• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-BioTech-Incident

KF-BioTech-Incident

• Total voters

avp2501

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Lost in the land of Magic
After completing our mission we were on our way out, but unfortunately fate had other plans for us. Dig in and pray we have enough ammo left.

Current Release Version: 1.0 (6.08mb uncompressed)
Current Work in progress Version: 1.0 (6.08mb uncompressed)

Playable: Yes (V1.0)

Whitelisted: Yes

Photo Gallery:

Shot00195.jpg

Shot00193.jpg

Shot00190.jpg

Shot00188.jpg

Shot00187.jpg

Shot00186.jpg

Shot00185.jpg

Videos:

N/A

Description:

This map is intented to be simple intense fun. There will be a full size mission map to go along with this one called KF-BioTech so keep an eye open for it.

Map Size:

Small (Very)

Current Trader Count: 1

1. The Traders Place
Map Optimization:

Runs great since it's such a small map.

Release Date:

Start Date: Sept 2009
Current V Date: Sept 2010
Final Beta Date: Soon

Beta Downloads:

Mod Db:
V1-0
MegaUpload: V1-0

Last edited:
Looks like this map has gotten some decent ratings in the poll. I'm glad that people are enjoying it since this was really just me playing with the whole "speed mapping" thing.

Total time allocated to map: 24 hours.
Total time spent: 8-9 hours.

Will probably do some tweeks and re-release it as final in a few months. Any suggestions are welcome.

By the way how are people finding the Fleshpound that pops up on wave 5?

Upvote 0
um not sure if this was supposed to happen but the door to the left of the main zed spawn opened up and shot out a fleshpound....when testing, that never happend...and i notcied a few blocking volumes have been placed randomly. when dead i used to be able to explore more of the map. fully up that smoke stack and elevator shaft....just wondering

Upvote 0
um not sure if this was supposed to happen but the door to the left of the main zed spawn opened up and shot out a fleshpound....when testing, that never happend...

The fleshpound spawns on wave 5 since everyone is relaxed and expecting him to turn up on wave 7. Although the door opens around the same time it's entirely random where he will appear from so don't rely on him coming through that door.

and i notcied a few blocking volumes have been placed randomly. when dead i used to be able to explore more of the map. fully up that smoke stack and elevator shaft....just wondering

Can't see why this would change since there hasn't been any changes made. "elevator shaft" Oh yeah forgot you could roam around the map when you die, now I'm kinda glad that I deleted all the other floors from the map, wouldn't want you to get a sneak peek at the full mission map.

Reactions: crystaldragons
Upvote 0
The fleshpound spawns on wave 5 since everyone is relaxed and expecting him to turn up on wave 7. Although the door opens around the same time it's entirely random where he will appear from so don't rely on him coming through that door.

Can't see why this would change since there hasn't been any changes made. "elevator shaft" Oh yeah forgot you could roam around the map when you die, now I'm kinda glad that I deleted all the other floors from the map, wouldn't want you to get a sneak peek at the full mission map.
dang it :) but what i was saying with the blocking volumes, i thought i used to be abe to get out the smoke stack and see the entire map and all. maybe i just ghosted out though in solo. same thing for being able to get into the red room. :p

Upvote 0
Not sure if you're still working on this but after loading it onto my server, this happened.

Do you get this problem everytime you load it up? and does this happen to you offline? (solo mode)

I'm not up on hosting / maintaining servers but if it's a server issue then I'm sure that someone on the forums would know the answer.

I'm not currently working on this map but I do support my own work and will fix / improve anything that needs doing even if it's a few years down the line. The only exception to this is kf-hiddenfacility which is currently going through a massive overhaul.

Upvote 0
Not sure, I loaded the .rom file exactly as it is from the Whitelist, and placed it on my server, all in correct folders. .Rom in maps, and .uz2 in redirect.

I'm pretty sure its the map itself, because if its gonna need to be 'restarted' then I can't use that map in my server. *And probably no one else will too* for the fact that people wish to start the game without having to restart to fix a Temporary problem.

I'm gonna put my cents in that its not server side or client-side related, solely on the fact that this map is the only one I've had a problem of THIS nature where its unplayable.

Its quite alright if you don't get around to fixing it, I don't mind, felt like trying out new maps from Makers that I like to support. *And epic name XD* But I'd thought it be fair to let you know that I was having that problem. XD

Upvote 0
I've played this map before online and I know that demon has also tried it out, although I tried to connect to his server today and it's not responding. Maybe it's no longer in use.

I know that some of Murphys maps have had issues with servers in the past so I know that it is possible for maps to cause glitches however looking at the picture you've provided looks as if all the geometry has just disappeared or the texture has been set to "fake backdrop".

If you want I can send you a few different versions to see if any of those fair better and maybe track down a possible issue in the map.

Upvote 0