• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Keyboard and Mouse frozen in game

EasyEight

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 6, 2007
I just completed the upgrade and now both my keyboard and my mouse are frozen and will not respond in the game. I can load RO, select a game and go through the standard selection and load process, but when I enter the actual game all my controls lock up. I can see others move around, here sounds, etc., but the Map Option button displays [?] instead "O," and that's it. I have to hard Ctrl-Alt-Del and kill RO. How do I fix this??

Computer specifications please.

Have you verified the integrity of your RO game files ?

Set your game controls to default, then start a game in practice mode.
Quit the game and see if your keyboard and mouse work when you restart !

Report back if needed, someone will try and help.

Upvote 0
I am getting this as well - also when the game is loading clicking the mouse or hitting a key does not skip me past the TW/Unreal/AMD ads. In the menu the mouse works OK but once I'm in game I get the exact same thing as Easy8 reported.

The user.ini file looks OK and I even replaced it with a backup user.ini from way back and verified the game twice but no dice I'm afraid.

*edit* deleting clientregistry.blob doesn't help either I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've been having basically the same problem with my mouse, but it is not only in Steam (though it is in every game on it). It also happens, much more rarely mind you, in Company of Heroes for me. My keyboard still works fine, but it seems like my mouse will randomly die in the middle of the game, but it works perfectly fine on the desktop. I'll try deleting the clientregistry.blob though.

Upvote 0
I unplugged webcam, scanner and printer rebooted - no joy.

Deleted Clientregistry.blob and restarted Steam - still couldn't click out of the loading screens. Went into config and noticed all key mappings were gone so I put them in manually.

With that done I was able to call the menu by using esc but still could not move my player in-game or use the mouse to change my viewpoint when speccing.

I recently had a serious crash when using some very memory intensive 3D renderiung software.

Gonna try cleaning my registry and seeing what that does.

Upvote 0
Nestor,

No, that might not resolve the problem, (you can if you want, thats up to you).

What mouse/keyboard are you using.
Drivers, updated or supplied ?
USB or PS2.

Have you tried setting your controls to Default while playing in practice mode ?
Quit game and Steam, restart and try again !

We can only but try.

Upvote 0
Yup, re-installing didn't work.

Got a new mouse recently. Keyboard is old

But I got a good few games in on the new mouse before it went everything stopped working.

I am totally out of ideas - I will try looking for a new driver or even using another mouse but I don't think it'll help.

*Edit* - did what you said and it worked this time. thx

Last edited:
Upvote 0