• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Info] Is this a joke?

TW employees ignore user posts here regarding issues that are a bit more complicated than "Install X file"

That hasn't been my experience. I've seen TWI respond to many problem threads personally. I am fairly confident they read them, at the very least, even if they don't respond to all of them.

I and a bunch of other folks were having problems with a weapon not firing on the first mouse click, and three pages into the thread Yoshiro blurts out "Guys, we can't fix this if you can't reproduce it. Try and come up with some circumstances that cause this!" It was pretty obvious he had been following the thread.

I don't know, maybe I'm being optimistic, but the devs seem to be on top of things.

Upvote 0
Listen, I'm all for going easy on TWI, but this is a bull**** excuse.

It's like being upset that the last 15 minutes of the movie you paid to watch in theaters was done with paper cutouts and the director providing voice overs before him shrugging and going "sorry guys, we need more time to finish the movie".

Yeah, people are right to be irked that the product is incomplete, but I can see why TWI felt pressured into releasing the unfinished product and I sympathize with that.

It's a lose-lose situation.

I agree with you mostly, however I do not think it was a lose-lose situation.

You can get back the people that get pissed about a delay. Even open the beta up to the public to appease them. A good game sells itself most of the time.

You will never get back the person that picks up the game in stores, installs to find the FPS and bugs to be terrible, then preaches to his friends about the craptastic game he just bought. Now a good company has lost potentially thousands of future customers. First impressions are everything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This thread shows just what others said back when the delay happened. People ***** constantly about a delay, demand refunds and throw around ****ty comments at the devs. The devs rush to appease these forum posters and put the game out before all the bugs are ironed out and what happens? These same people turn around and ***** about the game being released too early. Nothing is ever good enough. Do you people not realise that TWI has been on top of this **** and will continue to be. As Miyagi once said, "Patience Daniel-Son, Patience."....

You know, thinking back on it I've noticed a trend. It doesn't matter what game it is. Just about every shooter that has come out in the last few years has their forums full of people doing this same thing. *****ing to and about the devs. Then trashing the game. I've been playing games on one PC or another since the 80's and I can tell you first hand that all games have bugs and issues. They get patched and work better. Sometimes they are patched over several years before they turn into a decent playable game. Sometimes they never even get a patch. So for you guys to sit here and say that this is something new is ridiculous. It's the way things get done in the PC community. You can not expect these guys to have their programming worked out for every different combinatiuon of PC build out there. You just can't. Does anyone remember BF 1942? that game was full of bugs on release. Hell patched up it's still full of clipping and issues of the sort. Did that stop me and all my friends from playing it. Hell no, to this day I still have my original CD's and the Desert Combat final build mod. Which was also full of bugs. Anyone remember the Battlecruiser series? It took several title releases before they had a playable game. Those were the days, no internet to read reviews or watch gameplay videos. Just go to EB or what have you, read the back of a box, pay for it, drive home hoping you got a good game and finally finding out that it crashes or doesn't save (better yet, crashes when you try and save) after you get home and get it in the drive.

I'm not saying bugs are good. But bugs are a part of the PC world, period. If you guys would just sit back and relax some I'm sure these guys at TWI will get **** worked out sooner than later. They have shown all of us that they are devoted and even going as far as interacting frequently with us in the forums, which is something of a rarity with most companies these days. So please just chill out people. Reading some of these threads makes me want to reach through my monitor and choke the ignorance out of you.

Anyways, I think I'm done ranting about you people raging on this game. Hopefully I see you in game soon, so I can kill your bastard asses.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I recall the last game I preordered and played the first day of release...

Call of Duty:World at War

Top tier developer. Top tier publisher. Buggy, glitchy, unoptomized, laggy. Sound familiar? Yep. Same goes for every other PC game I've played in the last 10 years, in the early days of their releases. But what always happens? Over the period of the next few months everything starts to smooth out and eventually things are where they should be.

For the game to be "perfect" at launch you'd have to have an open Beta that is a year long, if not more. That's just not going to happen.

Now, I get it, the whole argument of "if I bought [product 'X'] and it didn't work I'd return it immediately" and that's your right as a consumer to do so. But perhaps some of you were setting your expectations a little *too* high, don't you think?

I also get the argument one guy brought up about how we shouldn't have to expect a glitch filled release and wait months for a series of patches to fix what we just bought. That we should demand more from game companies. What I say to that is go to a game developer studio one day when it's crunch time, be there in person and demand more... you're going to get thrown off the roof by a bunch of tired, strung-out, sweaty, hungry, red-eyed programmers.

Jokes aside, yes, as it's been said it's a lose-lose for the game company... a longer development means holding off on revenue and hearing from angry forum nerds that berate them for taking so long. And of course if they do release earlier than they should they get this kind of response, but at least they get the income from those big post-release sales... income that will help them pay for the salaries of the employees to fix the bugs that they didn't have time to do before hand.

All that said, I played this game tonight as soon as the first patch finished installing and I liked it. No, it's not smoothed out yet, but I see the potential for where it could end up, and I see a company behind it that does indeed have the want, will, AND ability to stay with their products and make them better for as long as they need to.... unlike Activision or EA developers who are forced to abandon games the moment something new is dropped on them. A year from now you will not see RO3, you'll see a highly refined and incrementally improved RO2.

Patience, A.D.D. / A.D.HiDef generation. Patience.

Reactions: Alithian
Upvote 0
I agree

I agree

I was at school all day, had Judo at night, was so excited to come home and play. I get home, and the Weapon Lvling is still broken, half the time i cant see the gun reload animation. Sometime my hands disappear and i have a floating gun, that i cant reload or change weapons. Companies should not be allowed to do this. You should not be able to sell a broken product!

Upvote 0
@Brushy Bill

Actually, its ignorance from people like you that really tend to bother me. You profile every single person that has something non completely positive to say on the forum as a whiner. Yes, some people may seem completely irrational. But, all I see even more than this whining, is people like you bashing people with a valid complaint.

Other than that, you act like PC gaming has some kind of traditional heritage of releasing buggy games. I think this is caused mainly because people like you put up with it. RO2 was one of the very last games I was expecting to be any good on release and would dare pre order in the next year or so. It's almost a compliment to TW how much expectations most people here seemed to have had. I would say, for the most part, that this is being handled in a very mature yet validly upset manner. With most of the people posting at least.

Edit: This might start a debate and I can't reply for a while so I'm just gonna say it really comes down to opinions and I dislike it highly when people post specifically to put down what other forum users have to say.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think Brushy Bill is a dev in disguise. There is simply no excuse to sell a game that doesn't work. Point, blank, period.

I had a good laugh at that comment. Far from it my friend. I think you missed my point though. There are a lot of people who can and are playing the game because it works for them. Minus the small bugs every game has before being patched up. They just aren't filling up the forums with, "The game WORKS!!!" threads. I can refresh the server list right now and see a ton of servers that are full or close to it. That being said, you'll always have issues with other setups in the PC community, this is where intelligent feedback and patching for optimization comes in. People just need to be a bit more patient.

@Brushy Bill

Actually, its ignorance from people like you that really tend to bother me. You profile every single person that has something non completely positive to say on the forum as a whiner. Yes, some people may seem completely irrational. But, all I see even more than this whining, is people like you bashing people with a valid complaint.

Other than that, you act like PC gaming has some kind of traditional heritage of releasing buggy games. I think this is caused mainly because people like you put up with it. RO2 was one of the very last games I was expecting to be any good on release and would dare pre order in the next year or so. It's almost a compliment to TW how much expectations most people here seemed to have had. I would say, for the most part, that this is being handled in a very mature yet validly upset manner. With most of the people posting at least.

Sorry, but I wasn't profiling anyone. I was specifically targetting people who do just what I said.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If they can't get the game working straight/optimized better in order to change public opinion, they're going to get demolished by BF3/MW3.

Sure, they'll be a small core group of people who hang on, like in RO 1, but that's not what they want at all.

Here's hoping for the best, it has potential...

I'm hoping Metacritic isn't too harsh, as that's what it all comes down to these days.

Upvote 0
If they can't get the game working straight/optimized better in order to change public opinion, they're going to get demolished by BF3/MW3.

Sure, they'll be a small core group of people who hang on, like in RO 1, but that's not what they want at all.

Here's hoping for the best, it has potential...

I'm hoping Metacritic isn't too harsh, as that's what it all comes down to these days.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/red-orchestra-2-heroes-of-stalingrad

It's already beginning.

I don't want this game to fail either. But at the same time I don't want TWI to get away with ripping people off $30-$40. They need to clean this mess up, and fast. Bad news travels faster than good news, as they say.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
[url]http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/red-orchestra-2-heroes-of-stalingrad[/URL]

It's already beginning.

I don't want this game to fail either. But at the same time I don't want TWI to get away with ripping people off $30-$40. They need to clean this mess up, and fast.

It's just poorly optimized, nobody can deny that. I'm not that knowledgeable about the ability for games to patch this, so I don't know if that's fixable.

If it is, they need to hurry. I can understand that they needed to release this before the huge gorillas of BF3/MW3 came out, as they would have been buried in the Holiday crowd, but was it worth the cost of it's current state?
There's going to be many all-nighters at Tripwire for a while, ha. I loved RO 1, it was something unique at it's time and the tank battles are still unmatched, so let's cross our fingers.

Upvote 0
y

y

This isnt time to review and score this game yet. Cause its not "finished" and your reviews affected by temporaly bugs. But they cant last forever. So i will vote and score and review and recommend to my friend after month or something like that. If they dont fix main problems. Their problem and i will score it negativly. If i vote it now. It will be something like 6-7 cause this game is still fun, even with fps lags, ping lags, client drops and so on.

Reactions: Brushy Bill
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I've been a part of PC gaming since the early 90s. Why, in almost 20 years, can we not get past this? Why is it so hard to say "hey guys, this game is obviously still broken, let's delay a little"? Why are we treating this like it's ok?

When I get anything else that's broken, I return it and get my money back. I don't wait for the manufacture to repair it for me. Games that are released unfinished reflect poorly on their developers. Look at the difference of opinion between Valve and Obsidian.

We, as gamers, shouldn't have to put up with this. Throwing your hands up and saying "oh well, that's how it was and always shall be!" is just lazy. Demand better. Complain. Ask for your money back. Developer should know that it's not ok to take our money for broken goods.

...Especially after a public beta! Seriously? The beta didn't tip them off that some things needed work?

The voice of maturity and responsibility

Unfortunately your post will be overlooked by the all the kiddies who haven't even gotten through high school and the older fanbois who are still coddled by their parents.

From your post alone, I could go on to talk about social/economic issues which are damaging America and Western Europe (read the newspaper kids!) The behavior you admonish in your post is a classic example of what has gone wrong with society.

Upvote 0
The Support team has been working non-stop, I know the big issues will be fixed eventually, it's just I hope it's not before it's too late for them economically.

We have to be all do two things:
Not be overly critical of the game, yet not be overly in-love with the game and overlook obvious issues.

Last edited:
Upvote 0