• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design KF-DeadIsland [WIP Coming Soon]

-=}WoLvErInE{=-

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Chi-Town
www.wolvy.net
Update: May 26th 2015

I'd like to Thank everyone that submitted a name. I picked a winner.

The name of the map will be "Zed Island" as posted by few of you guys. However, Toztman was first to post it in my map thread, so he gets the credit for it.

Graffiti did not fit the theme of the map, so I made something else. :D

This is going to be on at least 4 places, if not more. ;)

Congrats to Toztman and once again thanks to all of you.

Spoiler!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: May 19th, 2015

Screenshots WIP
Spoiler!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: May 17th, 2015

Screenshots WIP
Spoiler!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(May 12th, 2015)
Ok guys and gals. So I have bit more of my WIP map to show. Still finishing up layout.

It will consist of:
Dock Area
Camp Site
Cave
Ruin Area.
+ some open land.

New Screenshots May 12th 2015 [WIP]
Spoiler!

Once again all comments and feedback welcome! Still lots to do. Shooting for end of the month release. Stay Tuned

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(May 6th, 2015)
Hello guys,

Well, I started on my first map for KF2. It based of my map from AAAPG. It will be on Island, with cave and Ruins....and lots of blood. :D

Black and White Screenshot. More info to come soon.
Spoiler!

Enjoy, please all comments and suggestion are welcomed. :D

Last edited:
Why black and white lol? Anyway, I think you should add a beach/bungalow area. It shouldn't be too hard, you just have to import a custom sand texture and maybe use a snow mesh from Outpost. I saw that there was a water material in the content browser, so perhaps for the water just use that?

Upvote 0
Ok guys and gals. So I have bit more of my WIP map to show. Still finishing up layout.

It will consist of:
Dock Area
Camp Site
Cave
Ruin Area.
+ some open land.

New Screenshots May 12th 2015 [WIP]
Spoiler!

Once again all comments and feedback welcome! Still lots to do. Shooting for end of the month release. Stay Tuned

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't think palm trees bifurcate like how it's happening in the last pic
Did you use speedtree for the trees?

Chrysalidacarpus-lutescens.jpg

Christmas%20Palm.jpg

They are staticMesh.

Please call this Zed Island :)

[cheesey] Or for the Pulp Fiction fans..Zed is Dead Island haha! /cheesey]

TBH haven't even thought about a name yet. Just trying to concentrate on layout and game play at the moment. Appreciate it tho. Please keep the names coming. Maybe something will stick! :D

Upvote 0