• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Join the Red Orchestra League!

Do you like to scrim? Play in regular tournaments? Join the Red Orchestra League today!

The ROLeague sports three servers for our main tournament, the RO Tour. One resides on the US East Coast, one in western Europe, and a public server for recruiting!

Tour matches are played once a week, and stats per match and career are recorded. There are other matches too, such as the TWB-sponsored Red Tide tanking tournament. Coming soon will be the Deadeye sniping tourny!

Every week, different clans from the ROLeage sponsor a fight night on their respective servers dedicated to all aspects of Red Orchestra. There are fight nights for Darkest Hour, Mare Nostrum, Carpathian Crosses, and Clan-Only combat!

The ROLeague site is also a useful tool to contact clan leaders, schedule scrims, or meet a bunch of new people who also love to play Red Orchestra!

Each TOUR the number of clans keeps growing! If your clan is interested, don't hesitate to visit http://www.roleague.com/index.php!

just to add, while times are listed in USA eastern standard, this isn't just a USA league. this is designed to be strictly international and is open to clans regardless of where they are located. we currently have players and clans from both the US and from Europe and are finding it relatively easy to play matches on weekends with plenty of players and acceptable ping for both teams.

Upvote 0
Can the new league rules (not generic rules but rules for the tour) be made public, for my clan and probably others its important to know if we like things enough to join.

Last time i got baptised for suggesting changes, with a load of people attacking me for that. But that still doesn't change that i and others want to know if old issues have been resolved, and if we should consider joining tour2 or whatever.

Like what happens serverwise when a european clan and american clan play against each other?, i believe you guys have an euro server now so how is everything managed. Forcing europeans to play all matches against americans on an american server or visa versa leads to a default victory/loss with equal teams.

Before i want to try out something i want to know what the hell i would be trying out for.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
all the info for the clan events is public and has been since the start...these pages were added more than 2 months ago to get them out of the forums hence the forum section being hidden.....check the left sidebar and click on the event of your choice to view rules/format regarding that particular event. the changes for TOUR:2 agreed upon by the council were updated well before the start of the season 3 weeks ago.....

ROTOUR:
http://www.roleague.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=25

REDTIDE:
http://www.roleague.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=26

TOUR:2 is already under and will end in aprox. 9 weeks. REDTIDE WAVE:1 was just completed this past week and a new side tournament is being voted on to begin signups hopefully within the next 10 days. There has also been some interest in adding a "ladderish" event that would just be recorded scrims for those clans wanting some extra play during the off days. no indepth player stats or screenshots, just the basics....team points/wins/losses/ties/rounds won&lost. That way clans joining mid-season of other events can still participate and have records kept in something.

hope this helps

Upvote 0
Thank you for the information, ill check some things out later.

How can i acces these rules from the main page though (in the future), the rules used to be in the forums section of rotour and since that became unaccessable i thought the rules were still there. I cannot seem to find how to acces that ruleset from the main navigation of the site ;o.

Here are some questions, i got upon first readthrough (once again i'm not trying to do anything bad by asking these questions i just think that more clans than the one i'm in are interested in the answers):

Considering every map is played for 2 rounds and that the home and away team can pick for one map at what side they begin, i presume that both sides will be played by both teams? Nvm i found the answer it is yes.

Second question, what prevention do you have against unfair play, be it cheating, or playing under a false identity. And how do you ensure that cheaters stay away and do not just get back with a different name?

Earlier on some individual tankers felt like playing under the same banner and joining the red tide tournament but its invite by the wild bunch only. What are terms for people to be given invites.

In the case of a double attack map, like baksanvalley. Will the default tiebrake system be used to determine the winner. (Aka if caps are even for both teams the team with most points (aka most people in the capzone at moment of cap and most mg resupplies will win?)

Is there a way to enforce the amount of players like 6v6 or 7v7 8v8 like a week before the match so that teams can base their tactics etc off a set amount of people?.

in the server section
>> For NA vs. Western EU (UK, France, Portugal, Spain), the ROLeague #1 USA Match Server will be used.
>> For NA vs. Central/Eastern EU (Germany, Netherlands, Demark, Poland etc...), the ROLeague #2 Match Server will be used.

Wouldn't it be more fair to make a distinction between east and west coast usa clans too?
And concerning uk, france and NL have direct crossatlantic lines. Wouldn't it be more fair to let them play on the usa server. And portugese and spanish people on the european one (they get rerouted through one of the earlier named countries)?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
to find information about events, simply look down the left side bar (visible on all pages of the site) and you'll see a section that is titled "Clan Events" with banners for ROTOUR and REDTIDE. click on the one you want and it will take you to its homepage that has standings, stats, schedules, maplist, and rules/format.

we can only use what is availible to prevent cheating, that is VAC and the anti-bs mutator plus locking down the server with a password that only League clan members have access to. now that we'll have serverside demo for all matches, if anyone makes any accusations that is at least something to have. cheaters are perma banned from the server and website...pretty simple. the server logs record ips and names and information can be retrieved if a player needs to be banned. we do not require players to give ids. clan leaders should be responsible enough and HONEST enough to act like a human being and do what they know is right and make sure only their members are playing. if people want to nick fake then let them act like little children. if any of the clans would have had any doubt that people would be doing that and really cared about it, they would have, and can suggest to have to go through the hassle of getting every single player to give their id and have admins check every single match as a precaution. nobody has brought it up yet because the people here feel that they can trust each other to not act so immaturely.

the REDTIDE event, like all other ROLeague events, are open to ALL accepted clans participating in ROLeague who wish to play. When TWB submitted their rules for the event the meaning was that only ROLeague Clans would be invited. We were not going to change anything already written down until the season had ended. We now have well laid out guidelines for clan and sponsored events as found in the League rules http://www.roleague.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=25.

of course, all default tiebreak rules for duel attacking maps. that is correct.

with servers/clans/pings.....there is no such thing as an eastcoast or westcoast USA clan. that would be like saying there is an east france team and a west france team. a country is a country and people (no offense, but this is mainly directed at europeans since that is usually where this becomes an issue) need to understand that USA teams can have members from 4 different timezones, actually SiN for example has members from New York to Alaska so 5 time zones!, and they are from all over the continent. that is just something that comes with having such a large country. that is why eastcoast USA is as fair as it will get for USA vs. W. Euro. unless there is a server set up on a ship out in the atlantic....somebody should invest in that...could probably make some money!!!!

don't quite understand what you are getting at with the spain stuff, but if we had a spanish clan join and that is something that would be more fair, then of course changes would be made.

Upvote 0
in response to craig from the post in the other thread:

ROLeague is not VERY selective at all . clans apply, people vote. it is open to any clan. just because a certain group of players have applied under the name of two clans and been rejected both times does not mean it is selective. the people do not apporove of those individuals and think that they would not be a good fit with the community. this is one reason why clans need to apply. the community does not want people that show or have shown that they cannot follow the basic principles of sportsmanship. the other reason why clans need to apply is to make sure that they actually exist and are still actively playing RO.

Upvote 0
with servers/clans/pings.....there is no such thing as an eastcoast or westcoast USA clan. that would be like saying there is an east france team and a west france team. a country is a country and people (no offense, but this is mainly directed at europeans since that is usually where this becomes an issue) need to understand that USA teams can have members from 4 different timezones, actually SiN for example has members from New York to Alaska so 5 time zones!, and they are from all over the continent. that is just something that comes with having such a large country. that is why eastcoast USA is as fair as it will get for USA vs. W. Euro. unless there is a server set up on a ship out in the atlantic....somebody should invest in that...could probably make some money!!!!

don't quite understand what you are getting at with the spain stuff, but if we had a spanish clan join and that is something that would be more fair, then of course changes would be made.

Thank you for the information what i'm meaning with countries is.
Quite some clans in europe are generally european clans rather than just a country.

If you take icm per example we have
Scottish, Irish, English, German, Polish, Norwegian, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Croatian, Dutch, Belgian, Turkish and Italian people.

Were not like a single country playing were a european community.
So if the disctinction is made between different countries in europe it is somewhat only logical to make it between different states in the usa as well. Since i guess in the end usually you will take an average of locations and decide from there in what section people fall in to.
Remember that some american cities are bigger than entire countries over here. (My entire country the netherlands is approcimately the same size as the city los angeles)

Ping wise if a clan got loads of east coasters they should ping well to the main crossatlantic connected countries England, France and the Netherlands. If a clan got loads of west coasters they will probably ping a lot ****tier.

The same happens in europe that people that live in france, england and the netherlands will usually have a low ping to west coast (primarily NY, DC and Atlanta servers), while people in spain and portugal usually have bad ping.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it possible to consider added a change in the default tiebrake rule.
If points matter more than a team where one person caps the capzone while the rest defends the capzone from the outside will loose to a team that will put every single person together in a capzone with nobody actually defending the entrance to the capzone.

1 caps = 10 points
6 caps = 60 points
=
50 point difference for the same archievement of which not one is any better than the other in my opinion.

or if you play as allies and axis.

Axis mg can get resupplied 2 times at spawn.
Allied mg cannot get resupplied at spawn.

Allied mg respawns = 0 points for the allied team.
Axis mg respawns = 10 points for the axis team.

And logically later on people can continue to resupply.

Some teams will definitely try out to maximize their teams points this way on pure attack maps as baksanvalley or barashka, while in my vision atleast do not perform any better.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Second point for me would be the locking down the players for the match beforehand, even though tactics are not set in stone. 8v8 in my opinion is the best and most enjoyable amount of people for most maps in red orchestra, so preferably i would not want to play 6v6. Some clans simply cannot field 8 and would play 6, which is understandable since the newer clans have to be supported. But tactics for a 6v6 are different from tactics for a 8v8, and in something like an official battle which can be called important it would be nice if there would be some certainty that created tactics could be applied.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Some additional info:
Worluk's RoLadder No Bull**** anti cheat mutator doesn't work anymore it was a temporary mutator to solve some of the cheating issues to which people knew the solution. Logically those issues were reported to the developers so a few months after the mutator release in a red orchestra update those issues were fixed. The mutator was never updated since then, and does not do anything with people.

The only thing that was in that mutator that would still be handy for would be kicking people with 16 bit but for just that function the mutator was not updated to work with newer versions of ro. Tripwire at request released at 16bit kick player mutator, which does still work.

So it would be better to replace the No Bull**** anti cheat mutator with the kick 16 bit player mutator.
--------------------------------------------------------

Final question is there any minority protection on roleague.
-Say if all people vote to force european clans to play on an american server, will there be some mechanism that would keep the game fair for europeans (or in the same matter for americans).
-Or in the case that a clan would be really strong, but completely fair in the way they play and act. But people (that by default never like loosing) would prefer to vote them out, because they can never win against that clan anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
if a clan signs up and is a european clan with members from all over europe, just state that in the application thread and make it known.....if that is the case, like with =IcM= for example, then the match would be played on the UK server.....but a clan that has maybe only one or two members from germany and the rest from UK, that is a UK clan....a proposition could be that if a clan had a certain percentage of players spread throughout a continent, then they can be considerd European...just like there are international clans that have players in the US as well as UK and other european countries. they've had no problems at all playing on the USA eastcoast server.

setting number of players doesn't sound like a bad idea, but right now things are working just great with play with who shows up. clans cannot also garuntee that they will have 10 show up.....but if 10 show up for each team, they play that way.

there would never be a vote to make something so obviously unfair....if a clan is spread out like that, it will be taken into consideration and made as fair as possible. but if a clan has say 75% of their players located in UK and 20% in Germany and 5% in Netherlands.....that is really a UK clan. voting in a clan is decided soley on whether the clan is really still an active clan and what type of character their members show and have shown in the past. it has nothing to do with skill. a clan is not going to be kicked out because they are good, there must be a valid reason.....and this better have been said to bring up the crap about when a certain clan was kicked back before they split up. that issue was settled then and i really hope i will not get brought up again because all that will do is create an unnecissary fight.

Upvote 0
I wasn't talking about the corena case its your right to include or exclude people from a league, corena had a bad track record against themself in terms of bad behavior (never anything against them in the form of abusing the game though). The way corena was put out was the wrong part, from what i could see since it wasn't done fairly in my opinion but thats something else.

What i was meaning as example what if a clan Like Suomi, Insom, Project Twilight etc.

What i mean is not if 10 show up they play with 10 that is optionary and if both teams agree, what i mean if no agreement can be found. On players some times tactics are really dependent on player numbers, or a maps balance can be majorly affected. So sometimes you want to enforce say player amount cap so you can get optimal balance.
With a gentlemen agreement you can usually get there probably already by just asking, but as with most rules or by murphy's law. If something can go wrong it will go wrong.

I've been active in multiple leagues and ladders etc not only roladder. And partiality will always be there, simply because people have the biggest party that wants something can account to the definite leave of a smaller party.

-------
I might seem like a hypocrite but i've just been around in the clanning world for too long. Especially once things grow like say game 2 releases which i guess you guys will probably support to. And french people join in with no way to really check up on them issues can and will occur.

I'm always looking at what if scenarios.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As i said we join any tourny for red orchestra that seems to have playable ruling. I wont start making comments once something got a chance to live, and the further things go the more core oriented questions will become. I'm not the nicest in my questioning, but at least taking a look at what i propose as issues seriously and discussing to find your own solution (thats the reason i dont give my opinion of answers of most issues) will save you a lot of trouble in the future, believe me i wish there was someone asking these kinda questions when we started.
I think there are still loads of things that need massive changing not for my sake of liking things, as a lot of those things wont even directly affect players or a gameplay experience, but run behind the backs of others to give people that try to find loopholes in ruling no chance.
It's all about a prevention of bad things, I was the one that started the vote for joining the league in the first place, after i read some changes in the rules. But there are still huge holes that people will make use of sooner or later.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If people from 10 different European countries joins a game, their ping difference will not be that large. Even so, there really are no lag issues unless you start racking up pings well over 150. So far we have had no issue.
I wont start making comments once something got a chance to live, and the further things go the more core oriented questions will become. But there are still huge holes that people will make use of sooner or later.

We have a great system and it works. If there is a huge problem we will be able to fix it. However, the point of the Tour matches are not to rip everything apart and purposely try to fault for the sake of finding a loophole. We are engaged in friendly, competitive gameplay.

Glad to see the app in, hope to see you on the battlefield.

Upvote 0
In remembrance of the founding of this organization two years ago.......​

ROLeague Archives

roleaguebanner.png

Formation:

ROLeague was formed by a group of clans in May of 2008 with the intentions of providing an alternative competition site for the Red Orchestra community. The two clans to begin the early formation were the -[SiN]- clan and AKA clan. Their leaders and members set about the creation of the website, the organizational details and the initial invitation of clans to form the community. Founding adminstrators included en4cer, bswearer, spijker and drunkenirish and the initial core clans included:

-[SiN]-, AKA, [5th], cc//, [50pc.], =OF=, {SHD}, RTR, [TK] and TWB*​

Over the course of nearly 17 months of competition, the organization had a total of 18 clans competing in 253 matches over 6 total seasons of play. The site hosted 3 different events including the only TDM tanking tournament ever offered in Red Orchestra.​

Events Hosted:

ROTOUR (3 Seasons) - League based regular season and playoffs featuring standard clanplay on stock & custom RO maps.​
REDTIDE (2 Tournaments) - League based tournament featuring a TDM (team death match) tanking-only format.
BOLTS (1 Tournament) - League based tournament featuring stock RO infantry maps with bolts-only.

Closing:

The organization officially suspended competition hosting in October of 2009 due to extensive community inactivity and lack of interest for future development. In January of 2010, the website was taken down and the organization dispanded indefinately. In May of 2010, to honor the 2 year anniversary of the site, a section archiving the history of the organization was created in the website of one of the founding clans -[SiN]-. The archives can be found HERE.

Legacy:

For 17 months, ROLeague provided a group of previously "non-competitive" RO clans, mostly from the North American RO scene, the opportunity to participate in friendly clan competition. The organization was far from perfect and like every organization it had it's moments of conflict and drama within the community. However, the positive experiences brought about by the organization far outweigh the negative experiences. The legacy of the organization is that a part the RO community was able to show that it was indeed possible for a group of diverse, inexperienced, and formaly non-competitive clans to work together and participate in friendly competition through an alternative competition source.​

On behalf of the ROLeague founders, administration and clan council, I would like to personally appologize for any hard feelings between clans/individuals that developed out of this endeavor and let it be known that no harm was ever intended by anybody.​

Finally I would like to thank all those who contributed to making the community what it was. Out of respect for all those who were ever involved, I ask that people refrain from trying to smear this community or it's participants by intentionally bringing up instances of drama or by attacking any individuals or clans who participated in the organization.​

It was a fun ride and we accomplished more than most people ever thought we would have.
For that, I consider it as a success in my book.​

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yes i remember the nice raping that was handed to our clan by ebomb...three times? lol :eek::D

despite a few mishaps, for the most part it was good fun while it lasted. i guess the original goal was accomplished, which was to get formerly non-competitive, but still active clans (mostly the NA ones) to get together and play. the few clans/players that were also competing in roladder and DROL and gave it a try it was nice of you guys to get involved. hopefully it helped give some clans enough to do to try to keep em around til HOS and maybe when it comes out, everyone will be willing to forgive and forget and move on and all play together.

i think the best thing that came out of it was the REDTIDE tournament that TWB helped organize as a league event. assuming that HOS will have tanks, i really hope Jim Miller and TWB would be willing to work with whatever site will host up competition in HOS to keep the tournament going. with more teams and more activity it could provide some great times for those RO tankers out there. as for the standard clanplay, i'm confident that roladder or the "new roladder" site or whatever the name will be of the site that will host competition in the future will be able to attract both NA and EU teams and have everyone working together.

oh to note: if the linked pages appear to be down, our site sometimes has slight issues and en4cer just has to restart the modem he's hosting it on ;)

Upvote 0