• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Iwo Jima AA Guns Objective Locked for US

Nylle

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Sweden
Catagory: Level Design
Reproducibility: 2 out of 3 times. (Bad luck?)
Summary: Objective "D" on Iwo Jima became locked but not captured after the AA gun was destroyed.
Description:
Map: Iwo Jima
Team: US
Role: Engineer
Server status: Online Ranked server, 64 players, perfect conenction.

Long version, step by step.
USMC team secured objective A and B, continued onto objective C and D, USMC captured C, IJA recaptured C, USMC bagan capturing objective D more than 1 time, I as a Engineer throw a Satchel Charge on objective D AA Gun but possibly misses, I die atleast 3 more times, I spawn inside D capzone on Squad Leader, I throw a Satchel Charge on objective D AA Gun this time right ontop of the AA Gun prop, I get killed maybe 2 seconds before the Satchel explodes, I notice I probably killed my SL but the AA Gun is now destroyed, I realize we haven't captured the objective (D) anyway, I make it into the D objective AA Gun emplacement but can't capture the objective (its like if the capzone wasen't there anymore, I see that the objective Icon is slightly grayed out (as it is when locked) and still has the Japanease icon and not the American.

Short version in text.
I threw a satchel right on top of a AA gun (D) and destroyed it, the icon of the Objective (D) still belonged to the Japanese, butit was greyed out and Un-cappable. It seemed as if I had locked the objectivewhile the Japanese still owned it. This created a lot of confusion in my team.

I can speculate that the objective was in fact captured for the Americans butjust not properly displayed as US captured.

Important!
In attatched a screenshot of the situation as it remained in the end of the game. Notice the grayed out D objective.

Attachments

• 2013-05-20_00036.jpg
    2013-05-20_00036.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: