• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-AspenManor Final Beta

concerning the doors, if you look there are 2 types of doors., so its ez to c what one can be opened and what one cant. All of one type of door can be opened, and all ot the other type cant. Im not gonna have this door is locked on every door. Even Bioticslab doesnt have that

Concerning the lighting. I have been struggling to get the light perfect inside the mansion. Its suposed to be dark but not too dark. Im still brightening it up in areas

And i dont know if you figured this out yet, but alot of the map has space becuse you need to move around alot of you will get killed. Thuss i give the player a little more space to move in. The graveyard pathing is gonna have some obsticles in the way like a fallen tree, and a fallen tree into a big tomb, that breaks tons of rock and cement and puts it in your way. So you will have to look where your running instead of running backwards all the time. but even then if you run backwards, if you dont watch your back youll get surrounded easily

Ummmmm well did you like the map ?
Becuse everything you said i have already been working on.....its called beta becuase it needs to be fully tested while i finish adding the detail and correcting the light. (im telling you about a month battle with the light in the mansion)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not too fond of it with the current problems (which I've stated). I might play it but I don't think I'd host it on our server. It seems like something geared more towards the 30-man KF servers and that's not something we're looking to do.

For 6 people it's way too big and I can easily see new players getting lost.
6 players wont get lost if you just follow the arrow. I dont c how that happens unless you dont go to the trader and just roam around aimlessly, cause then if you havent played the map for a few times you would get lost
Just like the new map Foundry, I was lost for about 3 games then i knew where everything was

And even though it is a big map INSTANTLY each wave the players get surround so you have to move as a team to the trader.

And BTW its not that big, Farm is way bigger and more open

Its 250m by 150m And its hardly any open space, all of it used used properly

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How did you accomplish that?
tons of spawns, and also set the spawn desirability to .3

Also when i was making the lvl i would picture the player moving and place spawns that would surround them constantly. Well placed spawns and setting the spawn desirability to .3 in the game info makes a hellish difference

Last edited:
Upvote 0