• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Join us on Reddit!

The Red Orchestra subreddit also uses the same CSS theme, but it's not as well customized:
http://www.reddit.com/r/redorchestra

I believe that a heavier presence on reddit can only help TWI with the upcoming release of KF2. Less dedicated fans will be more likely to comment on the very popular site, and can help keep the hype up.

Yes sir! We're using "Naut" which is an amazing reddit base theme that offers a lot of customization options and looks generally better than the default reddit theme. Since Reddit now supports CSS3, it's allowed us to do some cool animation triggers and events (like the Horzine logo popping in on thread hovers!)

Glad you guys like it!

Upvote 0
Hello,

what do we need something like reddit for? We already have the forums here and gameshub discussions for every title on Steam. :confused:

It's better at getting the discussions going outside of the TWI forums bubble and groupthink. It's also a good way to share and discuss media along with other people's content. And because of how reddit prioritizes new submissions, it keeps discussions fresh instead of always bumping the same threads.

Reddit serves a very different purpose than what forums do. I believe it's important to use both. This is why it was a gigantic mistake when Hi-Rez Studios abandoned their forums in favor of only using their subreddits. Their community really ripped them a new one then.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reddit is a terrible place and I feel bad that Twi committed resources to this.

Too many people criticize Reddit for the default subs that make the front page. These people don't understand that Reddit is what you make of it. Once you make an account, it's wise to unsubscribe from most of the defaults and subscribe to subreddits that interest you. For example, one of my favorite subreddits is /r/skeptic which is a great place to discuss a wide variety of scams, shams, and conspiracy theories with no evidence to support them. The skeptic community is one of my favorites out there.

I love the Reddit community I have formed for myself to interact with. You should feel bad for criticizing a website you most likely don't seem to understand.

Upvote 0
Too many people criticize Reddit for the default subs that make the front page. These people don't understand that Reddit is what you make of it. Once you make an account, it's wise to unsubscribe from most of the defaults and subscribe to subreddits that interest you. For example, one of my favorite subreddits is /r/skeptic which is a great place to discuss a wide variety of scams, shams, and conspiracy theories with no evidence to support them. The skeptic community is one of my favorites out there.

I love the Reddit community I have formed for myself to interact with. You should feel bad for criticizing a website you most likely don't seem to understand.
Nice projecting, but that has nothing to do with my distaste for reddit. What irks me about the place is the "upvote culture" in which an individual's worth is measured by the number of times someone has clicked the thumbs-up button. While this may seem innocuous enough it incentivizes people to post what they think they can get the most upvotes for, and this fosters a herd mentality. It's content aggregation meets mob rule that very subtly manipulates people into changing their thoughts and opinions to fit that of the masses.

The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those that think alike, than those that think differently. - Friedrich Nietzsche
This is exactly what reddit does, and I'm terrified of the potential long-term effects.

EDIT: Re-reading your post, I noticed that your words encapsulate my point perfectly, though I do think the ad-hominem was uncalled for.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey guys, let's keep this on topic. This is about the /r/KillingFloor subreddit. If you aren't a fan of Reddit, please just pass on this thread and keep on trucking. I'd rather keep this positive and about the awesome Reddit community we have on /r/KillingFloor!
We are on topic, we're talking about the cancer that reddit, and by proxy, a killing floor subreddit will bring. If you need to see the effects of reddits involvement in a game community, go visit the warframe forums. If you don't come back with leukemia, I would be surprised.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I'm a moderator of the /r/KillingFloor subreddit. I understand the dislike for reddit's voting system and the problems it can cause. I empathize with the worry about posts being tailored by users specifically to get high amounts of upvotes. It's a problem built into the system, and there's little we can do about it.

However, the problem really only drastically affects larger subreddits. In a small one like /r/KillingFloor, the community is much more tightly nit, and you'd be hard pressed to even get 50 points on a submission or comment. Combined with the 24 hour visibility lock on scores, you get a lot less biased and overwhelmingly hiveminded voting.

Would the problem get worse if the subreddit grew much larger? Sure, but all problems are exacerbated by a growing userbase.

Our moderation is there to help protect users from abuse. We can't force the hands of the voters, and we wouldn't want to. Reddit's not for everyone, and that's fine! It's just another community for this great game.

I think Tripwire communicating with any large community based on their game is a good thing.

Upvote 0