KF-DismalScenery

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Woodchuck

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 29, 2010
Germany
Before I can release the first beta there are a lot of things to do:
The whole map lightning needs a facelift, I have to add a trader, blocking volumes, more player starts, path nodes, zombie volumes... .
Since I don't have much time, I'll try to release the map first at the end of that week.

Last edited:

Woodchuck

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 29, 2010
Germany
Love what you did, hope to play your map once its done.

I think my assessment was ok and I can release the first playable Verion of the map till the end of that week.
Right now I'm facing a moderate problem :):
Look #18 first screenshot. The players will spawn on the elevator and may not be able to walk backward (up the elevator). I don't want to simply add a blocking volumne and a static mesh looks to illogical since the players went that way one moment ago.
I think i'll add some kind of mover that will block the way some seconds after the players spawned.

Yeah so far for the current state ;)

Woodchuck

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 29, 2010
Germany
OK, I'm pretty sure I can release the first beta today evening (just one week later than planned :rolleyes:). I'm afraid that no one will play that game when I release the final :D.

Woodchuck

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 29, 2010
Germany
I love SH, so Ill play it. As long as its greylisted, then Im all game for beta testing.

Oh a heavy burden falls from my shoulders :).

I think I know how to increase my productivity... I have to work fast :cool:.
Ok I'm going to work. Befor the release I have to fix some smaller pathing and spawing bugs and I have to renew the lightning.

Last edited:

Left 4 Dinner

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 11, 2012
Lol, take your time. If your not able to get it out this afternoon, then just release it however soon you can. Im actually going to be away this saturday, so I want be able to give it a run-through until sunday, or maybe this afternoon.

Woodchuck

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 29, 2010
Germany
It's saturday and I release my map.
The map is in a very early stage and if there was a pre-alpha section, I think that would be the better place.
There are nearly no static meshes of other details.

Here is a lis of bugs I know so far:
- the pathing is a little buggy so that the zombies "get lost" sometimes (hm this is often a problem in my maps :confused:)
- granades fall through the bridge
- some brushes have a strange glimmer (especially the wires of the lights)
If you find any other bugs please inform me.

Last edited:

Woodchuck

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 29, 2010
Germany
Hi,

I've got a problem and I hope somone can help me.
I want to add a light red (or maybe grey) distance fog to that red corridor (last screenshot). The fog shall only be there, the rest of the map shall stay clear.
I tryed it with a physic volume - without success.

Any idea?

Last edited:

FluX

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
www.fluxiserver.co.uk
Block that room on the doorways with portals. Then add your fog to the room so it wont "leak" out of that one room. Sort the fog colour from there.

Woodchuck

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 29, 2010
Germany
Block that room on the doorways with portals. Then add your fog to the room so it wont "leak" out of that one room. Sort the fog colour from there.

Ah ok.
With "add your fog" you mean physic volumes :confused:
(I never worked with fog before because I usually prefere a clean look)

FluX

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
www.fluxiserver.co.uk
Ah ok.
With "add your fog" you mean physic volumes :confused:
(I never worked with fog before because I usually prefere a clean look)
Actor > Info > ZoneInfo. Place one of those in that specific area after sorting the portal sheets out on every whole for that room (so fog don't get out). Edit the ZoneInfo:

Reactions: Woodchuck

Woodchuck

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 29, 2010
Germany
It would be great if someone could give me a little feedback or a bug report (if you found any bugs :)).
It's so much easier to work on when you know that you made everything right so far :D

YoYoBatty

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 17, 2009
Canada
I'm not sure if this has been posted, but if you right click on a surface and go to it's properties, you should find a tab and eventually a selection menu for the lightmap or shadowmap quality, by default it's set to 32, but if you set it to a low number such as 1-8 you will get some very good crisp shadows.

Woodchuck

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 29, 2010
Germany
I'm not sure if this has been posted, but if you right click on a surface and go to it's properties, you should find a tab and eventually a selection menu for the lightmap or shadowmap quality, by default it's set to 32, but if you set it to a low number such as 1-8 you will get some very good crisp shadows.

Damn your right :cool:
The shadows look so much better now - some kind of... darker.

Hm Flux is already the hero of the day but you can never have enough heroes :D

Woodchuck

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 29, 2010
Germany
The next release lies ahead :).

I added (and deleted) a couple of meshes to fill the scenery a little.
I also fixed a bug (and some minor annoyances) with / at / on (what's the right word :confused:) the trader doors.

I will upload the new file and some screenshot this evening (

YoYoBatty

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 17, 2009
Canada
I also fixed a bug (and some minor annoyances) with / at / on (what's the right word :confused:) the trader doors.

I believe if it would be "I also fixed a big with the trader doors". With be used when something is associated with another object, in this case it is, so it makes sense. :)