• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code KF 2.5 - no FP rage

Hello everybody.I am playing KF for some time (almost 6 months) and i wanted to ask this:
Is there any chance of anybody to create a script that would be able to stop Flesh pounds from making rage (the yellow things in their stomach turn into red) that increases their speed ?
Its hardcoded. In 2.51, it would get "fixed" so you could toggle it. However, as you obviously know, 2.51 will never be released due to KF going retail:D.

Upvote 0
It was going to be lowered seeing as pratically every fleshpound you shot at went on a wild killing spree. I think it should stay iun but should not happen so often, one in every ten would be good.

I also like the fp going berserk. The only times I don't like it is when you're alone and there are 4-5 infront of you and you have the risk of 2 going berserk. A good option would be allowing to change the frequency of berserkage for a specific round so it'd be 100% berserk for waves 7-8 and then a little less for the following waves. Of course with that said, if the fp weren't so difficult then the game could lose it's edge when we win too much.

Upvote 0
I never minded the rage. The most annoying was the double hit glitch. But I would have liked to have a bit more tolerance to the point before FPs charge at you. You can sit there all day and sink bullets into them if you meter your shots out, but one hit with any powerful weapon and they would charge you.

I don't know how the rage was coded, but it seemed to me to be based on dps rather than the remaining hp of the FP (which is what I would suggest). Sort of like a last charge.

Upvote 0
You could just write a mutator that changes the Fleshpounds rageThreashold from 360 to maxHP + maxHp;
This way you would have to kill it twice before it would rage XD

EDIT:
The Fleshpound on solo has [750 / 1500 / 2025 / 2625] health (each difficulty respectively). If you are playing with 6 players he has [1687.5 / 3375 / 4556.25 / 5906.25] which gets truncated (the decimals disappear, coding wise these are all ints). On a 60 man server he has [11812.5 / 23625 / 31893.75 / 41343.75]!!! Regardless of players or of difficulty he rages whenever he takes more then 360 damage within 2 seconds. So as you get better, level your perks and increasse the difficulty you are actually making it hard to kill him and he becomes more of a threat.

The best way to stop his rage (or increasse it) would be to edit the RageDamageThreshold (the code says its configurable XD). Now RageDamageThreshold is used to calculate when the Fleshpound will begin to charge at the player.

if (!bDecapitated && TwoSecondDamageTotal > RageDamageThreshold && !bChargingPlayer)
StartCharging();

So if he still has his head, isnt changing already and has not taken more then 360 damage in two seconds he will begin to change. !!!!!IMPORTANT NOTE!!!!! If he is already red you can put as many bullets as you want into him without causing him to rage longer, so making him rage after a level 5 medic can quickly take him down.

The best thing to do is just increasse or decreasse the RageDamageThreshold to any number you want, 0 I guess would keep him in rage mode 24/7, 1 would put him into a rage on ANY damage, and 80,000 would keep him out of rage mode on a 60 man server!

Other Info:

Rage Time
Min : [4.25 / 5 / 6.25 / 7.5]
Max : [9.35 / 11 / 13.75 / 16.5]

This chart basicly means on Beginner he will rage anywhere from 4.25 seconds to 9.35 seconds. This is regardless of the amount of players. FRand() returns a random float between 0.0 and 1.0. Use 0 for Level.TimeSeconds as that is only used to tell the game what time to stop his rage (where for us, regardless of where it starts, we want the duration). The DifficultyModifier is [0.85 / 1.0 / 1.25 / 1.5] respectivly.
RageEndTime = (Level.TimeSeconds + 5 * DifficultyModifier) + (FRand() * 6 * DifficultyModifier);

Legal:

All this info is on your computer so I hope TW wont hit me with a "this is our code don't share it with anyone" kinda thing. Also if you are wondering how I got the numbers so fast, Excel document I made =).

Last edited:
Upvote 0