• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-AquaStudy-Final

D

Dragonfel666

Map Name: KF-AquaStudy
Playable: Yes
Description of map: Your trapped beneath the ocean in a lab where they performed scientific study's on the zombies
Map Download/Download Size: 14mgs

http://www.filefactory.com/file/ag7fge1/n/KF-AquaStudy_rom

Shot00032.jpg

Shot00033.jpg

Shot00035.jpg

Shot00037.jpg

Shot00039.jpg

Shot00030.jpg

Shot00028.jpg

This map is definately the best looking custom map I've seen, though I haven't seen all of them. I really get the underwater theme and the different areas of the map have plenty of variety in textures, meshes and architecture. Good item placement. I also like the size of the map (big but not quite too big) and the way the areas link together is good design. I also lol'd at one of the trader locations. Fantastic job overall.

I only played by myself and found the specs to be very scattered around the map which effectively made it really easy to pick them off one at a time. I know its already final but, maybe reducing the MinDistanceToPlayer on ZombieVolumes would help with this. Sorry I didn't test it @ beta.

Upvote 0
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE COMPLIMENTS!

Also be sure to watch for V2, I am sprucing up this map, and fixed a couple of minor bugs to get it rdy for the competition, wave 1.

I am also gonna be working on a whole new map for Wave 2, so be on the look out for a beta release in about a month.

Upvote 0
I liked the aesthetics in this map. It was fairly dark and the lighting there was added a layer of tension to things. I particularly liked the different trader rooms.

I wasn't so much a fan of the actual level design. Waves trickled in, even at wave 8, and we were constantly spending ~5 min at the end of a wave hunting things down. At one point the game just dumped 50 specimen and ended the round.

I liked the detailing with the lab parts. The floors, ceiling and spawn points were well designed. The room layouts themselves though were a little repetitive. People were getting turned around a lot because the largest rooms looked alike. The layout was different but the texturing and lighting made it hard to tell them apart.

We ended up camping in some of the largest rooms and in the corners of corridors. It was fairly easy to kill the majority of the horde because you had so much time to shoot at them. We did have some hairy moments when we were in transit and parked next to a spawn point, but camping was fairly easy.

Overall it was a good map, but the size and the large rooms and corridors had a negative impact on difficulty I think.

Small things, nit picky things-

-Some of the textures could be resized. I'm thinking of the stairs leading up to the trader, which looks out through the control room specifically.

-The railings in that same room seem to have no texturing or lighting. I'd replace them static meshes rather than (what looks like) brushes.

Upvote 0
yea i know the zombies are sparce, in V2 i have added about 7 more zombie spawns to make the gameplay more intense. Even a few "hidden" spawns in the big rooms. although i dont know why you were having trouble finding the zombies, every time ive played this map, ive had no issues, maybe 1 or 2 zombies gets dumped but thats it.
-The railings in that same room seem to have no texturing or lighting. I'd replace them static meshes rather than (what looks like) brushes.
they are brushes :). I dont know of any static meshes that are railings though....

Last edited:
Upvote 0