• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF 1039 Update Patchnotes

The update is nice but it kills the whole purpose of the flashlight. Its "useless" now. But the game kinda lacks really dark maps anyway.

I think the devs even promoted this before the release - with the destructible lights (due to the battle, siren scream, bad aiming) and the short life span of the flashlight battery, the players must change their spot because to the worsened visibility in their current one because the game (was) supposed to be really dark. This will never happen now with this basically endless battery...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
woww.. it's amazing..
o.png

Upvote 0
DeadPlayer123;n2263901 said:
I didnt test it yet but I dont like this solution. An best solution would be to just disable weapon despaw, it would make the game more fun because players have more progression, they would need to improve game play in order to save money for better boss battle strategies. Seeing your weapon that you expend so much money on it desapers for no reason is bad game design.

It may not be a perfect solution to the current struggles related to ammo on boss waves, however, nothing better is coming to mind. :)

I'm just happy to see TWI is trying to address one of the more annoying parts of the game right now.

Progress always brings a smile to my face.

While we're on the subject, I did want to say in my games last night I really didn't notice much of a difference regarding ammo spawns on boss wave.

However, it is worth noting my sample size is very small (1 game on Evac Point). Patty got through all of his healing stages - mainly due to the team wandering around trying to notice if we had a lot of ammo readily available as the patch indicated.

Are we sure this change is working? Just confirming.

Upvote 0
As has been said, though all the boxes spawn in at the beginning of the boss wave, none ever spawn again after.
But the map's weapons (and armor) do still keep respawning as long as you keep grabbing them.
With that, the already drawn out "last man standing vs boss" seems it will go from someone sustainably finding ammo for their onperk tier 4+3 to use, to resorting to sustainably finding offperk tier 1s to use, making it MORE drawn out.

I don't like the anti-clutch "just die already" mentality, but, if that's what you're going for through choking out players' sustainable supplies, half measures will only make things go even slower, you need to make it really hopeless with no respawning ammo OR weapons. Though even then, you're bound to get someone patient enough to try to melee or acidic compound him.

I'd prefer a way be found to make things go faster both ways, whether the last man wins or loses, with plenty of sustainable ammo for him to win reasonably fast if he does well, but something new working against him to increase likelihood of him losing fast if he makes a mistake.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I still heavily dislike the bullet spongyness of the bosses. Make them more aggressive, but give them less HP. Hans in particular is tediousness on legs. Either give him a very strong shield and little HP, or many HP with a weak shield. NOT. BOTH.

If I see a skilled Sharpshooter with all damage mods activated giving him a perfect headshot with the Railgun, I should see a substantial amount of hitpoints disappear into the void.

Patty is kinda okay (mostly due to his weakness to Nuke, which isn't even a legit tactic, it's just cheesy) but I really, really despise Hans. This needs to change. Cause it's no fun.

Upvote 0
Supporter's backpack bug still untouched. Very dissapointing. Keep on and I'll leave the community.

Many perk skill bugs, repeatedly reported by users, are going untouched. All they need is just some code tweaks.

Also confirmed a (new? not sure because I don't play gunslinger so often) bug on gunslinger - the rack up UI disappears each time I switch weapons.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Post game damage dealt still calculates incorrectly. Now all damage from overkilling is equal to 0, yes there's no more negative values yet pointblank shot with shotgun or some other heavy hitter counts as 0. You really have to limit deal damage by ZED's health value. If weapon does more damage than ZED has health it should use health as damage dealt value.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Rattler;n2263924 said:
The update is nice but it kills the whole purpose of the flashlight. Its "useless" now. But the game kinda lacks really dark maps anyway.

I think the devs even promoted this before the release - with the destructible lights (due to the battle, siren scream, bad aiming) and the short life span of the flashlight battery, the players must change their spot because to the worsened visibility in their current one because the game (was) supposed to be really dark. This will never happen now with this basically endless battery...

I think that too many people ultimately didn't care for that sort of thing (managing light as a resource).

I'm disappointed as well. I liked having to manage my light. Though I think it's cool that night vision got matched up to the same level of drain...

Upvote 0
I will not be mourning the death of the minute flashlight. That crap is from Half-Life 1 and I'm sick of seeing it in every game. It is still entirely possible to make dark maps. What KF1 did not have was multiple classes with NVG's. I still think they're mulling it over and I hope we see a new Bedlam type map soon.

Upvote 0
The ammo not re-spawning in an unintended side effect and we are working on a solution to that now.

As to flashlights, while the current settings may be on the high side, we can always dial it back but we wanted to try out what effect if any it would have on gameplay and people playing the darker maps (which get very little play right now).

Upvote 0
Yoshiro;n2264341 said:
The ammo not re-spawning in an unintended side effect and we are working on a solution to that now.

As to flashlights, while the current settings may be on the high side, we can always dial it back but we wanted to try out what effect if any it would have on gameplay and people playing the darker maps (which get very little play right now).

the flashlight should light a bigger area, but with less brightness. So the known "tunnel vision" is totally gone and people would enjoy it more. The less brightness for not blinding yourself if you use it for a longer time (2mins).

Upvote 0
Chyros;n2264423 said:
What don't you like about Catacombs? I think it's a pretty good map Oo .
I never play this map and some other maps like Farmhouse. Why? Because zerkwalling is boring. You don't need any light at all. Pub games have their famous spots and on some maps they are just boring. I like maps where you defend an area but you are still able to move, like Paris or Outpost.

Upvote 0
Chyros;n2264423 said:
What don't you like about Catacombs? I think it's a pretty good map Oo .

Its the map design. The camping spots are not balanced at all, and everybody goes to the known spot (stairs) and camps there for 10waves. And the darkness is another reason.
We could need some map overhaul, and change the areas, and make them equal to the other camping spots ( same goes to prison, outpost, Manor, Containment Station and Paris). Always the same camping spots...
Also the flashlight should light a bigger area, with slighty less brightness and a slighty less range.

Upvote 0