• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map Kf-AspenManor Contest Ver

I love the map. I've had lots of complaints about it being too hard. In my opinion that makes a brilliant map! One thing I did notice which I don't think should be there is that Husks can shoot through some of the crypt buildings & I think all of the library bookshelves. I swear I downloaded the file from here, at least file size wise it matches.

this map was made b4 the husks came out. once the released the new zombie type i noticed it too, and nothing could be done about it then. I didnt know how to set the objects so that weapons can hit them. All those Mausoleums and bookcases are mesh. with the collision turned off

plus if i was to fix this now, over 1000 people have downloaded this map, so they would all have to update, and we all know most server masters hardly ever check this

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I guess it's not a quick fix then. It does make the map quite interesting when a husk fireball hits you from god knows where.
its a quick fix, but then EVERYONE will have to redownload it. and over 1000 people will have to, and all the server will have to be notified, then all the maps on the current servers wont be whitelisted. blah blah blah lol too much hassle for me. Its kinda minor

Its an old map, i have new things in the works

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I didnt know how to set the objects so that weapons can hit them. All those Mausoleums and bookcases are mesh. with the collision turned off
So do you know now? Is it just collion->ZeroEventTraces or one of those? Also what does BlockKarma mean? If I'm taking off collision I usually set Blockkarma->false and the ZeroEvent etc leave on True. Never paid much attention to what weapons fire does but would like to know what the correct setting is.

Upvote 0
So do you know now? Is it just collion->ZeroEventTraces or one of those? Also what does BlockKarma mean? If I'm taking off collision I usually set Blockkarma->false and the ZeroEvent etc leave on True. Never paid much attention to what weapons fire does but would like to know what the correct setting is.
Good question, lol I still dont know. I know someone posted it in the forums somewhere, its some setting in the collision i think. But i know i have ZeroEventTrace> true, so its not that.

might be in the blocking brush properties

Upvote 0
Hey Fel.

Loved this map. May in fact be one of my favorite designs, and makes me miss my lost KF-Monastery very much.

The only objection we had was your use of the fog effect. The outdoor blue effect kills the eyes. After 2 hours of playing different maps last night, we quit on wave 8 of Aspen without even dying, because it felt like someone was ramming a fork into our retinas.

Other than that, design was epic, had a total resident evil feel, easily one of my favs. Spawning in different places the first was fun as hell. And you got a big collective "holy ****" from my players when they stepped into that massive trader room.

Upvote 0
LAWL

2011-05-02_00001.jpg

Reactions: timur
Upvote 0
ArcheKruz;n2278707 said:
I don't know if you've noticed, but one of the trader volumes are bugged in that it kicks out players during the trading period. I also noticed that this version of the download is broken so I provided a link to the map in case anyone wants to fix it.

File Download

We have a version on our server where we had managed to fix the traders. However, the map has been very unstable, constantly causing people to crash. Seems the map might be completely broken now that the traders are fixed and we don't know why.

Upvote 0