• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-AquaStudy-V2

D

Dragonfel666

Finally! Hope you all enjoy :D

Map Name:
KF-Aquastudy-V2
Playable:
Yes
Description of map:
The lab was destroyed whilst working on the creating a new type of zombie specimens. There is no way back to the surface, so you must fight to survive.

Map Download/Download Size:
15mg

http://www.filefactory.com/file/aha7g37/n/KF-AquaStudy-V2_rom

Shot00043.jpg

Shot00042.jpg

Shot00041.jpg

Shot00040.jpg

Shot00039-1.jpg

Shot00038.jpg

Shot00037-1.jpg

Shot00035-1.jpg

Shot00034.jpg

Last edited:
I beta tested this with fel and its a great map. Be sure to keep your whits about you because you'll get surrounded almost immediately. If you want a fun, big, and action packed map this is the way to go.
very nice work on the lighting!
Good Job dude :D lookin good
nice and dark looking! finally another map with good lighting to instill a sense of fear in killing floor gameplay! no more bright lit rooms to make specimen look like friendly next door neighbors.
This map is definately the best looking custom map I've seen, though I haven't seen all of them. I really get the underwater theme and the different areas of the map have plenty of variety in textures, meshes and architecture. Good item placement. I also like the size of the map (big but not quite too big) and the way the areas link together is good design. I also lol'd at one of the trader locations. Fantastic job overall.
Effectively captures the feel of an under-ocean lab. A good size map, but the layout is well designed and areas never feel repetitive.
I liked the aesthetics in this map. It was fairly dark and the lighting there was added a layer of tension to things. I particularly liked the different trader rooms.
I liked the detailing with the lab parts. The floors, ceiling and spawn points were well designed.

thanks everyone for the comments :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Texturing looks terrible. Sorry buddy, but it really does. This is retail, don't be scared to use higher res ones.
Wow... thanks alot, id love to see your maps if mine is so horrible:mad:

I would like to point your attention to the comments above. Some of the people who commented are ones who made lvls like The Hive...and so on. These are great designers, and I think ill take their opinion over yours thank you. You obviously dont know what your talking about. And if you dont have anything nice to say, then dont say anything.

PLAY THE MAP BEFORE YOU COMMENT!

Man I wish this was retail I wouldn't be broke. PAY ME NOW!!! :) lol jk

Last edited:
Upvote 0
usually when someones says "this is retail" they are referring to the map being stock and coming with the game as thus being professional quality.

also, even if a game is retail and not free, every game with custom fan made maps has non-professional or crappy maps. have you not played games with custom maps before? what, do you think the developers filter those ones out or something? no. who cares if it's retail? you aren't going to get awesome maps every time. it's not just the free games with crappy custom maps.

Upvote 0
This is true - but details are what puts the icing on the immersion cake. :D
you havent even played the map, so dont comment maul :mad: You dont know what your talkin about, I you play the lvl youll find that there is plenty of detail. We all are gettign tired of your crappy post, and we would like you to prove that you know how to lvl, because all you are right now is talk. talk talk talk talk talk blah blah blah blah

You ruin perfectly good thread with you comments, just like you ruined this 1 with the first comment. We all would like you to leave.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dragonfell, don't get so pissed off. Somewhere along the line Maul is somewhat correct with his texture comment (although he said it in an untactful manner). I can easily spot stretching textures and misaligned textures in the screens you have posted.

Don't go in the defensive when someone states that he cannot see a lot of depth/detail in your map, that is your fault really. You control what is posted of your map, every bit of detail should be viewable in only a couple of screenshots. Screaming that "they should play the map first" before commenting is not how it works. You should, with only a few screenshots, be able to completely overwhelm the viewers.

Don't take criticism in a bad way, in the end you should be grateful as it's the best kind of reply you can get to improve. If i had to cry for each time someone criticized my work I'd be out of tears years ago. Suck it up and learn from it.

Might i add that you dont need to be a mapper to comment on mapping. Everyone can comment on anything. Don't you comment/give criticism on books when writing a book assignment for school? But you arent a writer...

so instead of throwing a tantrum, either refute the one criticizing you with screenshots or learn from it and improve.

Upvote 0
you havent even played the map, so dont comment maul :mad: You dont know what your talkin about, I you play the lvl youll find that there is plenty of detail. We all are gettign tired of your crappy post, and we would like you to prove that you know how to lvl, because all you are right now is talk. talk talk talk talk talk blah blah blah blah

You ruin perfectly good thread with you comments, just like you ruined this 1 with the first comment. We all would like you to leave.

I'm going to defend Maul. I think he is right to his opinion and he speaks his mind. It is better to tell mappers what you really think so they can get better. He doesn't have to be a mapper to know what looks wrong to him. Kind of like saying movie reviewers have to be directors. I really don;t understand your attack Dragonfel666 he said he liked everything but the textures. Seeing how hard and truthfull Maul is with the mappers that is a complaiment. Also how would you know if he played your map or not? When you put your maps on the forum expect some people to say what they think you did wrong.

Upvote 0
Dragonfell, don't get so pissed off. Somewhere along the line Maul is somewhat correct with his texture comment (although he said it in an untactful manner). I can easily spot stretching textures and misaligned textures in the screens you have posted.

Don't go in the defensive when someone states that he cannot see a lot of depth/detail in your map, that is your fault really. You control what is posted of your map, every bit of detail should be viewable in only a couple of screenshots. Screaming that "they should play the map first" before commenting is not how it works. You should, with only a few screenshots, be able to completely overwhelm the viewers.

Don't take criticism in a bad way, in the end you should be grateful as it's the best kind of reply you can get to improve. If i had to cry for each time someone criticized my work I'd be out of tears years ago. Suck it up and learn from it.

Might i add that you dont need to be a mapper to comment on mapping. Everyone can comment on anything. Don't you comment/give criticism on books when writing a book assignment for school? But you arent a writer...

so instead of throwing a tantrum, either refute the one criticizing you with screenshots or learn from it and improve.

This man speaks the truth.

Upvote 0
Hey just to say terrific map, we've had a whale of a time playing this map with 30 players, server was full for the 2 hours it lasted!

Map balance / spawns are perfect for this number and spreads the players out throughout the map (and less of the chasing lone zombies you might get with only 6). Tends to end with a mad dash for the nearest of those weldable rooms before the fleshys break through!

IMO this looks better than Biolabs even (ooh controversy) and when I'm shooting zeds I don't tend to closely inspect the pixel perfect texture alignment lol. Also would play this map if it was just block colours gameplay is far more important to me...

A player on our server found a couple of glitches, cross-linking the thread:
[url]http://forum.rallfo.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=38[/URL]

Upvote 0
just to let you know, i will be releaseing the contest version of this map.

What will be added

1: 3 new spawns
2: grates on floor bent in then "push up" to make it look like pipe through floors came up and broke though, for all 3 spawns like that
3: More pathing for better game play
$: little more detail on ceilings and other crap

Upvote 0
just to let you know, i will be releaseing the contest version of this map.

What will be added

1: 3 new spawns
2: grates on floor bent in then "push up" to make it look like pipe through floors came up and broke though, for all 3 spawns like that
3: More pathing for better game play
$: little more detail on ceilings and other crap

looking forware to see your update because your map is quite good and big

Upvote 0