• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Kar98 non-hooded sights screenshots

jahxu.jpg

What's that on the left part of the desk? Is it...toilet paper? :D

By the way, what year is your K98k produced and at what factory? I have a 1939 Radom. Hell of a rifle

Reactions: LMAOser and Raneman
Upvote 0
What's that on the left part of the desk? Is it...toilet paper? :D

By the way, what year is your K98k produced and at what factory? I have a 1939 Radom. Hell of a rifle

Pssst...

you're bumping a dead thread.

And Zoring hasn't been on in a week.

And your name sounds like an 8 year old came up with it.

And you're a bad person.

Upvote 0
From what I understand, when you see a k98 without a sight hood, it is not certain WHY it is absent. After the war, the Russians of course captured a ****load of k98s. They were considered as surplus armaments, and so they were trimmed of everything that was not necessary. Sight hoods, some of the locking screws that they deemed "unnecessary" and and most famously the cleaning rod were all melted down. Did regular German Soldiers remove the sight hoods on their k98s to give them a better sight picture? I don't know the definitive answer, prolly. But I think it is possible that through some misconception born of TWI's know-it-all mentality they made it a common theme.

Upvote 0