• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Claustrophobia Beta 1

d3no

Feb 14, 2010
Croatia
First of all, hello to everyone, I'm new to the forums but not so new to the game :)

"This is my first map. I've been working previosly on Source Hammer Editor and this is my first attempt at UnrealEd. The style, environment and music on the map are inspired by Silent Hill otherworld. It is still work in progress, in early beta testing stages. The download link is posted, test it out and give me some feedback. Post suggestions, bugs, tips on improvement and others. Hope you enjoy the map. Cheers! ;)"

The download has been removed. Beta 2 coming a.s.a.p.

Map Name: KF-Claustrophobia
Beta Number: 1
Playable: Yes
Download link: N/A at this time

Screenshots of the upcoming Beta 2:
ibaz2b.jpg

15ydrhc.jpg

9ar3p2.jpg

24mw852.jpg

Last edited:
Lol I like it. If its related to Silent Hill then Im down. The siren during trader time is awesome. Youve got the wheel chairs, the classrooms and the bottomless floor feel going so Id keep going in that direction. If it were me, Id get rid of the office looking rooms and go full out with the dark gritty look all around.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the feedback! :)
Yes, I was thinking of removing the starting room, and maybe make it like the rest. I'm aware of the fog glitches, bugs, stuff.. Am currently working on it and yeah, I've already removed the other zone info.
One question though. Since I'm new to the unreal editor, when I was placing random weapon spawns, I accidently placed some "invisible" actor, which, when you pass over, it says "Picked up a weapon" And since I can't see it, I can't delete it. Any suggestions? :confused:

Thank you again for the feedback, it means a lot to me ;)

Upvote 0
After looking at it in the editor, I believe theres only 1. Inventory Spot 12. What I like to do, (since you cant see it in any viewport) is make sure Im in the 3d viewport, go to edit / search for actors. I went through the inventory list clicking once on the name and then once in the 3d viewport as it took me to the exact location of the actor. Then if it is the actor your trying to delete, simply hit delete. Do another search and it should be gone.

Upvote 0
glad to see someones using the 1.0 content i ported over to retail. your welcome.

You truly felt the need to post this comment?

Let me see if my understanding is correct. Guy makes map. Guy uploads map looking for tips. So instead of gaining info, he is supposed to thank you for using a texture that was automatically included in a texture pack in the sdk?

Upvote 0
You truly felt the need to post this comment?

Let me see if my understanding is correct. Guy makes map. Guy uploads map looking for tips. So instead of gaining info, he is supposed to thank you for using a texture that was automatically included in a texture pack in the sdk?

the textures werent included in the SDK. i had to port them from the mod along with many other things that people can now use (most dont have a copy of KF 1.0). im not asking for a medal or anything, just a simple thanks to dex for putting in the work to transfer this stuff over for everyone.

as for advice, add more spawns, use sheets for zone portals instead of rectangles. the map needs more zoning. also the room with the fleshpound head on the table has some pathing issues (paths not connecting). same as the room with the school desks. also pathing issues in the hallway with the gate for flooring.

PS: im going to be porting even more stuff over for people to use. as i said earlier, im glad to see people using it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well thank you dex for the textures, and I've been working a lot on fixing everything, thanks for the tips. I'll be releasing a newer version soon ;)

np, i like that gate also :D

what you mostly need to focus on is the pathing. the layout is good. has a few deadends but i kinda like a map with some deadends - the zombies need some help now and then when ppl are kiting.

Upvote 0
Hehe, well I've added a few new rooms, changed some textures and J.D. helped me out a lot with lightning and zones, currently I'm working on paths and fixing some BSP errors. After that's done, I'll upload it.

i noticed a hallway with a additive brush in the middle of it, secret room?? i couldnt find a way to get on the other side

Upvote 0