• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-AquaStudy-V2 Contest Version

D

Dragonfel666

EDIT: I moved the custom textures into the MyLevel group so the redirect will work ^^ and corrected the link.

Ok so i spent some time sprucing it up a bit

I AM SUMMITING THIS FOR WAVE 1

1: 4 new spawns for harder game play in the big room with the trader in the tube

2: New Custom Doors

3: Mostly all spawns are Un-Campable

4: Realigned all textures, including rotating to match the vents on the celing

5: All minor Pathing issues are worked out

Im only gonna post a few pics, cause we all know what it looks like.

http://www.filefront.com/14080699/KF-AquaStudy-V2Fin.zip

The Final Release for the contest. The pathing is more intricate and i fixed all the "unknown" exploits. Also Brighted some areas.

if you want it;
http://www.filefront.com/14139295/AquaStudy-V2Final.zip

Shot00037-2.jpg

Shot00039-2.jpg

Shot00040-1.jpg

Shot00039-1.jpg

Ps to give you an idea of how detailed my wave 2 map is gonna be,

I am about 20% done and its at 18mg

And almost all solid brushes are converted to objects

Ps. The new doors are made by Chernobyl

TY Chernobyl !!

Last edited:
I beta tested this with fel and its a great map. Be sure to keep your whits about you because you'll get surrounded almost immediately. If you want a fun, big, and action packed map this is the way to go.
very nice work on the lighting!
Good Job dude :D lookin good
nice and dark looking! finally another map with good lighting to instill a sense of fear in killing floor gameplay! no more bright lit rooms to make specimen look like friendly next door neighbors.
This map is definately the best looking custom map I've seen, though I haven't seen all of them. I really get the underwater theme and the different areas of the map have plenty of variety in textures, meshes and architecture. Good item placement. I also like the size of the map (big but not quite too big) and the way the areas link together is good design. I also lol'd at one of the trader locations. Fantastic job overall.
Effectively captures the feel of an under-ocean lab. A good size map, but the layout is well designed and areas never feel repetitive.
I liked the aesthetics in this map. It was fairly dark and the lighting there was added a layer of tension to things. I particularly liked the different trader rooms.
I liked the detailing with the lab parts. The floors, ceiling and spawn points were well designed.
I just played this map yesterday and I absolutely loved it. Very very fun and awesome strategies to use with friends.
Played this map online the other day, excellent map I must say - Thanks and good job, Mr Author man :D

thanks everyone for the comments :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Talk about the map, not each other. If the flaming starts again the thread will be locked.
THANK YOU!! Im tired of people insulting me. every time i post a map, the first response is ALAWYS an insult.
This doesn't happen on any other maps.
So people like i said b4
STAY ON TOPIC, TALK ABOUT THE MAP AND QUIT INSULTING ME

Thank you admin for posting here, i hope people respect the rules from now on

also thank you admin for del the crappy post about me. this was really starting to irritate me. Stuff like that ruins a good map thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And what about when somebody joins a server running this map and they need to download it from a redirect?

Anyway this looks like a big improvement over the previous version, keep up the good work.
when its on the redirect, the server host puts the file into the texture folder for their server. I think thats how it works neways.

Let me know if there is a problem with dling the map +textures when joining a server.

BTW I am putting them in MyLevel now

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok ive put the coustom textures into the MyLevel Group, dunno y this matters, but its done.

someone enlighten me on why this matters? i dont know much about redirect.

they are saved to the .rom now... so that means that you dont need a bunch of seperate files, all the textures are saved into the map. easier to distribute, no need to install a bunch of files to the diff folders. very helpful for static meshes, textures, sounds, etc.

Upvote 0