• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Issue with toggling lights

eckojay

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 5, 2014
I am having an issue with toggling lights on a custom map I am working on.

Every light on the map is destructible and has two damage states, flickering and destroyed. Many of the destructible lights consist of both a spotlight and and a pointlight. Each of these lights are toggleable and I am able to make it so that a trigger will activate all lights on the map and I can make a condition deactivate all lights.

Now the issue
Lights will de-activated globally by the trigger as long as they are in the "on" state or "flickering" state. However there is a logic issue with the lights. Because the SDK requires the destroyed light to be marked as "disabled" if a light is completely destroyed, if the trigger disables all lights on the map the destroyed light returns to a flickering state where it does not count as disabled.

Screenshot to clarify some potentially unclear info on destructible lights
Spoiler!

This screenshot shows a light which is flickering when all light are disabled. This light was previously completely destroyed yet enters the flickering state when all lights turn off.
Spoiler!

Finally the Kismet for controlling this. All the controlling/important factors are included in the screenshot. I understand this is quite messy and probably very inefficient
Spoiler!

Have I run myself into a corner with how I've designed this? The idea is to have destroyed lights to never return to an "on" state regardless of the trigger. I understand that this may be pretty confusing based on how I've explained it so please ask questions if you don't understand.
Thanks for any help you can offer.