• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

key bindings ?

snake byte..

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 27, 2006
FOXHOLE NEAR YOU
well all was well up till last night joined a server started to play. i went to go prone nothing happened.. thought it was a bug with that server so i went to another server same thing. so i checked my key binds all was as before, i use mouse button 4 to go prone it was still the key in the game controller menu thought i'd check the battery level all was well but put new batteries in just in case. still the same problem as before went into the menu to change the keybind tried to put mouse button 4 as prone nothing it was as if the menu never recognised mouse button 4 i have been using that bind for 5 months without problems anyone else having problems with this. btw im using a logitech mouse. all other games i play still recognise that button so it is not a fault with the mouse.

Reading your post gave me a headache. Think about punctiation bro...

Anyway, you can try to set that button to an unused keyboard key. Works like a charm form me.
Although I do get some anomalies sometimes and my reload button doesn't work (also button 4).
This doesn't happen in RO alone. SOmetimes other games don't respond either on a press of button 4

I have an MX500 (8 buttons)

Logitech drivers are kind a dodgy if you ask me.

Upvote 0
I had a similar problem to this a various points during the free weekend. For whatever reason, randomly my mouse wheel wouldn't repond (causing big problems for iron sights, or changing views in tanks) even though it was bound in the controls config menu. then randomly after a new game sometimes it would come back.

Try setting your mousewheel to "Middle button". It still functions as a scrollwheel but seems to work better in some games.

Upvote 0
sorry Rrralphster for the lack of punctuation, i was probably a bit pissed at the time of typing. no matter what i tried at the time the menu just wouldn't recognise mouse button 4.
I was starting to think it was a core conspiricy, as i was on core euro and kicking ass;) either that or the wild bunch getting me back:)... but i switched off my comp waited for 30 mins and went back into the menu and all was well, i could bind mouse4 no prob..:confused: thanks guys for your answers. i can now go prone but still get killed with the same regularity. so any help would be most helpfull:D

Upvote 0