• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Issues with online play

saLo

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 19, 2010
Hey there,

When playing online, the game lags out after 30 seconds to a minute of play. Everyone on the map just continues to walk forward and i have to disconnect.

I've so far found one server that doesn't do this. It's not my connection to the internet, as I stay connected.

Wondered if anyone else had any similar problems.

Thanks

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK
its an issue with thompson routers pretty much the old fix doesnt work anymore since steam updated the ui. TWI is working with steam to fix it again i believe.

After the serverlist is obtained try to wait a minute before joining a server, then you wont disconnect.

saLo

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 19, 2010
Thanks a lot for the help guys. That seems to explain the problem and would make sense as i'm using a Thompson router.

I'll wait a while after generating the server lists before connecting, thanks for the tip, and see if that helps. Hopefully the new fix will come out soon.

Thanks again

Morello

Administrator
Mar 17, 2006
If you have telnet access to your router then you can fix it properly, see my comments in the stickied BT / Thomson router thread. If not then you'll have to use the workarounds for now.