• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Cell

LiquidArrow

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
20161122231322_1.jpg

!!!ATTENTION!!! - This map is in a constant state of progress and everything you see is PLACEHOLDER. This map will be shaped on the feedback of the community as it is being developed so please, Leave Feedback, your ideas and opinion matter!

There will be visual and gameplay bugs, please help me smight them and report if you run into any!

Hosted Here: 68.232.181.62
Workshop Page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=803559396
Concept:

In the center of this level is one single trader where 6 areas can be accessed. At wave start everyone is forced into one of the rooms at random at the beginning of each wave, then forced back to the center with "fair" environmental hazards. You have to pay attention or you will be spectating in record time.

Each room will have its own theme and gameplay style and with the randomization the experience should be different each time you play the map.

Boss Waves will be fought in the center where the ceiling pillars will come down in randomized sets to change up the battleground. The doors will be closed and battle will be done gladiator style.
Other Notes:

Each room has an 'entry hallway' where the walls will slowly come in and crush you if you choose to stay put.

This map works with regular spawns, but I had to rig it in a way that it unranks the map. There will be a Ranked version with KFspawners instead of volumes and the superior but Unranked version of the map with the volumes hack coming out because of this. (that unless I can get the map whitelisted)

When the boss spawns they are lowered down on a platform

Changenotes:
11/29/2016
- Changed the layout of Room 1 to have the pillars lifted enough to walk under. There is a "holdout" spot in the middle where zeds won't get to you as fast.
- Added doors to room 3 and adjusted spawns
- Fixed door issues in room 4 and changed the middle doors to slide
- Adjusted spawns around the map
- Stopped crushing walls from being activated during trader phase
- Pathing improvements to center area on "boss waves"
- No room will be repeated until the "Boss Wave/Center Wave" but after that the rooms can be repeated again
- Fixed "crushing wall entrance" on rooms not reversing
- Fixed Doors not opening (if this is seen again please let me know)
- Fixed some pathing issues
- Adjusted spawns

Last edited:
Quite a few updates have been put through. Here is a accumulation of the most important ones.
- Changed the layout of Room 1 to have the pillars lifted enough to walk under. There is a "holdout" spot in the middle where zeds won't get to you as fast.
- Added doors to room 3 and adjusted spawns
- Fixed door issues in room 4 and changed the middle doors to slide
- Adjusted spawns around the map
- Stopped crushing walls from being activated during trader phase
- Pathing improvements to center area on "boss waves"
- No room will be repeated until the "Boss Wave/Center Wave" but after that the rooms can be repeated again
- Fixed "crushing wall entrance" on rooms not reversing
- Fixed Doors not opening (if this is seen again please let me know)
- Fixed some pathing issues
- Adjusted spawns

Upvote 0