• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is this an exploit?

ozfighter

Dec 17, 2014
A backstory, one of the admins on our server claims this is a legitimate tactic because he's not blocked by the combat zones. I wanted to know if this was intentional by the map developers or just an oversight. Also to gauge public opinion on here.

Basically what he does is, as a squad leader, is flank around the C cap which is where the americans are defending and camps in D cap shooting the americans as they spawn (even using our own browning to kill us). I have been on the map where C has been lost and D immediately lost afterwards (ending the map) because there's a japanese squad behind our spawn camping in D cap.

Here's basically what happens. http://imgur.com/T9W2GUU

In your opinion is this exploiting or was this intentional by the map developers.

Attachments

• hantoexploit.jpg
    hantoexploit.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 0
Thoigh one of those admins you're talking about session banned someone for map exploiting yesterday lol.

yeah i know, i have my own views on this, check the forums. His stated excuse for me when i questioned him on this yesterday was that there were no combat zones therefore it wasn't against the rules and it was merely 'flanking'

so i thought i would take it here and get a second opinion as it were :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Link Can't Open.

o.png

Upvote 0
I'd say it's a pretty ****ty tactic. Arguing that it can't be an exploit just because there isn't anything preventing it is a very, very, very stupid argument. In order to exploit you either have to get around the system preventing it, or there may not be one, because well it's an exploit they didn't for see. I highly doubt something like this was and is considered "map design". Especially considering it is essentially spawn camping, something I do not look favorably towards. So yeah it is an exploit, one that the level designers somehow didn't see ahead of time and prevented it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My opinion is, and always has been that, deficiencies in the map cannot be compensated for by human intervention. That would require VERY active admins policing any players who strayed outside the admin-imposed boundaries.

You'd have a flurry of people on mic saying "X is abusing the map, ban him please". If you want it changed, learn how to edit the map and get the server admin to replace the map with a custom version.

Combat zones are sketchy, bugged, or totally unimplemented on Coldsteel, Myshkova, Peleliu, Gumrakstation, Rakowice, and probably others I am forgetting.

Upvote 0
Combat zones are sketchy, bugged, or totally unimplemented on Coldsteel, Myshkova, Peleliu, Gumrakstation, Rakowice, and probably others I am forgetting.

Get rid of combat zones, get rid of the problem. If somebody can get behind enemy lines and cause havoc, good for him! Now the enemy team must take time to remove that threat before advancing. Next time make sure nobody slips behind you. ;)

I want a free 3D battlespace without artificial limitations.

Upvote 0