• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

k 98 greanade launcher

LOL. People are against adding them because they'd be abused?

Again.... LOL.

Add them, and make them behave realistically. I have full confidence that Tripwire will get it right. They've done every other infantry weapon pretty damn well.

All they would do is give one or two soldiers on the battlefiled a mini-mortar. Woopiedo!

Not to mention a small amount of Anti-tank ability.

Upvote 0
Rameusb5 said:

Again.... LOL.

Add them, and make them behave realistically. I have full confidence that Tripwire will get it right.

Yes, that is also my oppinion. Because other games made rifle grenades arcady so it doesn't have to be applied to RO.

The kar 98 launcher had several problems:
- slow rate of fire due to wooden launcher cartridges
- difficult to aim
- inaccurate
- weak ammuniton

It was a common weapon on the battlefield with over 1 million produced launchers and millions grenades.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree with those who think there are other issues that should be prioritized before adding new stuff.
But I beleive Rifle nades would work out just fine... just as good as normal nades.
Rifle nades are not for any good use at close combat anyway (cause of reloadtime and better alternatives), so I beleive that those who select the class wount waste their time trying to missuse it (unless they are completely noobs, but then again, they get fed up by dieng trying to missuse them :D)

If RO wher to have such a class, I would prefer 2-4 nades, 1 AT, and 2-3 HE (depending on map)
The animation dont have to be THAT perfect... Its the time to mount/unmount the mechanizm which I would prefer as most important.

I beleive that use of mortars should be prioritized before riflenades. Either stationary heavy mortar emplacements, or portable light mortar.
(depending on map)
What do you guys think?

Upvote 0
Rameusb5 said:

Again.... LOL.

Add them, and make them behave realistically. I have full confidence that Tripwire will get it right. They've done every other infantry weapon pretty damn well.

All they would do is give one or two soldiers on the battlefiled a mini-mortar. Woopiedo!

Not to mention a small amount of Anti-tank ability.

Please, next you're gonna suggest that normal hand grenades should do damage to tanks, much like in Battlefield. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I think it would be better to leave out rifle grenades for now and have them implemented in a future RO possibly using the UE 3.5 I imagine where it can be used much more realistically as well as the proceedure of loading the grenade into the rifle. What I want right now is deployable mortors, they are simpler to set up and are much more effective.

Upvote 0
Nope thy had up to 125mm armor penitration thy used heat rounds for AT perpouses...
The four main german AT rifle granades where...
Gewehrpanzergranate 30 had about 25mm armor penitration.
grosse Gewehrpanzergranate Had about 70mm penitration. -(most commen AT rifle nade)
------- 24 million granades of these two types where made.

(SS) Gewehrpanzergranate 46 was a Waffen SS develiped granade wich had 90mm penitration
(SS) Gewehrpanzergranate 61 was another SS develiped granade that had a 125mm penitration. Both the "46" and "61" where used in limited numbers durring the last few months of the war.

Another commen AT granade was the Hafthohlladung but this was a reguler Granade.

Upvote 0
As it stands, combined arms assaults on open maps are far from the accounts I have read IRL. Part of this has to do with the fact that 16 vs. 16 is a limitation on realism on the open maps, as the objectives are spread out and at least 8 soldiers are in tanks. I would like to see a map which concentrates a 1 tank, 1 apc assault on a single fortified farmhouse. If I could design maps, I'd do it myself, but it's beyond my meagre computing skills.

In attacking fortified farmhouses, many of which were built on a rise on the steppe, mortars were obviously extremely useful, and rifle grenades would provide an interesting support component, together with MG fire. The ability to accurately place a direct fire munition through a window or doorway from 200m would be a useful tactical addition IMO.

Upvote 0
paulus1975 said:
As it stands, combined arms assaults on open maps are far from the accounts I have read IRL. Part of this has to do with the fact that 16 vs. 16 is a limitation on realism on the open maps, as the objectives are spread out and at least 8 soldiers are in tanks. I would like to see a map which concentrates a 1 tank, 1 apc assault on a single fortified farmhouse. If I could design maps, I'd do it myself, but it's beyond my meagre computing skills.

In attacking fortified farmhouses, many of which were built on a rise on the steppe, mortars were obviously extremely useful, and rifle grenades would provide an interesting support component, together with MG fire. The ability to accurately place a direct fire munition through a window or doorway from 200m would be a useful tactical addition IMO.

Great idea, those kind of maps would be good in pubs.

Upvote 0
Mobius One said:
Please, next you're gonna suggest that normal hand grenades should do damage to tanks, much like in Battlefield. :rolleyes:

The Germans had HEAT RG's, which could penetrate armor, just like the Panzerfaust (though not nearly the same penetration or explosive power).

Perhaps you should do some homework before trying to make others look bad, so that you don't instead...

Upvote 0