• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Isu-152 Isu-100 Isu-122

The ones that do go on the forums are fare likely to have a better PC since they are just the standard noob.
Oh well, if I must buy more ram and video card just to play DH.. I think I'll stick to vanilla RO/more system friendly mods.

Anyways, those SU's looks really great. And if they will appear in the game, many people will really apreciate your work. And it will be possible to give Russians more punch on Orel and the like.

Upvote 0
I dunno.. If it will lag the hell of my pc, I just won't play maps with them. I like playing RO, but I also have other interests, one of them is real life. :)
I'm not the kind of a guy who will run to the nearest store if his fps drops down below 100.

I wonder if it is possible to make high and low detail versions of the mod and make it so people with either version can play on same servers?

Upvote 0
The models look really nice. Hope to see them in game soon.

Now my machine is starting to get old but it should be able to handle higher poly models and the new upcoming mods. But to assume that other people with a lesser rig will automatically upgrade is probably wrong. Some will for the mods, some will upgrade just because they were probably going to anyway, and others might not want to or don't have the money to spare on their PC.

And I think the Crysis comparison is wrong. I know people who would love to have it, but have no intention of getting it because they either think it is foolish to spend hundreds to upgrade, or thousands for a newer rig, for just one game (perhaps their family responsibilities come first) or they just don't have the money. :)

Upvote 0
I believe the Crysis devs are working on making this sim compatible with DX 9 now due to all the problems people are having with the new OS Vista. Seems like a smart move, marketing wise imo! Why limit your client/user base?

Eventually I fear they will stop making it compatible with Windows XP.

M$ is trying to force people to buy Vista which is unfair.

Upvote 0
How did we go down this rathole? Who cares how many polies DH's King Tiger is? The discussion was about these new models. Does anyone know how many polies they are?

The fact of the matter here is that we're not dealing with a next gen engine, we're dealing with UT2K4. Things like aerials and tow cables look great but are a huge waste of polies on most models on this engine.

I would say that game artists always have to walk a fine line between believability and performance. Err too far on one hand and the model doesn't look much like the actual thing, err too far on the other and performance suffers and no one gets to see your fine model anyway. There will always be tension in that decision.

On the other hand, anyone who doesn't think you can compensate for low polie models with textures should go take a look at Captain Obvious's Stug. 4500 polies worth of believable tank.

Upvote 0
How did we go down this rathole? Who cares how many polies DH's King Tiger is? The discussion was about these new models. Does anyone know how many polies they are?

The fact of the matter here is that we're not dealing with a next gen engine, we're dealing with UT2K4. Things like aerials and tow cables look great but are a huge waste of polies on most models on this engine.

I would say that game artists always have to walk a fine line between believability and performance. Err too far on one hand and the model doesn't look much like the actual thing, err too far on the other and performance suffers and no one gets to see your fine model anyway. There will always be tension in that decision.

On the other hand, anyone who doesn't think you can compensate for low polie models with textures should go take a look at Captain Obvious's Stug. 4500 polies worth of believable tank.

UE2.5 not UE2 (?). Also UE3 is practically UE2(/2.5) with extra features.

Upvote 0
Not so much Otester. UE 2.5 is UE 2 with a few new features. UE 3 is a new beast.

From a video I saw with President from Epic Games, he said that UE3 was UE2.5 carried on. UE4 and UE4.5 work the same I think.

EDIT: Here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7exFo--lusc

But to continue this game of one upmanship Otester I think you should bring out a Maus!
lol 3mph haha, the gun would be interesting thou. Isn't it like(?):

128mm L\55 (Main Gun)
75mm L\48 (Secondary Coxial)

You gotta pick:

Maus

kubinka-71-maus-420b.jpg

OR

Tiger Maus

AIB-E100-Tiger_Maus.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0