• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Je suis fou de rage !! le jeu en FRANCAIS!!

Many people have problems with english, and the French people usually hate when there's no French option in games :eek:

This is a very arrogant statement. I know that French and Spanish versions have been promised, but why do you need it in the first place. I see it as a VERY arrogant way of thought to demand that a American development team makes a French version. As a nonnative english speaker (danish), I can't see the problem in learning a international language in a globalized world.

Seeing it as French is originating from the same original language as English, it isn't that hard to learn it in a very basic form.

But a promise is a promise and I don't believe that Tripwire intentionally left it out. So it must be a software bug somewhere. So as with all other releases, please have patience, this will hopefully be resolved quickly.

Lastly, please respect that the rest of the world don't speak your language, especially a relatively small speaker base as french and german.

Upvote 0
Ok... the game is fully localized into German, Russian and Polish (all text, movies, voice etc). The text is localized into French, including subtitles. BUT something broke on release yesterday with the actual handling/downloading of localized versions. Should get fixed later today.

Spanish shouldn't have been on the store page - it should have been Polish. Already spoken to Valve about it, store page should now be correct, those who wanted Spanish that much should be able to get a refund...

Upvote 0
My personal opinion is that its the best thing I seen today.
For some odd reason these French thinks everyone is speaking
their language. So its funny to see they are forced to English here.

Excuse moi Tibo :D:D:D:D
You are being ignorant. France is the 2nd largest market for videogames after Germany. Means they are, like Germans, used to getting a proper localization.
Just keep the nationalistic babble outside. It is all numbers.

Reactions: SingeDebile
Upvote 0
Ok... the game is fully localized into German, Russian and Polish (all text, movies, voice etc). The text is localized into French, including subtitles. BUT something broke on release yesterday with the actual handling/downloading of localized versions. Should get fixed later today.

Spanish shouldn't have been on the store page - it should have been Polish. Already spoken to Valve about it, store page should now be correct, those who wanted Spanish that much should be able to get a refund...

What about the native language option in the game menu :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Just too late for my thought, how nobody noticed how Polish suddenly appeared, but everybody noticed the french and spanish.
Poor polish:D

Upvote 0
You are being ignorant. France is the 2nd largest market for videogames after Germany. Means they are, like Germans, used to getting a proper localization.
Just keep the nationalistic babble outside. It is all numbers.

You don't get it. It's not about lack of french localization. The funny part is that he was ignorant/lazy enough to post in french on english only forums. And it was only a single sentence. Doesn't he know that there are online dictionaries/translators? I bet he does, but that's common with french ppl, they think that whole world speak french :)

Upvote 0
You don't get it. It's not about lack of french localization. The funny part is that he was ignorant/lazy enough to post in french on english only forums. And it was only a single sentence. Doesn't he know that there are online dictionaries/translators? I bet he does, but that's common with french ppl, they think that whole world speak french :)

Just like americans think everyone speaks english

Upvote 0