• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Joining as a spectator

Nezzer

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Porto Alegre, RS
Any RO1 vet must remember the trick to join full servers by joining as a spectator and waiting for someone to leave while spectating others. I used to do this all the time and it spared me from having to refresh the browser hundreds of times before I could join a full server.

But now in RO2, if you join as a spectator, you remain a spectator unless you reconnect as a player. You can join a team, but the class selection menu won't open and you'll never spawn. It's a minor thing, but it makes joining full servers much more annoying and difficult, especially for people with slow PCs (many people must have already waited for the entire map to download just to notice they lost their slot).

Could TWI do something about this? Must be an easy fix and I'd love to see this "feature" coming back.

Last edited:
I don't know why I took so long to post this, as it's been annoying me for a long time. It really sucks when you are loading a map for 30 seconds and getting a "server is full" message only after the map is completely loaded.

I'd also like to add an idea to reserve our slot as soon as we click "join server" instead of only after completely loading the map. It's a pain to load big maps with a slow PC on full servers.

Upvote 0