• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-DeepingWall (Helms Deep)

Techuser

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 22, 2015
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1130264785
About 50mb
lKJA8kh.jpg

Helms deep recreated from scratch as a more accurate version to the movie - not a port of the KF1 map.
In wave 3 the wall will explode by a husk and at wave 5 or 6 the rain will stop (along with materials drying over time), in online play the rain sound will continue because I couldn't find a node to stop it that would replicate to clients, might solve it later (though I don't have any hope) but already uploading it now because it's minor, with music the players might not even notice (also I wanted it to stop in the beginning waves before the wall explosion, postponed it to later ones because of that)
The wall explosion takes only 95 damage and throws you up in the air so you can enjoy the scenery before dying to the fall damage :cool:
I also didn't make it a instagib damage to keep any zeds awaiting by the wall alive, getting them invade right after the explosion makes a better effect

Planned to do in future updates:
- Open the kings tower as another trader room and shortcut to the stables
- Helm Hammerhand statue
- Test dynamic lighting performance for sunrise in later waves
- Change the breakable section of the wall from interp to destructible, interps can't have splatter but so far I found no way to trigger a damage mod online through kismet, "destroy" only worked solo

Guessing Sean will like this gif
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Seanchaoz;n2304918 said:
Looks like you've done quite a few custom meshes for the castle structure, in addition to the landscape - or is it official assets cleverly disguised? Either way a solid build, need to give it a go some time.
Official assets were mostly indoors, outside it's just a few things, the bulk of it was done in max
O5Ccf0t.jpg

Video appreciated as always scarbeus, haven't had the time to spectate other people playing it yet so that offers an insight

Upvote 0
Great map as far as build. Have it on our servers and have played it with pubbers. I would only mention that there could be much better game play with more spawn points. As it is, too easy to set up outside and mow them down before the zeds ever get anywhere. In the KF1 version, you could be outside for a couple of rounds, but after that it became way to difficult to remain outside as zeds spawned all around you and one would usually end up dead out there. More spawn points would make the map so much better. Your map will remain on our servers as the atmosphere and overall quality of the look is just too good to pass up. Keep up the great work Techuser!

Upvote 0
Just some general feedback from the past few nights.

I realize it is Helm's Deep and the idea is to hold off the incoming horde, preventing their entry. However, is there a way to shake up the spawn locations once the wall is blown? Even on SUI/HOE is turns into a medic sitting at the bridge entrance while the other team members run down to the bottom to fight the zeds.

Not a whole lot of fighting happening anywhere else for such a LARGE map.

Just a suggestion to maybe move some spawns closer to where the wall explodes later in the game (if possible), perhaps allowing zeds to flank around the team of players and attack from multiple directions?

Last edited:
Upvote 0