• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-DarkRoad

JustFilth

Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2009
UK
www.leveldesigner.co.uk
Ok guys been messing with the editor and getting used to the terrian system and out of it has come KF-DarkRoad.

There was no real planning with the map and there was no aim in releasing it but as the maps developed I have come quite found of it and cant keep it on the shelf. So here is my second map for KF.

Thanks troopers.

Map Name: KF-DarkRoad-B

Beta Number: Public beta 1

Author: JustFilth

Playable: Yes

Download: http://files.filefront.com/KF+DarkRoad+Bzip/;13862763;/fileinfo.html

Screenshots:

5de52784.jpg

49102727.jpg

24f098f3.jpg

7a943982.jpg

a3ec70ca.jpg

e78d96bd.jpg

57ec3b2b.jpg

91059786.jpg

959494dd.jpg

Description of map: Large, Outdoors.

Supplies are running low and the team decide to venture out to a secluded outpost that once supplied a nearby army barracks. Will the team manage to be able to take control of this area and secure the storage houses or will they themselves become the supplies.

Testing: playabilty.

Credits: Tripwire interactive.

Notes: This map was made freehand while learning to scult terrian with the editor.
Installation: Place the KF-DarkRoad-B.rom in your killingfloor/maps directory.

Last edited:
Thx Gregs2k2 I hope you enjoy!

Alex-KF cheers for the info, yup will play with the fog before final and clip the statics. " i love the mood " Yes same, its the only reason I decided to release as it was not really planned just free hand if you will.

Talking about performance I will look into portalling with my next project or at least the UNREAL equivalent so I can push up the anti a little.

Im having that kiddie in a sweet shop feeling at present!! just loving it!

Cheers Troopers

JustFilth.

Upvote 0
This map is great! Me and a buddy of mine were playing it just a moment ago and we were stunned! Defiantly a favorite for us.

Now for some of the not so good, the inside of the buildings seem empty (just the center not the tiny rooms) and I really wish you could go upstairs =). All in all this is one of the best maps and I enjoy it a lot! Up there with The Hive and Pandora's Box. Great work man =)

Upvote 0
Feelgood66,

Thank you for the support.

hund_schraube,

"first KF-Biohazard and now this map. you sir keep mapping PLEASE."
you sir keep on commenting :)

FeuerSturm,

Cheers to you to trooper and glad your enjoying.

JpDeathBlade,

Firstly thank you for the comment and feed back, always appreciated. "inside of the buildings seem empty " this is true, i was being cautious with this release and tried to keep detailing basic to compensate for the terrain work as I am still uncertain about the game engine.

I develop on an highend pc so judging FPS to a general lvl is a task on its own. I,ll look into portaling the buildings to increase the amount of detail as I clearly understand your point.

I will also look into opening the upstairs for the final release maybe with some kind of fire escape access from outside.

Once again cheers to all and have fun

JustFilth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's like your maps bottle win or something dude. I love the atmosphere in this one and in Biohazard. I played through this one solo and heading through the "trenches" to get through the trader is pretty awesome. Wave 10 pwnt me though, 4 sirens in my face and 2 FPs. -.-

Just wanted to mention, I had gotten up on a cliff-side of sorts and was walking along the edge of it when I got catapulted off and landed on the "road", and lost 75HP in fall damage. o_O

Upvote 0
Thank you BartBear for your comment and support.

Tolil, " It's like your maps bottle win or something dude " you lost me with that sorry trooper.

"Wave 10 pwnt me though, 4 sirens in my face and 2 FPs. -.- "

I take FPs to mean FleshPounders and not FramesPerSecond :)

One thing I have noticed is that KF-DarkRoad seems to be a map of 2 halves, you have the spawn/rural section that is basically one run round track and the other half is the store house section that as a run round curciut as well. Connecting these two areas is the DarkRoad this section of the map is a total meat grind and takes a squad really to pass, 4 on point 2 to the rear or how however the team may be split. One thing is for certain you dont want to go down there on your own lol.

Cheers all

JustFilth

Upvote 0
Me and a few friends were playing (5 of 6) and in the one house you can walk through the table =). The Z.E.D's also get stuck trying to climb over the barricades on the main road, and sometimes you can see them pop into the game world (game bug not map I think). Just two more things that I noticed.

Do you have any plans to make this map larger? Maybe take out the barricade on the one side of the map (where the two houses are) and make it a tunnel that takes you to another village (with like 5 house and a little bit more open area)?

Anyway great map and is going into my Map Pack =)

Upvote 0
SuperSaucisse,

Thanks for your time with the beta, i shall look at the issues you have pointed out for the final, just some simple block volume shouls help.

JpDeathBlade,

Cheers trooper I will look tot he barricade, the table has already been fixed, Regarding making this map any bigger, well to the point no. I am playing with the idea of having another passage from the spawn area to the store houses to create another circuit and also opening the upstairs in the buildings but that will be as far as it goes with this map, but thank you kindly for wanting more 8)

Thanks Krayzie! yes i think the tutorials are starting to kick in lol.

SgtStress,

Cheers for the comment and I hope you enjoy.

NEWS INFO:

I aim to release a final version of this map over the next couple of days, target is wednesday. Really enjoyed this level and cant wait to take what I have learnt from this project and my last and set the forge fires working again.

Cheers all

JustFilth.

Cheers all

Last edited:
Upvote 0