• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Doom I / II

But this error only comes with THIS mod active.
But ok, that seems to be the error.
And no! the server itself does not ship with this file.

thx
Reason being: Servers does not need default KF Menu GUI stuff (for obvious reasons), but this mod does come with some own menu stuff, which makes stock KF Menu GUI stuff required to run the mod (and there's no way around that).

Upvote 0
Would be cool, if you would add that to the "How to Install" ;)
Also I can not get it to run, that I can be a monster, or do I have to have at least X players online ?

Also I found a bug on level 1
The monsters often trigger the switch for the elevator in the first "closed" room, so I can not hit the switch for the secret. On Doom2 you could trigger it even when the eleveators went down already.

Also if you use the chainsaw you see that the monsters are "smaller" and you put your view down to them, also the "hitbox" is to low. I mostly need to shoot at their feet to really hit them. Would be great if you would stretch the mobs for about 5-10% and make the hitbox a bit larger.

It's really damn fun. Can't say that often enough ^^
Keep on redoing all levels please!

Upvote 0
ye it got doom3 monsters just youtube kf doom3. if u cant join the server:)
Ah Ive been subbed to you for awhile but didnt catch the vid. Wow man nice job, they look great, Im going to keep trying that server too lol. Ive been playing alot of Doom 3 lately and this is just epic. Too bad Kf wasn't made with Unreal Engine 3.

What i'd like to see for standard KF is more actual doom levels - the only one so far is too small and simplistic.

For Doom 3, Edge 2 or Frag Chamber would be awesome. Small parts of the SP maps would be really good but would take alot of time I think.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
oh yeah i'd love to see some doom3 maps - although i dont really remember them individually but they'd be a lot of work.
for the same amount of work id rather see some new london based RL maps tbh.
reason i talk of early doom is because of the relative ease, particularly considering a lot of the textures are already there in the doom2 map we have.

Upvote 0
It looks like you're on the right track slavek.

doom3.jpg

There are so many characters coming out of every nook and cranny. A wonderful mod indeed.

Upvote 0
Not to necro-bump an old thread, but, I need some help getting the doom mod to work on my server. In the mutators I've selected both the doom monsters and weapons, however after restarting the map the mutators un-select themselves. Am I doing something wrong? I'm almost 100% sure I copied every file to the correct location. I can get it to work on solo.

I've also tried to get those maps to work on multiplayer but begindoom will not show up on my maps list. I've made sure that the kf-gametype is set to KFdoom story. Any help and tips is appreciated, thanks!

Upvote 0
I am not sure why, but when I run my server and play the game with this mutator I always crash, but that is not the case for everyone else who is connected.

Here is my Critical Error message:

Spoiler!

One strange thing that stands out to me immediately is that it says that I have 4095MB RAM, but I have 8GB. I am running 2 servers on my system while playing the game which keeps me close to 4GB of memory usage.

Upvote 0
One strange thing that stands out to me immediately is that it says that I have 4095MB RAM, but I have 8GB. I am running 2 servers on my system while playing the game which keeps me close to 4GB of memory usage.

I'm not 100% sure but the game can only utilize 4gb of RAM, i have 16gb and all my crashes only show 4095.

Switch to compatibility for an OS that doesnt support it and it goes less, 2gb if i recall correctly.

If your alt+tabbing to check between your server/game alot, try not to, each time your VRAM usage can go up alot, you may soon max out your cards capacity and it causes many different types of crashes.

Upvote 0