• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF 1039 Update Patchnotes

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Balance Changes:
    • Hans Balance Tweaks
      • Hard
        • Damage Mod Increased to .75
        • Health Mod Decreased to .95
      • Suicidal
        • Damage Mod Increased to .95
        • Health Mod Decreased to 1.30
      • HOE
        • Health Mod Decreased to 1.7
    • Patriarch
      • Hard Difficulty
        • Increase health mod to 1.37
      • Suicidal Difficulty
        • Increase damage mod to 1.2
      • Hell on Earth
        • Increase damage mod to 1.4

Overall we felt that the Hans battle was still a bit too much of a shoot the shield fest so we have lowered his overall health. At the same time we have increased his damage slightly on some difficulties to decrease the chance of a long drawn out battle
    • Flashlight
      • Reduced drain on battery. Flashlight last for 2:05min (was 50sec)
      • Recharge speed increased to 17sec (was 25sec)
    • Night Vision
      • Reduced drain on battery. Night Vision last for 2:05min (was 25sec)
      • Recharge speed increased to 17sec (was 25sec)
    • Versus Mode:
      • Player controlled Bloats spawn less frequently in wave 1
      • Player Alpha
        • Increased Distance of Clot Grab
    • Boss Wave
      • Now spawn all ammo pickups during boss fights

Bug Fixes:
    • Shotguns & flamethrowers no longer are recorded as negative damage dealt in After Action Report
    • Fixed Menu UI Disappearing at Ready Up Menu while Joining In Progress Matches
    • Fixed spectator UI not appearing after death
    • Fixed an issue where if you were typing as you died, you would not be able to access any menus
    • Fixed when you change your perk in the trader menu, text and icons would not update to show the new perk
    • Fixed animations when sprinting to iron sights for certain weapons
    • Removed const off MaxMonsters in Spawn manager for mod support
    • Fixed Husk Exploding and damaging players before suicide animation ends
    • Fix for multiplayer achievements being unlocked in single player

This patch is a required client and server update and will be going live in the next few minutes.

Domi_y0;n2263852 said:
    Thanks for the update TWI.
    Any idea when we can expect the bigger update in which Zeds on Sui and HoE difficulty do block incoming attacks?

Due to the large nature of that change it will come with the next major content update. Trying to fit it into one of the QoL updates increases the chance of items breaking around it when merging it into the Staging branch which is now very different from the main branch (which contains the future items and code changes).

Reactions: [TW]schneidzekk
    Upvote 0
    Absolutely outstanding, all these changes are very welcome and definitely things I've been waiting for! Both the "all ammo" boss thing and decreasing health but increasing damage are excellent steps toward a better boss fight, I have been hoping for a long time for a shorter, but more intense boss fight. I wouldn't mind this being taken even further than now, but this should go a long way already! Thanks a lot! :D

Upvote 0
    Thanks!
    360fx360f-4da16a9.png

Upvote 0
    Hello: Im not sure if this has to do with the all ammo spawn on boss fight: but i had to kill The god damn hans man (seriously op if not medic/zerc/gun) I was a serker and i was down to my last pistol shot and killed him expecting an ammo box... i killed him but no ammo spawned after the initinal round... Is this intential i.e to make it harder for the more "hardcore" player base or a glitch?

Upvote 0
    Yoshiro;n2263848 said:
    Boss Wave
    • Now spawn all ammo pickups during boss fights

I didnt test it yet but I dont like this solution. An best solution would be to just disable weapon despaw, it would make the game more fun because players have more progression, they would need to improve game play in order to save money for better boss battle strategies. Seeing your weapon that you expend so much money on it desapers for no reason is bad game design.

Upvote 0
    DeadPlayer123;n2263901 said:
    I didnt test it yet but I dont like this solution. An best solution would be to just disable weapon despaw, it would make the game more fun because players have more progression, they would need to improve game play in order to save money for better boss battle strategies. Seeing your weapon that you expend so much money on it desapers for no reason is bad game design.

I have to disagree. It's an imperfect solution, but I dislike the idea that I have to improve my gameplay so that I can stockpile weapons on the boss wave. The idea of stockpiling weapons at the end because it takes too much to kill a boss is ridiculous to me.

Upvote 0