• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Info] Is this a joke?

You are so negative. You blame the game and wonder why it isnt running and often its caused by your own PC specs or software errors.

Complaining doesnt help, but if your posts stop annoying whiners people to play this game. I have no problem with that.
This game runs much better than other releases like Arma2 or IL2 CoD.

Patient !!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Search for some low gpu usage on Google, F1 2010 has the same friggin performance bug as some are getting.

Another thread is that the low gpu usage was due to bad airflow on the graphics card, so it mantained a low usage to not overheat.

Into the Bulletstorm forums (UE3), one guy with ATI card was having the same issues:
It was laggy at best, only used about 65% of my gpu, and only used about 20% of each physical core, none of the virtual cores.

So, a guy told me to.
"Turn off Framerate smoothing inside the StormEngine.ini and also Turn off Mouse Smoothing in the StormInput.ini file"

Set vsync in ccc to always off and disable edge detection.

That worked, gameplay was much smoother after that, fps was now around 60, and i noticed no slowdows while i tested it during the first firefight in the game.
gpu usage had risen to 98%, but cpu usage was the same.

I will keep searching more, who knows if one of these works.

Upvote 0
Awesome post bud +1 ;)

I've been a part of PC gaming since the early 90s. Why, in almost 20 years, can we not get past this? Why is it so hard to say "hey guys, this game is obviously still broken, let's delay a little"? Why are we treating this like it's ok?

When I get anything else that's broken, I return it and get my money back. I don't wait for the manufacture to repair it for me. Games that are released unfinished reflect poorly on their developers. Look at the difference of opinion between Valve and Obsidian.

We, as gamers, shouldn't have to put up with this. Throwing your hands up and saying "oh well, that's how it was and always shall be!" is just lazy. Demand better. Complain. Ask for your money back. Developer should know that it's not ok to take our money for broken goods.

...Especially after a public beta! Seriously? The beta didn't tip them off that some things needed work?

Upvote 0
Awesome post bud +1 ;)

The question that i would like answered is, what were all the in-house pre-beta testers doing? ,surely they noticed that parts of the game just weren't working as they should, the public beta brought to light a lot of problems some of which TWI quickly fixed, but were these problems not obvious before then?

Upvote 0
The question that i would like answered is, what were all the in-house pre-beta testers doing? ,surely they noticed that parts of the game just weren't working as they should, the public beta brought to light a lot of problems some of which TWI quickly fixed, but were these problems not obvious before then?

Before the DDE beta it was a friends and family beta, and friends and family aren't going to take a giant dump on the game. Whether consciously or subconsciously, they're going to look passed the flaws and focus on only the awesome, because its a game their friend/husband/son/dad is making.

Uwe Boll's mom probably thinks he's the greatest filmmaker of our generation.

That's my theory anyway.

Upvote 0
Before the DDE beta it was a friends and family beta, and friends and family aren't going to take a giant dump on the game. Whether consciously or subconsciously, they're going to look passed the flaws and focus on only the awesome, because its a game their friend/husband/son/dad is making.

Uwe Boll's mom probably thinks he's the greatest filmmaker of our generation.

That's my theory anyway.

I dont think so. With your theory games of big studios which have more beta testers should be bug free on release. Never seen a game without performance issues, bugs, etc on release.

I guess its the amount of different pc out there: Intel systems, AMD system, mixes of AMD/Intel ATI/Nvidea, old drivers, Windows not up to date, different versions of Win, 64/32bit, people not maintaining their system, bla bla bla.
You just cant make it right for everyone. For me after the last beta update it ran great on custom ultra settings, now I am back low/med settings and bad fps.

Reactions: Brushy Bill
Upvote 0
Go make your own game and see how easy it is. Cut out the goddamn melo-drama and get it through your head this is release day, and that patches are to come.

Im surprised we are still seeing stuff like above... is it too much to complain for someone who just spent $40 on a product he cannot use? The OP is entitled to his opinion and certainly entitled to a working product he just bought.

I was in the closed-beta, open beta and now have the full game and I can see still many bugs. Yes, lately most games are coming out broken or not fully patched and its ok to an extend, but its not the way forward either. With that said, TWI is not a big Studio and their resources are probably stretch to the limit on this release. Because of the awesome support we got in the Beta with frequent patches/updates I am fully prepared to give TWI a chance to get the issues sorted.

To the OP, give TWI a chance to fix those problems as I know they will. It maybe disappointing to not be able to fully enjoy the game from day one but all is not lost and RO2 is a great game imo. For the performance issues, its definetly worth making sure you have the latest drivers for your GFX card and to play around with the Graphical options inside RO2. I start with most on Low and higher them up slowly until im happy with the looks and performance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
+1 Exactly.
I've been a part of PC gaming since the early 90s. Why, in almost 20 years, can we not get past this? Why is it so hard to say "hey guys, this game is obviously still broken, let's delay a little"? Why are we treating this like it's ok?

When I get anything else that's broken, I return it and get my money back. I don't wait for the manufacture to repair it for me. Games that are released unfinished reflect poorly on their developers. Look at the difference of opinion between Valve and Obsidian.

We, as gamers, shouldn't have to put up with this. Throwing your hands up and saying "oh well, that's how it was and always shall be!" is just lazy. Demand better. Complain. Ask for your money back. Developer should know that it's not ok to take our money for broken goods.

...Especially after a public beta! Seriously? The beta didn't tip them off that some things needed work?

Upvote 0
Ok i rephrase it:
Than big studios which have beta testers that are not related or friends with the developers should release bug free games. Still no bug free games on release that I played or heard of.

No, no, no. That's not what my theory suggests at all. We both know bug free games don't exist in this day and age.

Professional paid game testers do, however, lead to less bugs in most cases.

RO2 is lots of fun, but it really is a special case in bugginess. It ranks up there with Empire: Total War and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I have no doubt that TWI's total reliance on free beta testers (as far as I know) is the cause of that. I know they're not rich and they can't afford a legion of pro testers, I sympathize with em. But thats the way it is.

I also have no doubt they'll patch it all to hell. I just hope they sacrifice just a bit more so they can get it done very quickly (at least for the major things like performance and crashes).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This Thread.

crying_baby.jpg

Upvote 0

Very well said, and you are absolutely right, we need to stop saying " Oh it's ok " if we want to see some improvement in this area. As it stands people seem to expect rushed and unfinished, and thats what they get.

I'm really glad I got to play the beta but I think we should still be playing the beta, as the game is simply not working properly.

No stats, no unlocks, no servers, constant crashing, poor performance and when someone complains, they are made to feel like it is their fault.

Things do indeed need to change.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Very well said, and you are absolutely right, we need to stop saying " Oh it's ok " if we want to see some improvement in this area. As it stands people seem to expect rushed and unfinished, and thats what they get.

I'm really glad I got to play the beta but I think we should still be playing the beta, as the game is simply not working properly.

No stats, no unlocks, no servers, constant crashing, poor performance and when someone complains, they are made to feel like it is their fault.

Things do indeed need to change.

%100 in agreement.

Upvote 0