• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Join us on Reddit!

The Tripwire Interactive forums will always be the message board. /r/KillingFloor is fan run entirely.
It's great you say that when someone who is "Tripwire Interactive Staff" creates the thread promoting it.
I'm sorry you guys don't like reddit. I hated it when it started too - same with Digg. There's ~4600 of us that like it and happen to like Killing Floor enough to subscribe its subreddit, though!
"I hate it when it started too."

Go away.

The fact that you're already diverting- oh wait. There's only no more than ~10 people on your KF reddit page online simultaneously. Nevermind, keep up the "good work". Hopefully you don't divert any more than those 10 people.

Upvote 0
This wasn't TWI's doing, and I apologize if you thought that. This is something I did in my free time and we (as in the Reddit mods and myself) would like to have some more discussion on the subreddit. It's more of a quick-look news outlet for people like me and others that use Reddit a lot. :)
Someone linked me this post.

I missed this post.

This makes a lot more sense.

I don't disagree with that, but to immediately hop on the hate-train and dismiss reddit as "cancer" is not the right way to go about it. I'm not trying to convince you guys to use and enjoy reddit, but to stop dismissing reddit as a bad way to help promote the game and community growth beyond these forums that are mainly used only by the most hardcore TWI fans.
I think you're selling people's opinions short because you don't think we've used it. I tried it out and actually used the board for Killing Floor (the one that is being promoted in this thread) for a little while. I didn't really care for it.

Which really is my opinion about Reddit as a whole; I don't care for it. I was under the impression that, because a TWI Staff member made a thread about the board, that it was going to be where the dev team would start posting updates. However, as I pointed out earlier in this post, I missed Shuu's post of it not being an official thing and just pointing out that there's a board that looks reeel purty that people can chat on.

Upvote 0
There's only no more than ~10 people on your KF reddit page online simultaneously. Nevermind, keep up the "good work". Hopefully you don't divert any more than those 10 people.

I figured I'd offer an explanation of how reddit works with regards to this. Very rarely do most users actually visit independent subreddits. The majority of those some ~4600 users will see the /r/KillingFloor posts and threads via their frontpage and multireddits. They will come to the subreddit when they view the comments on a post. The active user numbers are fuzzed, both higher and lower, and users are only counted viewing the subreddit specifically. Therefore it's always much, much lower than the number of subscribers.

The larger a subreddit becomes, the more threads are posted, and exponentially the more users will remain active on it at once. This also corresponds to activity in the subject, which besides the announcement for KF2 has been pretty low for /r/KillingFloor. We're all eagerly awaiting.

So, to sum it up: by the nature of how reddit works, very few users are actually on the subreddit itself at once, but many, many more are seeing the content from it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I figured I'd offer an explanation of how reddit works with regards to this. Very rarely do most users actually visit independent subreddits. The majority of those some ~4600 users will see the /r/KillingFloor posts and threads via their frontpage and multireddits. They will come to the subreddit when they view the comments on a post. The active user numbers are fuzzed, both higher and lower, and users are only counted viewing the subreddit specifically. Therefore it's always much, much lower than the number of subscribers.

The larger a subreddit becomes, the more threads are posted, and exponentially the more users will remain active on it at once. This also corresponds to activity in the subject, which besides the announcement for KF2 has been pretty low for /r/KillingFloor. We're all eagerly awaiting.

So, to sum it up: by the nature of how reddit works, very few users are actually on the subreddit itself at once, but many, many more are seeing the content from it.
I figured you meant 4600 people were actively looking at the board, that makes more sense though.

Upvote 0