• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

It's confirmed.

Few things:

1) You guys don't steam stalk our testers enough. I've seen several go from playing KF in a public server to playing Mac Portal (yes steam says Mac portal) over the past few weeks. Gee I wonder how they did that :p

2) As you might have been able to tell from part 1. It is the same build as currently released. We wanted to make sure we got it right with an already released build so as not to cause new issues that we would have trouble pinning down to being mac or from a new patch.

Upvote 0
Few things:

1) You guys don't steam stalk our testers enough. I've seen several go from playing KF in a public server to playing Mac Portal (yes steam says Mac portal) over the past few weeks. Gee I wonder how they did that :p

2) As you might have been able to tell from part 1. It is the same build as currently released. We wanted to make sure we got it right with an already released build so as not to cause new issues that we would have trouble pinning down to being mac or from a new patch.
Thanks for the info.

Will future KF updates for Mac and PC come at the same time? Or be staggered?

Upvote 0
It seems TWI's strategy is to spend time fixing, but to sell a functioning product. it's frustrating but understandable. Hopefully this means with more income they can spend more time patching. My question is though will the port be financially feasible in the long run? I guess without many options on Mac's Steam (outside of Valve Games) people will end up buying KF and RO.

Im just not sure that the Mac users will have many people to play with. All the people i played with in KF have moved on per lack of updates. That certainly doesn't account for the whole of TWI's KF player base, but i guess we'll see what happens. I cant say i would do much different given the limited resources of TWI.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure TWI won't launch the game on mac whithout -at least- a balance patch (and maybe some content).
And there will probably be a discount on steam too, so I don't think mac players will have a hard time finding partners.
The GMs post up in the thread (read?) says that there won't be a balance patch yet. They have been focusing on getting the Mac client working fine before they work on a balance patch.

Upvote 0
Look at all those mac gamers rejoicing.
Uzbekistan.%20Desert%20Kizil%20Kum.%20Takir.jpg

Upvote 0