• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Issues so far with this game.

Doublebow

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 17, 2017
So Ive played the game for a couple of hours but had to stop because there are alot of issues with this game. Bugs and general problems with how things have been implemented.

Firstly get rid of that robot, he is right up in my face all the time and is royally pissing me off.

Secondly alot of the features feel unfinished, the movement, works but only works for some parts of the game, did you even play test this game with it? In the catacombs you have to turn on the teleport just to progress down drops and across the bridge (this is what has forced me to stop, I shouldn't need to keep changing my control settings just to progress through the game.

The shotgun is very broken or at least it feels broken, it will randomly pump itself while I'm not doing anything ,the floating hands destroy the immersion. The pump distance is far too short and feels very unrealistic and unsatisfying (play h3vr to learn how to make a vr shotgun)

Reloading is really ****, I saw in the ama on Reddit the other day that you did it like this so you still had to reload and didn't implement something like arizona sunshine because you didn't want people to abuse it. I tried to abuse the reload system and it feels the same speed to reload as it is in this game so that excuse was stupid.

Its also clear that this game was designed for people to be playing before roomscale was implemented, as a result the game feels very basic with how weapons and ammo teleport to you again breaking the immersion. On top of this I played the first boss battle with the skrake or what ever its called. and it felt so ****, I mean you have made the guns feel good, grenades are cool, and killing other zeds feels satisfying, so when you have the big buildup to the boss battle I was expecting more than just "walk backwards while shooting it) it felt very un-intuitive, I understand that you cant have loads of counter attacks due to the limitations of vr but at least have it try to attack you, then you have to move your body to dodge its attacks like duck under its chainsaw and things like that. Rethink how to do things in this game, play robo recall to get an idea of how to do physical movement in this game.

Then there is the problem of ammo and medpacks, if medpacks heal you fully with just two, don't have them littered everywhere. make them scarce, also have them equip to your body so you can use them when you need them like grenades. And then why si ammo sometimes so rare? and yet at times you don't need it you make it scarce.

And finally there is the issue of the zed spawning, I understand that your supposed to be in some sort of simulation, but do we really need for the zeds to just spawn in and out in a bright blue teleporty thing? It looks stupid and again breaks the immersion and ruins the fear and suspense that the game tries to build up. Simply have the dead zeds fall through the world or just faze out, since the game is very dark it wouldn't looks so obvious and for spawning the zeds in why not have them spawn before you come around a corner or like in kf;2 have them jump over barricades, fall from roofs and the likes. Also often the zeds will phase in stay blue then just randomly phase out, I don't know whether this is a bug or intentional but its stupid and needs removing.

I really want to like this game, I love other tripwire games and especially the KF games but this just feels unfinished, it still feels much like an Early access game or a vr teck demo, not the "second wave vr game" the devs promoted in the ama. And how is it your charging £30 for this and yet the much larger, polished and overall well rounded game KF:2 your only charging £20 for? It makes no sense.

This has been the biggest let down for me in vr so far...