• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-DeathBasinSands

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=933278648

Fixed collision where the money would fall through the ground
Doors now opens faster
Added a lot of stuff
Custom skybox
Custom ambient - Its silenced, not too loud

63D86998EA961619A70E4C0FF1E69CE383039550

AC89BE602E2BD5732ECCFDD44E4B27BBA00D3490

13CFA3C3D6847022CA0E7179B7157E77D64F17EC

A28527104583128F918F257127EDAE351EC9E012

you could make this a lot easier on server owners if you could offer a link to a location to download the file from.
i literally can't even find the folder where steam downloads the maps that come from the steam workshop. apparently they do not reside in the same directory with the stock maps. this information would be useful to some people.
how do you expect server owners to host this map or upload it to a redirect ftp if you don't provide easy access to the file?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
you could make this a lot easier on server owners if you could offer a link to a location to download the file from.
i literally can't even find the folder where steam downloads the maps that come from the steam workshop. apparently they do not reside in the same directory with the stock maps. this information would be useful to some people.
how do you expect server owners to host this map or upload it to a redirect ftp if you don't provide easy access to the file?

Are you F***** kidding me. Why are you harping on this poor map maker for? Blame the developers. That's the way the it was created. If you are a server owner then learn these things. It is your responsibility.

The directory for workshop content is (..Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Cache) Subscribe to it in workshop. Copy the numerical reference for the map from the web address in workshop. Start KF2. Browse to the directory above and search for the folder 933278648. Inside will be the map that you can then properly add to your redirect.

A little courtesy in the way you request info will go along way in battling your own stupidity. I wish you best of luck in that on going battle.

Upvote 0
oldschool;n2296262 said:
Are you F***** kidding me. Why are you harping on this poor map maker for? Blame the developers. That's the way the it was created. If you are a server owner then learn these things. It is your responsibility.

The directory for workshop content is (..Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Cache) Subscribe to it in workshop. Copy the numerical reference for the map from the web address in workshop. Start KF2. Browse to the directory above and search for the folder 933278648. Inside will be the map that you can then properly add to your redirect.

A little courtesy in the way you request info will go along way in battling your own stupidity. I wish you best of luck in that on going battle.

you are hearing what you wish to hear.
i don't know how you read any malice into my comment but you sure are a sanctimonious jerk. who are you to tell me how to live? lol
also that solution is not exactly simple. was i supposed to figure that out psychically or what?
i think i'll just stick to the files that content creators see fit to host for download in other places besides the steam workshop. the workaround you recommend is too inconvenient for me to be bothered with so thanks for giving me nothing but your bs attitude.
now that i know where those files are hidden i can cancel all my steam workshop subscriptions so that they won't eat up my boot drive. i didn't install all my games on D: drive only to have all my maps go on C: drive. i always knew the steam workshop was nothing but a waste of time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
oldschool;n2296262 said:

As Oldschool said. (Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Cache) Every workshop works like this. You download something it ends up there. He´s not a jerk, when you own a server, you should have known that maps are stored in cache. This way you could blame everyone. How about we blame that one guy who created a tutorial for the dedicated server for not including where donwloaded content is stored? I didn´t know it either, but you know, a little bit of google search or just simple question, where are the maps from WS stored?

Upvote 0
RockMax;n2296332 said:
As Oldschool said. (Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Cache) Every workshop works like this. You download something it ends up there. He´s not a jerk, when you own a server, you should have known that maps are stored in cache. This way you could blame everyone. How about we blame that one guy who created a tutorial for the dedicated server for not including where donwloaded content is stored? I didn´t know it either, but you know, a little bit of google search or just simple question, where are the maps from WS stored?

thanks for your totally unnecessary input as well. it's good to know there is a place to ask questions where everyone will take the time to make their own personal stab at me because they can't be bothered to answer questions without delivering insults as a toll. i should have realized that nobody is allowed to just make a regular comment without spreading on the accolades and speaking in superlatives because anything else is considered some form of negative feedback, these days.
so now that you've told me what you think is wrong with me, and you confess you didn't know any more about the subject than i did and you are not actually bringing new content to the table. have you ever considered your worth as a human being? let's put it this way, you should have kept your advice and your opinion of me to yourself because you're not being helpful. and it doesn't make any difference to me how much of a star you are around here because you have to work to garner respect from me, personally. and since you've gone out of your way to tell me something i already knew just so you could make a personal jab at me too, you will likely not earn my respect in the future either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
DOOMJESUS;n2296358 said:
thanks for your totally unnecessary input as well. it's good to know there is a place to ask questions where everyone will take the time to make their own personal stab at me because they can't be bothered to answer questions without delivering insults as a toll. i should have realized that nobody is allowed to just make a regular comment without spreading on the accolades and speaking in superlatives because anything else is considered some form of negative feedback, these days.
so now that you've told me what you think is wrong with me, and you confess you didn't know any more about the subject than i did and you are not actually bringing new content to the table. have you ever considered your worth as a human being? let's put it this way, you should have kept your advice and your opinion of me to yourself because you're not being helpful. and it doesn't make any difference to me how much of a star you are around here because you have to work to garner respect from me, personally. and since you've gone out of your way to tell me something i already knew just so you could make a personal jab at me too, you will likely not earn my respect in the future either.

That´s ok, one from many. I can´t be good with everyone in the world.

Upvote 0
The map looks ace, Rockmax. Love the bleak atmos and rocky vista.

DOOMJESUS;n2296215 said:

Firstly: Most users and level designers on these forums have been here for a while and created/shared a fair few maps by now. We've come to the point where we've been doing it for so long that we honestly sometimes forget that there might be people here for the first time, who don't know how things work. You could put that on us as a poor service, or simple human oversight.

Secondly: That said, your original post definitely had a tangible harsh tone to it. I sensed clear frustration from you when reading it, and that you were trying somewhat to mask it behind a not-too-aggressive facade. I get that a lack of clear instructions on something that you are unsure of how to do can be frustrating, but immediately jumping to vitriol on a matter that to the majority of users here is common knowledge, is not a very diplomatic approach on your part.

It was your own tangibly disrespectful and uncalled for tone that lead to this. Had you asked briefly and concise "Can you tell me how to locate the map file itself after the Steam workshop has downloaded it?" - or as already suggested, a simple google search - you'd have gotten an answer without the ensuing drama that has now followed.

Upvote 0
fwfdf1reman;n2296643 said:
Wow!!!! Lmao....... ok, I had a little thing all typed out and then it hit me.......... Wow!! :rolleyes:

Again Rockmax, nice map from the old KF1 days. Thanks for your effort, like other people here, in providing us with quality maps to expand our enjoyment of KF2.

Thanks, I hope the map is ok, If you have any suggestions just send em here :)

Reactions: fwfdf1reman
Upvote 0
Hello there! Just wanted to pop in, and as you are asking for suggestions, maybe more ground-cover such as small rocks, debris, bracken/bushes and the like, just to break up the appearance of the ground and lessen the effect of the ground-material tiling somewhat?

For example, a making one of the singular trees into a copse of trees with bracken, adding smaller rocks or pebbles around the larger rocks, maybe adding debris-piles using the sand material, rotating so it doesn't disrupt the direction of the materal akin to sand-piles, even adding some meshes around the building that'd make sense, like spare parts such as the occasional metal sheet, buckets, trash/rubble patch, or perhaps add a awning/ceiling extension, some additional visual interest, and generally stuff you might expect at a shop in such a pleasant place. ^^

Going further, if you can destructible objects, something as simple as... say, some planks between a few posts that can be broken off, a bin or crate that can be blown apart, or even making a copy of a small rock-mesh, and ticking the 'can become dynamic' box in the mesh-editing/inspecting window (double clicking the mesh in the general browser window, I think), you could have pebbles that players and zeds can kick about, just 'stuff' that can add some visual detail, and be interacted with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0