• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Kar98 non-hooded sights screenshots

DarkestEvil

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 30, 2011
INGALAND
Yo, lots of people were confused or interested in the removal of the hooded sights on the kar98 and i just leveled up to 50 (partly thanks to the messed up stats lululul) so here it is:

rogame2011-09-2318-09-42-78.jpg

rogame2011-09-2318-10-25-60.jpg

rogame2011-09-2318-10-05-59.jpg

Unfortunately there isn't any option to revert back to the original sights after you unlock it, so you better hope you prefer these to the originals. Also look how clean that **** is, 'weapon condition' says it's 'select grade'. Mang, i believe dat.

Last edited:
Tripwire, why do you insist on fking with my precious Karabiner?

First the forced bayonett, now THIS?! A DOWNGRADE?!

Sighthood blows in real-life imo. Glad to see it off as an option please.

Although i'm probably not the only person who would prefer to spawn with a random condition gun rather than the same one everytime. But i don't care about levelling up or whatevers.

Upvote 0
Sighthood blows in real-life imo. Glad to see it off as an option please.

Although i'm probably not the only person who would prefer to spawn with a random condition gun rather than the same one everytime. But i don't care about levelling up or whatevers.
Have you ever fired a gun? There is a reason why sighthoods exists, there was a reason why K98's got them. They vastly reduce glare and make aiming so much easier.

Reactions: D3terioNation
Upvote 0
Tripwire, why do you insist on fking with my precious Karabiner?

First the forced bayonett, now THIS?! A DOWNGRADE?!
Yeah ... removing the sight hood IS a downgrade. K98s only lacked the sight hood early in the war, and they were added sometime around 1942 I believe, so it makes absolutely no sense to lose the sight hood with time ...

Sigh.

Upvote 0
you can remove the sighthood on any kar with some telephone pliers. It gives a clearer sight picture so imho its a good upgrade. I rather have a weapon remove the sighthood than obtain a MP40-II or MKB42.
I disagree. the sighthood's metal itself is thin enough to not have any impact on sight picture, especially not at normal (200-500) ranges.

Pics incoming
dsc00413hw.jpg

Sorry for not having aligned it properly, was not easy to keep steady with my knees.

Last edited:
Reactions: The_Emperor
Upvote 0