• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

k 98 greanade launcher

aesdana said:
So besides having the superior MG42 wich owns the russian mg class, you want german infantry to have freakin grenades on the rifles? :Dlmao

If this was what happened in "real life" then what should a "realistic sim" try and accomplish if not a realistic computerised representation of war the eastern front?

As others have said, the Soviets had rifle grenades as well, although I don't know how common they were in rifle and motorised rifle divisions. In Close Combat III the Germans use their rifle grenades automatically when the appropriate target presents itself. In my experience these have been AT positions, bunkers, MG nests, buildings, light armour.

I can't specifically remembering the Soviets using rifle grenades but then I played mostly as the Germans.

Upvote 0
paulus1975 said:
If this was what happened in "real life" then what should a "realistic sim" try and accomplish if not a realistic computerised representation of war the eastern front?
This is from the devs viewpoint a multiplayer two side game. Nomatter how hard of a "simulation" you think of it, the opposite sides have to be somewhat balanced. They might put grenades in but they would be available to both sides (unless the side without nades got something else).

And btw, I already play german 90% of the time because of the Mg42, and if the german infantry also got nades on the rifles, I would play them 100%. I hope all servers put autobalance on in that case;)

Upvote 0
aesdana said:
This is from the devs viewpoint a multiplayer two side game. Nomatter how hard of a "simulation" you think of it, the opposite sides have to be somewhat balanced. They might put grenades in but they would be available to both sides (unless the side without nades got something else).

It's not my oppinion. In my oppinion the weapon should be modeled as realistic as possible. It's the job of the mapper to balance it for a challenging experiance

Upvote 0
If they were used in Russia WW2 and they could be realisticaly put into the game then yeh put em in

And for all those that say

"rofl now its extremely unfair on the Russians"

News Flash

WW2 was Never Fair

So just add em

Personally I would like the tracers on the MG's removed
and the mussel flash increased, because i love the MG's but you shoot like 5-10 shots and you have been spotted and sniped :(

Upvote 0
Macnabit said:
Personally I would like the tracers on the MG's removed
and the mussel flash increased, because i love the MG's but you shoot like 5-10 shots and you have been spotted and sniped :(

(Sorry to hijack this thread.)

I don't think tracers should be removed. Tracers were used in LMGs of the time and they should be in game. I disagree with making the muzzle flashes larger. Hollywood has a tendancy to over exagerate (everything) muzzleflashes in movies (probably because they are using blanks which are pure powder). In fact I think MF should be smaller (may help with your spotting issue). Granted RO:OST is more realistic (when it comes to MF) than other games, but the rifles I've shot or own (Mauser, m38, 91/30, etc...) they really produce more smoke than flash. Flash is really visible in low light situations but during the day its not as noticible.

Upvote 0
There was one rifle granade launcher per german infantry squad, four squads to a platoon (atlest 1941 to mid-1943), three platoons per company. So theres 12 rifle granade launchers in a company (nine in the late-1943 to 1945 set up).
Three companys to a battalion, so we have 27 to 36 rifle granade launchers in a battalion.

each "grenadier" has one or two bags of 15 granades each thy also held the cartreages nessary to fire them. So relisticly one could have 30 rifle granades... (a mix of HE, HEAt, and a few other types (smoke, message, leaflet, ect...))
http://www.inert-ord.net/ger03a/gerrg2/becher/index.html

Upvote 0