• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Jucha port

szkoda

Nov 21, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Hey guys, I'm working on porting Jucha from the mod into Ostfront. 99% of the structural things are finished, just a few misc. things need textured and touched up. I'm encountering a weird problem whenever I play the level in game. I am able to walk in the air as you can see in the screenshot. Many areas are also blocked off by invisible walls. Does this have anything to do with the many volumes that are within the map? Thanks and I hope you guys enjoy! :D

Shot00008.jpg

Uuh how about not calling the map that?? Bet its not similar to the original anyways..
It's the same effing map! EVERYTHING is ported over from the original...
Well it looks great to me hope you can get this map out.-:)
One question: there appears to be a few Ro mod static meshes like the Opel blitz and the shielded flak 36's in the back is that allowed?-:confused:
Many of this map's static meshes are custom made by Rich Black (the mapper). I asked for his permission to port it so that should include all meshes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
is there an actual law that specifically says it is illegal?

think of it like plagiarism.....as long as you quote the source there should be no problem. it is not like he is ripping the guy off since nothing is going to be changed, and if the guy isn't going to make himself available to ask his permission then that is his own fault. he is actually doing the guy a favor by giving his map some publicity considering nobody is even playing the mod anymore.

Upvote 0
is there an actual law that specifically says it is illegal?

think of it like plagiarism.....as long as you quote the source there should be no problem. it is not like he is ripping the guy off since nothing is going to be changed, and if the guy isn't going to make himself available to ask his permission then that is his own fault. he is actually doing the guy a favor by giving his map some publicity considering nobody is even playing the mod anymore.

so, if im doing a nike sneaker and sell it, but quoting that it is supposed to be Nike im fine? :D
Something IS changed. Simply due to the fact that map files in UT are not the same as in RO.

It's hardly up to you to guess the intentions of Heisher.
You might want to read up on IP and copyright (http://www.wipo.int/freepublications/en/intproperty/909/wipo_pub_909.pdf).

Upvote 0