• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Issues With Server DLing Maps from Steam Workshop?

Holden1

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 2, 2021
I set up a server a while back, got maps DLing from the workshop to the server etc just fine. I updated my install, and added some new maps and it doesn't work anymore. Backed up the old server install and DL'd the server files again, set it all up again, and it still doesn't work. Deleted some cache and steamapp files and still doesn't work etc.

First time it's "Item state is 0." then afterwards it's "Item state is 8." and stays there with nothing DLing (I've left it over night so). Any ideas? The ports listed in the wiki are open so. It's on Ubuntu 18.04 that's up to date and the game server is up to date. I can connect to the server and play on it, it's just the server won't DL maps from the steam workshop.

As far as I know and the last thing I saw posted, was again, the whole Steam Workshop Custom Map thing is basically broken.
Whatever custom maps you add INITIALLY, will work. BUT............ any custom maps after that will not download from the Workshop. Why? Another thing that used to work perfectly and then Tripwire broke it!
I understand that there is a way to fix it, but requires wiping your server files or something like that and starting over. In the new instance, add all the Custom maps you want the FIRST time you add maps.

Upvote 0
I set up a server a while back, got maps DLing from the workshop to the server etc just fine. I updated my install, and added some new maps and it doesn't work anymore. Backed up the old server install and DL'd the server files again, set it all up again, and it still doesn't work. Deleted some cache and steamapp files and still doesn't work etc.essay writer

First time it's "Item state is 0." then afterwards it's "Item state is 8." and stays there with nothing DLing (I've left it over night so). Any ideas? The ports listed in the wiki are open so. It's on Ubuntu 18.04 that's up to date and the game server is up to date. I can connect to the server and play on it, it's just the server won't DL maps from the steam workshop.
thank you my issue has been solved

Reactions: Kittenmittens
Upvote 0
As far as I know and the last thing I saw posted, was again, the whole Steam Workshop Custom Map thing is basically broken.
Whatever custom maps you add INITIALLY, will work. BUT............ any custom maps after that will not download from the Workshop. Why? Another thing that used to work perfectly and then Tripwire broke it!
I understand that there is a way to fix it, but requires wiping your server files or something like that and starting over. In the new instance, add all the Custom maps you want the FIRST time you add maps.
Could you write up a bug report with details about this? As far as we are aware maps are still updating to servers fine with Steam Workshop. We have direct contact regularly with server owners in our Discord that would have let us know if Steam Workshop downloads and updates weren't working. Haven't seen anything about this here either.

Upvote 0
I set up a server a while back, got maps DLing from the workshop to the server etc just fine. I updated my install, and added some new maps and it doesn't work anymore. Backed up the old server install and DL'd the server files again, set it all up again, and it still doesn't work. Deleted some cache and steamapp files and still doesn't work etc.essay writer

thank you my issue has been solved

Upvote 0