• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-DismalScenery

Woodchuck

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
Germany
Next one :D:

I was rummaged through some websites for an inspiration for my next level (I had an idea before but it doesn't fit to Killing Floor).
I got stuck in a Silent Hill wiki (hm that's often my source of inspiration - along with the voice of Aaron Lewis :D) when I found that picture:

763px-The_Escalator.jpg

That pictures shows one of the very first areas in SH4. It's the entrance of Walter Sullivan's first otherworld.

So now for my map:
I'm planing to create a clean dismal world full of cement and metal.
There will be a lot of pipes and valves shined by white lights.

EDIT:

By the way, of cause the map name is terrible again :).

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Changes:

I just added some meshes to fill the scenery a little.
I also fixed a bug with the trader doors.

Here are the screenshots:

screen4h.png

screen3wo.png

screen2bf.png

screen1bap.png

screen3ja.png

screen2gxk.png

There are some other screenshots of the map in this thread but that are old ones.
From now on the latest screenshots are in the first post.

And the file (5,62 MB):

http://www.sendspace.com/file/f3po18

Let me know if you find some bugs / exploits / mistakes / failures / pink unicorns / errors.
I go on with my work in the meantime.

Last edited:
I would love to see how this would be made but I am not someone who has watched or played Silent Hill as it's not my type. That picture looks amazing and I would love to see that as a secret underground facility with that as the spawn point.

Wow, what is with me and with my ideas! I am all over the place recently :eek:

That is exactly what I was planning ;)

- INFO -

The message from FluX was releated to the screenshot of SH4 (the first on in the first post).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Next one :D:
So now for my map:
I'm planing to create a clean dismal world full of cement and metal.
There will be a lot of pipes and valves shined by white lights.

The first steps of the creation are already done but it's still not enough to post it here. I hope I can do it this evening ;).

EDIT:

By the way, of cause the map name is terrible again :).

Regards

This looks like a perfect area to create, in fact, I am jealous, this looks like a ton of fun. I like the name btw, it's great.

Maybe someday it can merge with my silent hill map ;) There could be some little building in my map with a single door and when you open it this area is below it with it's own set of traders. (just typing out what my brain is thinking, of course no pressure to listen to me at all.)

Anyways I look forward to seeing this fleshed out.

Reactions: Woodchuck
Upvote 0
This looks like a perfect area to create, in fact, I am jealous, this looks like a ton of fun. I like the name btw, it's great.

Maybe someday it can merge with my silent hill map ;) There could be some little building in my map with a single door and when you open it this area is below it with it's own set of traders. (just typing out what my brain is thinking, of course no pressure to listen to me at all.)

Anyways I look forward to seeing this fleshed out.

"I'll do my very best" - James (Dinner for One) :)

Merging this one with KF-SilentHill?!
Hell yeah :D
I really think that'd be great. Let's see how the path goes.

Upvote 0
back in the day i made the apartment building from sh4 for a kf-dm server.
wonder if its floating around somewhere...
Do you mean the level inside the building complex or the one on the roofs?
I'd really love to see it. If you find the map somewhere will you upload it again :)?

I'm really looking forward to seeing this complete, I love SH to death almost as much as KF, so you might be my favorite person in the word
Oh such preasure :D.
I think I have to work faster and better.

I'm a big SH fan too and I played SH1 and all the games that came out for PC anyhow I won't make a 1:1 copie of the subway world.
I'll post the screenshots as soon as I have enough material.

Upvote 0
Oh such preasure :D.
I think I have to work faster and better.

I'm a big SH fan too and I played SH1 and all the games that came out for PC anyhow I won't make a 1:1 copie of the subway world.
I'll post the screenshots as soon as I have enough material.

Lol, it doesn't matter to me, I've only devoted my time to SH3, Homecoming and the movie. SH3 is probably one of the scariest games I've ever played.

Have you thought about making an 'otherworld' type area?

Oh, and that screenie looks awesome. Keep it up!

EDIT:

You gotta have a jump-scare elevator ride. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

If not, here's a little hint.
silent_hill_3_elevator_by_parrafahell-d3eca4z.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lol, it doesn't matter to me, I've only devoted my time to SH3, Homecoming and the movie. SH3 is probably one of the scariest games I've ever played.

Have you thought about making an 'otherworld' type area?

Oh, and that screenie looks awesome. Keep it up!

EDIT:

You gotta have a jump-scare elevator ride. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

If not, here's a little hint.
silent_hill_3_elevator_by_parrafahell-d3eca4z.jpg

The otherworld?!
Yeah I'll make some rooms as a otherworld version.
And the thing with the evelator is a good idea. I already wanted to do such a lift for KF-Desperation.

Upvote 0
Hi,

here are two screenshots of the new version of that elevator scene.
I think this way is so much better than the old one. The textures fit better and there is a stronger relevation to the name of the map. But enough of my opinion, what do you think ;)?

screen2ya.png

screen1mx.png

In the past days I was wracking my brain to find a new idea for the general look of that map, that I hardly worked on it. Now that a know which way that map will go, I should be able to show new progresses soon :).
I don't really know what I should do with the abysses (I think that's the wrong word for that situation :rolleyes:) on the edges of that room. Should I add blocking volumes of should the players be able to fall down? I could add killing volumes on the ground?! What's your thinking?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
BlockingVolumes. I would never fall down there in real life. Even if I weren't too fat to fit in the hole. You may step into one and lose your footing but to actually fall down there takes effort, imo, and it's not something that can just happen. Not in the way it would happen in the game anyway where you're back pedaling and whoops, you're gone.
I wouldn't even put a BlockingVolume around the holes but just close them off with one so players can stand on them.

I like the floor texture!
Why aren't you going with pipes like in the original? Creative freedom?

Upvote 0