• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

John Wick 4 trailer

Obviously mad hyped, they've done nothing but pure action galore so far ! But I'm a bit scared of the future of the franchise... Especially with Keanu saying that "he'll keep doing them, as long as his body supports it and fans are there to watch them". It diminishes the sense of tension tremendously, and it doesn't help that the stakes are becoming ridiculously high. I was very surprised when [SPOILER ALERT] John didn't actually die at the end of JW3... It would have been expected, but probably the most fitting end too. He had the whole underworld against him !

I'm afraid JW4 might be... too much? It seems he always find some old friend or old resources to use... It's becoming a bit ridiculous by that point.

I'll watch it, and I'm sure the action will be top-notch, but story and lore-wise? It's becoming a bit stale IMO.

Upvote 0
Obviously mad hyped, they've done nothing but pure action galore so far ! But I'm a bit scared of the future of the franchise... Especially with Keanu saying that "he'll keep doing them, as long as his body supports it and fans are there to watch them". It diminishes the sense of tension tremendously, and it doesn't help that the stakes are becoming ridiculously high.
On one hand, I agree regarding lack of tension since you know "next movie is coming" but then again, if it wasn't for Keanu they would just make a female reboots of John Wick or something. Franchise is way too successful right now to just let it end(and especially how influential it is with so many of the newer action films copying a lot of elements that made first and second movie so popular).
Consider it same as old 90's action movies - plot is secondary, enjoy eye candy :D

Upvote 0
Oh I would love to see some lady like Wick action, that sounds awesome! I know I have seen the first 2 John Wicks. Don't really recall the 3rd but they blur together for me. I do still love them for their choreography and music. Sometimes the action is like watching dance, it's so good. I love it.

Upvote 0
Oh I would love to see some lady like Wick action, that sounds awesome! I know I have seen the first 2 John Wicks. Don't really recall the 3rd but they blur together for me. I do still love them for their choreography and music. Sometimes the action is like watching dance, it's so good. I love it.
Would be pretty cool I agree. But I'd prefer it as separate line of movies rather than "this is John's long lost daughter" or something :D

Upvote 0
Would be pretty cool I agree. But I'd prefer it as separate line of movies rather than "this is John's long lost daughter" or something :D
It could be a continuation adding in a new character, but yeah a long lost daughter would be awkward. But they should definitely still be related to the Wick IP/ universe and not really something else entirely.

Upvote 0
It could be a continuation adding in a new character, but yeah a long lost daughter would be awkward. But they should definitely still be related to the Wick IP/ universe and not really something else entirely.
I mean I would a story of William Dafoe's character(early years n stuff) from first movie as a full-length movie, even if there are no John :D
You can do so much with JW universe since they've established so much lore during first 3 movies. Heck, can even go back in time and tell how assasin org was established. So much ways to work with this universe!

Upvote 0
If I'm not mistaken, both a spin-off AND a TV show are already planned. The series would most likely explore the Continental and the whole underground universe of John Wick. The movie could focus on one of the ballet dancers we've seen in JW3.

I've heard quite a few "John Wick, but as a woman" along the years, the most prominent one being Atomic Blonde. The flick was good, but besides the top-notch fight scenes... It didn't really remind me of John Wick. "The Villainess" was also presented as a Korean "female John Wick", but again, while the action is great, I believe the comparison is a bit thin.

Upvote 0