• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-Defence_Thyself

i tried it. it seems that all but the last nine or ten monsters spawn initially with the first squad on every wave. i don't see the point in dumping all the monsters for the wave on the screen at one time. i'll be sticking with fin 2 or maybe even beta 3.

i don't understand why you keep making revisions, it was about perfect with beta 3. sometimes there is beauty in simplicity and less is more. i think you are turning this into something that it wasn't supposed to be and making endless revisions isn't going to help but that's just my opinion.

Agree that this map has too many revisions, gonna stop obsessing with it. Many people complained that the map was slow so I delivered.

If any one wants older versions of the map, they are updated in the original post. All the versions are also on Skillz redirect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Agree that this map has too many revisions, gonna stop obsessing with it. Many people complained that the map was slow so I delivered.

If any one wants older versions of the map, they are updated in the original post. All the versions are also on Skillz redirect.

too many cooks in the kitchen can ruin the soup.

there was nothing wrong with the spawns to begin with.

i have played your map for over 100 hours on hoe difficulty. and hosted it on my server the whole while and in that time not one player has ever complained that the action was too slow.

you shouldn't just take the advice of random players in order to please everybody. i'd like to know how many hours those players who complained have put into playing your map.

if you are thinking about doing another remake, please consider "box without hope" or "town of disaster" or better still "plunge".

Upvote 0
too many cooks in the kitchen can ruin the soup.

there was nothing wrong with the spawns to begin with.

i have played your map for over 100 hours on hoe difficulty. and hosted it on my server the whole while and in that time not one player has ever complained that the action was too slow.

you shouldn't just take the advice of random players in order to please everybody. i'd like to know how many hours those players who complained have put into playing your map.

if you are thinking about doing another remake, please consider "box without hope" or "town of disaster" or better still "plunge".

That's true mate, can't please everyone. That night version sounds being too loud was my own fault for not putting it through a beta first.

That's awesome that you played this map the most. I basically remade this map since it was my fav from KF1 and thought I should do it justice. I think I put more hours playing it on servers than making it. My next map will probably be the Dead_Snow map I made for KF1.

Upvote 0
That's true mate, can't please everyone. That night version sounds being too loud was my own fault for not putting it through a beta first.

That's awesome that you played this map the most. I basically remade this map since it was my fav from KF1 and thought I should do it justice. I think I put more hours playing it on servers than making it. My next map will probably be the Dead_Snow map I made for KF1.
oh man, is that the one with the fleshy on skis? if so, that's the other map that i have been trying to think of the name of for weeks!
that would be awesome. i always loved watching people slide off the mountain at trader time on "the dedicated" back in the day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
oh man, is that the one with the fleshy on skis? if so, that's the other map that i have been trying to think of the name of for weeks!
that would be awesome. i always loved watching people slide off the mountain at trader time on "the dedicated" back in the day.

Yeah! that's the one. You played on The Dedicated? I don't remember your name on there or maybe its been too long, I stopped playing KF1 for a while.

Upvote 0
this is probably the most played custom map in kf2 atm(the day version). it's not hard and good for beginners. and it looks so damn nice! good job man!

Don't be afraid to update it if there are bugs.

The flying zeds bug was reproduced on Proton server, but I didn't have it on my server. May be because Proton server has either slower cpu or it may have not been restarted for a long time. Because I noticed some delay when buying ammo it didn't add the newly bought ammo to my gun for about 3 seconds

Upvote 0
Hi all,

I seem to have an issue with this map on my dedicated server. Other custom maps are working fine. Here are some logs:

0082.00] Log: LoadMap: KF-Defence_Thyself_Night_Fin3?game=KFGameContent.KFGameInfo_Survival?<removed>?Name=Player?Team=255
[0082.00] Exit: IpNetDriverSteamworks_0 shut down
[0082.53] Warning: Warning, CreateExport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'AkAmbientSound_10': Class KF-Defence_Thyself_Night_Fin3.Acceleration
[0082.53] Warning: Warning, CreateExport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'AkAmbientSound_11': Class KF-Defence_Thyself_Night_Fin3.Acceleration
[0083.17] Critical: appError called: Failed to find object 'World KF-Defence_Thyself_Night_Fin3.TheWorld'
[0083.18] Critical: Windows GetLastError: The system cannot find the file specified. (2)
[0085.28] Log: === Critical error: ===
Failed to find object 'World KF-Defence_Thyself_Night_Fin3.TheWorld'

PCServer-KFGame.ini
[KF-Defence_Thyself_Night_Fin3 KFMapSummary]
MapName=KF-Defence_Thyself_Night_Fin3
ScreenshotPathName=UI_MapPreview_TEX.UI_MapPreview_Placeholder

The paths and case are correct as far as I can tell. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Hi all,

I seem to have an issue with this map on my dedicated server. Other custom maps are working fine. Here are some logs:

0082.00] Log: LoadMap: KF-Defence_Thyself_Night_Fin3?game=KFGameContent.KFGameInfo_Survival?<removed>?Name=Player?Team=255
[0082.53] Warning: Warning, CreateExport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'AkAmbientSound_10': Class KF-Defence_Thyself_Night_Fin3.Acceleration
[0082.53] Warning: Warning, CreateExport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'AkAmbientSound_11': Class KF-Defence_Thyself_Night_Fin3.Acceleration
[0083.17] Critical: appError called: Failed to find object 'World KF-Defence_Thyself_Night_Fin3.TheWorld'
[0083.18] Critical: Windows GetLastError: The system cannot find the file specified. (2)

PCServer-KFGame.ini

Thanks.

remove your admin pass :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi all,

PCServer-KFGame.ini

Thanks.

Hey JL_Storm,

I'm not sure why you're receiving the error. The log mentions some resources are missing. Are you using a redirect to download this map or do you have this being hosted from your own server? It might be better question to ask in the dedicated server thread and see if others can help you there.

Upvote 0