that without redoing all animations.

Upvote 0
It's not only about renaming bones, their rotation also matters. Also Doom 3 rigs have different bone structures (missing/additional bones) so there's no way of doing that without redoing all animations.

hmm yeah thought so. The PSA's probably have references to DOOM III bones, and by renaming them the animation would be rendered useless.(If I understand your explanation right) :)

Upvote 0
here are my 50 cent:

the death anims are indeed a little stiff. if u consider changing that what about a bloatlike expolsion as deathanimation. for my taste its a cool feedback and rewarding to look at. some emitters, maybe fitting the monster. some bones and brains, a litte green slime and some blood. the lost souls already explode in a flame. maybe its possible to copy-paste the bloatexplosion or gibbing somehow.

and a question:

are the doom monsters scaling with playercount and difficulty? i guess in numbers yes but what about health.

keep up the fantastic work.

Sgt

Upvote 0
here are my 50 cent:

the death anims are indeed a little stiff. if u consider changing that what about a bloatlike expolsion as deathanimation. for my taste its a cool feedback and rewarding to look at. some emitters, maybe fitting the monster. some bones and brains, a litte green slime and some blood. the lost souls already explode in a flame. maybe its possible to copy-paste the bloatexplosion or gibbing somehow.

and a question:

are the doom monsters scaling with playercount and difficulty? i guess in numbers yes but what about health.

keep up the fantastic work.

Sgt

thats.... allot of work lol. You might aswell start a total conversion modification then. Bloats explode that way because they have a certain bone in the models that refers to that animation within the engine. So again...youll have to rename all the bones. Which isnt an option cous then all the animations wouldnt work anymore.

I dont think is an easy task editing the death-scenes...

Upvote 0
thats.... allot of work lol. You might aswell start a total conversion modification then. Bloats explode that way because they have a certain bone in the models that refers to that animation within the engine. So again...youll have to rename all the bones. Which isnt an option cous then all the animations wouldnt work anymore.

I dont think is an easy task editing the death-scenes...
sigh...:(

anyway, its cool the way it is now:D

Upvote 0
Sorry for double posting but I have a question for you Marco. Would you mind iff I create hres/better versions of the Doom 3 skins/textures? If yes, could you you send me the dds files. Ill also create specular maps for you, and make them all 1024x1024. I would love to see them in the same resolution as the other specimens.

Ill create them like the original skins/textures...staying close to the source material offcourse.

Upvote 0
I second Vasker's question. Is there any way to increase the number of Doom zeds, or get rid of the standard ones? I want to be surrounded by creepy doom monsters at some times, not just 5 or 6 out of a 40 zed wave... Still loving them tho. and i actually like the firey orange death sequence :p

Now that we have so many new zeds, from the WTF collection, the brute, possibly the maul, possibly a clown on a unicycle, and these, i'd love to see a mutator like braideads custom trader, where we could import all of them and set up custom waves... That'd make for some serious fun :p

Upvote 0