• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Katana

This is just a slight concern. It occurs to me that, unless I'm mistaken, the katana is pretty much better in every way than the crovel. This isn't a bad thing exactly, but it's weird that as a berzerker I immediately ditch my tier 1 weapon for an off-perk weapon. The katana weighs less, costs very little and is still extremely good.
Of course if you're planning on increasing the price later on then that'd probably be fine.

Oh I mean yeah. But it's weird that as a berzerker I immediately take to using another perk's weapon.
It's not even like those weird multi-perk combos in the first game. As soon as I can get it it pretty much becomes my primary weapon.

Actually if it were perk-less it would make some sense. Being a weapon of another perk just makes it weird.
Again though, this isn't really a problem, just kinda odd.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I tend to primary. The thing about the crovel is that it's really slow compared to the katana. And alt makes it even slower of course. Not saying that the crovel is useless now, but the katana just works so much better for me. It also fits better into my loadouts; weighs less and whatnot.
If I take the eviscerator, I only have space for the crovel or the katana (in terms of melee weapons) and katana is always the better choice for me.

Upvote 0