• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Just a minor change to AK47, not statwise

First we gave you skins for your characters which, to begin with, all had "trendy" fingerless gloves, NOW, we give you, new skins for your weapons! For the low low price of $1 you can now change the skins of the weapons you hold!

i think he means remap the key bindings not remap/revamp/reskin the weapon textures lol

unless im wrong but thats the impression i got.

Upvote 0
Yes you can using something like:
1=getweapon kfmod.example
Bej-Bej said:
It's actually just "getweapon kfmod.syringe".

Also, everything else you could possibly want.

Getweapon KFMod.

AA12AutoShotgun
AK47AssaultRifle
Bullpup
Crossbow
Deagle
DualDeagle
Flamethrower
Axe
Chainsaw
Katana
Machete
Syringe
Knife
BoomStick
LAW
M32GrenadeLauncher
Shotgun
Winchester
M14EBRBattleRifle
M79GrenadeLauncher
Mp7MedicGun
PipeBombExplosive
ScarMK17AssaultRifle
Single
Also another relavent post by bej-bej an assigning multiple single calls to one button:
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=541345#post541345[/URL]

Upvote 0
No to this one, because most ppl buy a SCAR along with AK so youd have them both on 4th slot ...

Like said before, there should be an option of remapping the weaponslots yourself so you can choose which slot draws which weapon.

I think editing the .ini files had some problem regarding the handcannons tho?

How would this be any worse than aa12 and hunting for support?

Its not worse, its the same. I dont like having hunting shotty and AA12 in same slot either, same way as I wouldnt like having scar/ak in same slot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No to this one, because most ppl buy a SCAR along with AK so youd have them both on 4th slot ...

Like said before, there should be an option of remapping the weaponslots yourself so you can choose which slot draws which weapon.

I think editing the .ini files had some problem regarding the handcannons tho?

Its not worse, its the same. I dont like having hunting shotty and AA12 in same slot either, same way as I wouldnt like having scar/ak in same slot.

Maybe if we keep talking about it the devs might change it I mean is it really that hard I mean every other game does it (that i know of)

Upvote 0
What bothers me with the weapons placement behaviour is that depending on the order in which you bought them, you can actually have them in a different order on the mouse wheel/numbered key.

ie: I start as a ss lvl 6 get the xbow, switch to medic get the medigun. At this point the medigun is first, xbow second. if i sell the xbow to buy it again (if the replacement ammo costs more than 100), their position will be switched.

I usually drop the xbow 2nd wave and take it back immediately, to have it after the medigun, still it's bothersome.

ofc same thing with the ak/scar when going commando.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I believe you can just set three buttons like this:

2=getweapon kfmod.shotgun|getweapon kfmod.bullpup|getweapon kfmod.Mp7MedicGun
3=getweapon kfmod.boomstick|getweapon kfmod.AK47AssaultRifle|getweapon kfmod.crossbow
4=getweapon kfmod.AA12AutoShotgun|getweapon kfmod.ScarMK17AssaultRifle|getweapon kfmod.M14EBRBattleRifle

this would separate them into their own button (and you could use different buttons you have not assigned yet so you don't overwrite the keys you are used to using)

and you can press 2 (or three, or four) to get whichever of these you have (note if you have more than one of these only the last one in the string would be available so if you have both shotgun and the mp7, pressing one you get you the mp7).
You could also set aliases like mentioned in the like to bej-bej's thread but it is much harder to do.

Upvote 0
IMO they should implant Quick Weapon Switching just like in Source games.
It's alot easier and quicker to scroll / press the numbers without having to click to confirm your selection.

They have actually got this in, its called "last weapon used", you can bind it in the controls screen. I personally use 1 and 2 to go to next and previous weapon and queue them up on "Last weapon Used" (which is Q since I have little problem getting to my healer and healing myself anyway).

I find weapon swapping causes me little problems at all... except that grenades for some reason count as a "Last weapon used" so if you use one you can't swap to your other weapon :/

Upvote 0